FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] Xperia C bricked while flashing recovery through mobile uncle

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By QA Bot, Guest on 14th April 2015, 03:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Q&A for Xperia C bricked while flashing recovery through mobile uncle

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for Xperia C bricked while flashing recovery through mobile uncle. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!
 
 
14th April 2015, 03:35 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
HELP! Xperia C Stuck on Sony Logo
Hello guys, can you help me fix my Sony Xperia C 2305 stuck in Sony Logo.
I'd already tried the Sony Companion but in the middle of installation it stopped.
What should i do?? Please! Thank you!
15th April 2015, 10:30 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Sony Xperia C Unbrick
Hi... I came across this problem recently while installing CWM using MobileUncle Tools without changing the Boot-version. If your Boot-version is not supported, then you need to first convert it to the suitable Boot-version. There is a seperate Xperia C XDA thread on install CWM on both the Boot-versions. Now in your case, you have flashed a wrong recovery which has bricked your device.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to un-brick your Xperia C. This worked for me. Hope it works for you too...
1. Firstly, remove the back-cover of your Xperia C and remove any sim or memory card, if connected.
2. Now, search for a small hole with "RESET" written below it.
3. Use a pen to press it. Hold it there for a minute. Then leave it and put the back cover back.
4. Charge your device for about 10 minutes.
5. If you do not follow the above steps, you won't be able to repair your device through PC Companion.(The update stops showing "Download error or error 1200). This is because your device still has MobileUncle Tools and unsupported Recovery image installed in it which does not allow the stock Recovery to be installed. When you reset by following the above method, only the stock apps are left in the device, deleting every other app.
6. Now download and install the latest Sony PC Companion from the official site, to your PC.
7. Open the PCC and click start in support zone. Let PCC download and install the required files.
8. In the next menu, select the software update option. Instead of clicking on install, select "Repair" device which is highlighted in blue.
9. Follow the steps until PCC starts to prepare your PC for software update.
10. In the device selection menu, select Sony Xperia C C2305 and click next.
11. When the next menu appears, disconnect any USB or multimedia drives attached to the PC. Now, first connect your original Sony USB cabel to the PC. Then, turn off your device(If the device is not turning off i.e. switching on after connecting the USB cable, read the instructions given at the end). Wait for five second. Press and hold volume down button of your device and connect the USB cable to your device. A green led appears on your device if the device is connected properly.
Note: If a continous red led appears instead of green, do not worry. Keep the device connected to PC intact for about 5 to 10 minutes. It will turn green. This is because, bricked devices take some time to be recognised.
12. Now the update process starts. If all the above steps are performed correctly, then surely the Device Software Update process completes without any errors or stopping in between.
13. Then click finish in the last menu after Device Software Update Completes.
14.Disconnect Xperia C from PC and press the Power button.
15. Xperia C boots up. Do not worry if your screen isn't the way it should be(e.g. whitish at the edges and the Sony Wave logo lagging). As this is the first boot-up after software update it takes sometime to recover to it's earlier charm. After about a minute or two, your device will be perfectly all right.
Note: The first boot-up takes some time(about 5 to 7 minutes).
16. So, this is it. You will have your Sony Xperia C perfectly working if you follow the above steps cautiously.

Hint for step no. 11: Follow this only if your device turns on after connecting the USB cable:
1. First, let the USB cable be connected the PC.
2. Force switch off your device by pressing Power + volume up buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds when it is stuck at Sony logo.
3. When the device turns off, immediately leave the two buttons and press and hold volume down button and connect the USB cable to the device, before the device turns on.
4. Now your device would be properly connected and the green led appears.

Hope this helps you. If you have any other queries regarding the same, please do inform.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amith Magajikondi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Amith Magajikondi Ad-Free
22nd April 2015, 10:25 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Unhappy my Xperia C is switchoff while flashing recovery from mobile uncle tools
I have downloaded the file 6mb recovery.img file and through mobile uncle tools i was updating... all was going well it ask me r u sure to flash i pressed ok and my phone became dead ...Now it is not starting....!!!!Plzzz Help me ....!!!
25th April 2015, 10:40 AM |#5  
n78 shadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Damascus
Thanks Meter: 730
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by verondelarosa

Hello guys, can you help me fix my Sony Xperia C 2305 stuck in Sony Logo.
I'd already tried the Sony Companion but in the middle of installation it stopped.
What should i do?? Please! Thank you!

