[APP SPACE] [UPGRADE] [1.7gB] [C2305]

190 posts
Thanks Meter: 62

By Maxx_Yamano, Senior Member on 31st May 2017, 10:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
V3.0

OVERVIEW

Quote:

This process is only for Xperia C not for any other device so please don't try this on any other device you can only if you wish to brick your device.

Well Xperia C is a mid-range smartphone which comes with 1 GB of ram & 4 GB of storage which is bit disappoint for users if they wish to install apps they just get 700 mb of space after looking on internet for a while I got a solution to fix this. After doing so your device will get 1.7 GB of app space which is enough for normal apps load rather than 700 MB but that doesn't exactly adds more space but by decreasing your internal memory which just becomes to 216 MB so users which don't have SD Card please it is not recommended to proceed. By the way if you are ready just only one thing required is to install custom recovery i.e TWRP/CWM for the users who wish to install TWRP in easy way just move to my thread : https://forum.xda-developers.com/son...overy-t3614803

So let's get started

DISCLAIMER

Quote:

Well I am not responsible for any damages to your device please proceed at your own risk also your data will be wiped after this so don't forgot to backup important data.

THINGS REQUIRED
  • Custom recovery (TWRP/CWM)
  • Xperia C

PROCESS

1. Download & Preparation

You must have custom recovery properly installed.

Download Section :
• Increase Storage ZIP : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzJ...iTHJvcWM/view? usp =sharing&pli=1

2. Installation Process :
Well to increase your storage just first boot into custom recovery (mine is TWRP) to boot into custom recovery on Xperia C just turn off your device then press & hold on volume down key then hold on power key until you see Sony Logo then leave Power Key but don't leave volume down key until you see TWRP mode as soon as you get there press on wipe then swipe for Wipe Data Factory Reset[This is important or else you may not completely get 1.7 GB some users reported to just get 1.5 GB because they didn't wipe out Data & Factory Reset]Then just click on Install select the location of your file probably download folder then click on the zip. Swipe to flash.... Wait for 2-3 Min to get zip flashed. Once done click on reboot device. Done .. (Note : First Boot may take 15-20 Min don't get hyper)

Enjoy All Done !!!

CREDITS

• Information Lord

IF I HELPED YOU DON'T FORGOT TO HIT THANKS BELOW MY THREAD .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxx_Yamano For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Maxx_Yamano Ad-Free

2nd October 2017, 01:20 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Thane
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Q/A :

Quote:

1. How will I revert changes & again get to normal 700 MB of storage ?
- Well, You need to flash stock Android OS via this thread :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/son...2#post72433732
2. Can I do it on stock recovery ?
- Unfortunately, No because you have restrictions on stock recovery.
3. Do I need to unlock bootloader ?
- No, Because there is not option to unlock bootloader so this is just for lock bootloader Xperia C.
... Will add more Q/A if I thought necessary...

17th April 2018, 03:25 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
what is custom recovery installed?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)