FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Good news: Xperia C can Unlock the bootloader (from Sony Official Website)

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By rerbin, Junior Member on 15th July 2014, 03:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Go to http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/ and select the device of Xperia C
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rerbin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rerbin Ad-Free
 
 
15th July 2014, 03:52 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 1,250
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rerbin

Go to http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/ and select the device of Xperia C

It's really good news mate. I entered my email and IMEI, got unlock code.
I think our device will be able to unlock on next update. Because it says 'Rooting status:No' on this version.
The Following User Says Thank You to TacoNikky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TacoNikky Ad-Free
15th July 2014, 04:04 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Flag Manaus
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rerbin

Go to http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/ and select the device of Xperia C

Great new by the way. My C2304 is in "Rooting Status: No" too, but I really expect sony update for 4.3 or 4.4 soon. So, wait until it happens
16th July 2014, 11:55 AM |#4  
zenxus31's Avatar
Senior Member
From the Prvince of Nueva Vizcaya,Philippines..
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
developers should see this
17th July 2014, 01:13 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Red face
finaaaaaaallly yeah hope status be yes next update
20th July 2014, 10:46 AM |#6  
mabaso's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by someshch

Leaked Source: Bootloader of Xperia C will be unlocked finally little more wait! Full details : http://www.informationlord.com/bootl...d-source-sony/

After unlocking our bootloader,can we install a fully working kit kat rom?...if they exist

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

I also came across a file called projectconfig.mk in /system/data/misc and saw the line "MTK_FORCE_89T_CPU" and other values with NFC...once developers start with custom kernels after unlocking the bootloader,does this mean we can overclock our XC to 1.7ghz and somehow add nfc support (sorry for my noobiness,I'm a noob...noobing around!)
20th July 2014, 06:07 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabaso

After unlocking our bootloader,can we install a fully working kit kat rom?...if they exist

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

I also came across a file called projectconfig.mk in /system/data/misc and saw the line "MTK_FORCE_89T_CPU" and other values with NFC...once developers start with custom kernels after unlocking the bootloader,does this mean we can overclock our XC to 1.7ghz and somehow add nfc support (sorry for my noobiness,I'm a noob...noobing around!)

no you cant install nfc support couse is a hardware and not software problem. overclock will be possible untill we install a modded worked kernel
24th July 2014, 08:17 PM |#8  
superdragonpt's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
Thanks Meter: 19,054
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabaso

After unlocking our bootloader,can we install a fully working kit kat rom?...if they exist

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

I also came across a file called projectconfig.mk in /system/data/misc and saw the line "MTK_FORCE_89T_CPU" and other values with NFC...once developers start with custom kernels after unlocking the bootloader,does this mean we can overclock our XC to 1.7ghz and somehow add nfc support (sorry for my noobiness,I'm a noob...noobing around!)

This is great news.

Re-test all the kernel builds i've compiled, and check if they boot

The projectconfig.mk is an config file used for kernel compilation...
Its present on my kernel source..

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to superdragonpt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th July 2014, 03:12 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Question
Any person check it? And How result?
26th July 2014, 02:26 PM |#10  
mabaso's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdragonpt

This is great news.

Re-test all the kernel builds i've compiled, and check if they boot

The projectconfig.mk is an config file used for kernel compilation...
Its present on my kernel source..

Regards

So does this mean we can also add more features on xc such as the original wake gestures from lg g2( knock)
10th August 2014, 05:36 PM |#11  
iSiddharth's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 743
 
Donate to Me
More
Does unlocking the Bootloader void Warranty or Guarantee ?
Please tell me, then I would Unlock it .....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes