[Q&A] S.onyXT.S v1.0 [UNBRICKER] - Xperia Tab S auto unbricker/flasher!

Search This thread

T.60

Oct 9, 2012
Q&A for S.onyXT.S v1.0 [UNBRICKER] - Xperia Tab S auto unbricker/flasher!

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for S.onyXT.S v1.0 [UNBRICKER] - Xperia Tab S auto unbricker/flasher!. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have bricked my SONY TABLET SGPT111GB/S. It got stock at the Sony Logo. I have tried everything without any luck. Please help. Can I use this unbricker to solve the problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    I have been trying to unbrick my Xperia Tablet S but ran into a problem with the unbrick tool.
    It seems to be running fine up until the following:

[*] Take SD card out of tab and press enter...

Then it reads:

[*] Rebooting...
    -exec '/system/bin/sh failed: No such file or directory (2) -

[*] Finished!
    [*] Press any key to exit.

At this point the tablet doesn't reboot it stays on the Sony logo with cold boot text in the top left corner.
    (And yes I'm sure I removed the SD card before pressing enter.)

I beleive I might have a problem with ADB drivers.
    With the SD card inserted and cold boot text showing I see the device as Andriod phone/ Adb interface(something similar) in the device manager.
    I can also find it with the adb devices command.
    However if I power it on without the SD card (only Sony logo on screen) I see it as Portable device/MTP USB-device in the device manager, and I can't find it with adb devices command.

If anyone has any suggestions please share it with me.
    Hi, my Xperia Tablet S was brick as yours and I tried since feww days to use the UNBRICKER too, unsuccessfully.
    My boot was blocked on the SONY logo then nothing happens.
    And here is the miracle !!!
    I found this topic :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1687429
    I downloaded the zip file related to my XPERIA Tablet S with the good region (FR for me)
    Then I put this zip file on a SD card, renamed it in update.zip and insert it in my tablet.
    I boot my tablet in recovery mode ( hold vol+ button, maintain the hold, hold and release the power button, still maintaining vol+ button and when the menu appears release the vol+ button.
    choose to boot update from SDcard then choose the update.zip file and yeeeeeeeeeeeees ! It works for me !
    Be carefull to choose the right zip file !!!
    Enjoy