Wear 2.0?

Search This thread

masterofmayhem

Aug 25, 2009
Since we aren't getting this, is it possible to install a custom ROM (possibly based off the software for the ZW2)? There's never been a real need for a custom ROM before since we, and all 1st gen wear devices got all updates. Anyway, does anyone out there know of anything in development?

elkay

Apr 6, 2005
github.com
I was wondering this and was going to look into it once the ZenWatch 2 AW 2.0 system images are available. I honestly like the original ZenWatch style better than the 2 or 3. I still get complements weekly on it.

Poebat

Jan 15, 2016
Someone ported AW 2 to the zw2 from another watches rom since they have the same specs. Maybe the same could be done for the zw1 since it has the same specs as the zw2

masterofmayhem

Aug 25, 2009
Now that Wear 2.0 hit the ZW2, does anyone know how to get it on the original? Are there any devs that are willing to make it happen?

Reactions: xBane_

xBane_

Feb 12, 2017
That would be great... if nothing happens I'll sell my ZW for a new model.
Yeah, sorry, it won't be happening, at least not for a while. I was planning on upgrading to a LG watch urbane anyway; so I doubt it.
The real limiting factor is time, because although compiling an AOSP rom from source is relatively easy, or so I've heard, the closed sourced nature of AW makes the whole process a bit muddy.

Reactions: bel57

Top Liked Posts