It's so easy to fix it.:thumbup:
You've entered in something called "bootloop".
Now how we can fix an xperia device from bootloop.
What do we need:
1,A computer with flashtool installed on.
2,A good USB cable (because we don't want the dvice to disconnect in the middle of the flashing process ).
3,download c2305 stock firmware .ftf (stock rom.ftf).(from the link below)
Now follow these steps and they will bring your phone to the safe:
1,turn off your device and keep it off and don't forget to charge it well before this process.
2,Replace the stock firmware.ftf to firmware folder in the flashtool folder in the place you installed in (usually in c:\\flashtool\firmwares)
3,Now open flashtool and click the flash icon then select flashmode then OK.
4,Now select your firmware from the list and if you don't want to lose your data just uncheck the box of wipe data in the top right corner.
5,click on "flash" and wait because it's preparing.
6,Then after this it will show you a window request to press the back bottom (the volume down bottom)
And connect your device, do it and Keep pressing until the window disappear.
7,Now the tool is flashing your phone DON'T touch the cable until it's finished.
8,when it's finished wait for 10 sec and unplug your device.
9,Now wait for about one min if it doesn't turn on automatically turn on it will about 3min to boot wait and don't worry.


Congratulations your phone is well know.


Notes:
1.If the tool doesn't see the connected device, there's a folder named "drivers" open and open the. Exe
And install your device's driver.
2, because I'm new user they don't allow me to give a link so just give me your email and I'll send the link to you.
(the stock firmware.ftf link i mean)

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THANK :thumbup::thumbup:


Sent from my C2105 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n78 shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift n78 shadow Ad-Free
8th June 2015, 03:46 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
relly helped ,me guys thanks buddie
thanks bro, i m happy now my phone is working again
10th June 2015, 03:36 AM |#7  
n78 shadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Damascus
Thanks Meter: 730
 
More
I hope it was useful (if it was so hitthank)
Just I want from you I little thing : give the link that you have download th ftf. from
The Following User Says Thank You to n78 shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift n78 shadow Ad-Free
12th June 2015, 03:52 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n78 shadow

It's so easy to fix it.:thumbup:
You've entered in something called "bootloop".
Now how we can fix an xperia device from bootloop.
What do we need:
1,A computer with flashtool installed on.
2,A good USB cable (because we don't want the dvice to disconnect in the middle of the flashing process ).
3,download c2305 stock firmware .ftf (stock rom.ftf).(from the link below)
Now follow these steps and they will bring your phone to the safe:
1,turn off your device and keep it off and don't forget to charge it well before this process.
2,Replace the stock firmware.ftf to firmware folder in the flashtool folder in the place you installed in (usually in c:\\flashtool\firmwares)
3,Now open flashtool and click the flash icon then select flashmode then OK.
4,Now select your firmware from the list and if you don't want to lose your data just uncheck the box of wipe data in the top right corner.
5,click on "flash" and wait because it's preparing.
6,Then after this it will show you a window request to press the back bottom (the volume down bottom)
And connect your device, do it and Keep pressing until the window disappear.
7,Now the tool is flashing your phone DON'T touch the cable until it's finished.
8,when it's finished wait for 10 sec and unplug your device.
9,Now wait for about one min if it doesn't turn on automatically turn on it will about 3min to boot wait and don't worry.


Congratulations your phone is well know.


Notes:
1.If the tool doesn't see the connected device, there's a folder named "drivers" open and open the. Exe
And install your device's driver.
2, because I'm new user they don't allow me to give a link so just give me your email and I'll send the link to you.
(the stock firmware.ftf link i mean)

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THANK :thumbup::thumbup:


Sent from my C2105 using XDA Free mobile app

my flashtools shows drivers not found please help.
12th June 2015, 04:28 PM |#9  
n78 shadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Damascus
Thanks Meter: 730
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkumbhar

my flashtools shows drivers not found please help.

Hi bro

You must install the flashmode, fastboot driver and your device driver in flashtool\drivers\Flashtool_drivers.exe
DON'T forget to install your device driver AND to hit thanks



Sent from my C2105 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1434122604007.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	3359638   Click image for larger version

Name:	1434122780054.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	3359642  
The Following User Says Thank You to n78 shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift n78 shadow Ad-Free
15th June 2015, 07:55 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n78 shadow

Hi bro

You must install the flashmode, fastboot driver and your device driver in flashtool\drivers\Flashtool_drivers.exe
DON'T forget to install your device driver AND to hit thanks



Sent from my C2105 using XDA Free mobile app

i installed all the drivers but still sony xperia c not getting detected
15th June 2015, 05:04 PM |#11  
n78 shadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Damascus
Thanks Meter: 730
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkumbhar

i installed all the drivers but still sony xperia c not getting detected



It's not detected when Flashtool requests to connect the phone or not at all

If it's not detected when Flashtool requests to connect the phone try to connect it before the flashing proccess.
And don't forget to connect it in flashmode by holding the vol- key and connect it to Pc
The Following User Says Thank You to n78 shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift n78 shadow Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes