Best 64 GB microsd

Search This thread

crótach

Sep 20, 2012
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
I use Transcend 300x UHS-I and it works great. I've had it on my Z2 as well, never any problems and it's cheaper than Samsung/Sandisk.

Now they have a 600x model as well.

Airborntx

May 28, 2015
hi lads !!

im about to buy a sandisk ultra, what do u think compared with Adata premiere or a lexar ?
im going to use it for the camera and games .
thnks !!

Lasantha

Jun 27, 2011
hi lads !!

im about to buy a sandisk ultra, what do u think compared with Adata premiere or a lexar ?
im going to use it for the camera and games .
thnks !!

My experience was bad ,slow and it went to read only mode. Upside SanDisk warrenty. I told them can't return defective cz of data. They asked me to destroy it and send pics. They mailed me a new one :thumbup:

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Airborntx

May 28, 2015
My experience was bad ,slow and it went to read only mode. Upside SanDisk warrenty. I told them can't return defective cz of data. They asked me to destroy it and send pics. They mailed me a new one :thumbup:

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

:C !! sorry about that lad, and what about the new ones they sent ??

Dr Goodvibes

Dec 8, 2011
SanDisk 64GB Extreme Pro

Model: Xperia Z1 Compact
Version: 4.4.4
Card: SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB
Format: exFAT
Read/Write: Approx 40MB
Price: ~55USD
Supplier: DX Extreme

I have done a few tests with A1 SD Bench and it's reporting ~40/42MBytes sequential read/write.

attachment.php

There may be a ceiling of ~40MB read/write to the SDIO interface on an Xperia Z1 Compact.

Either way 40MB read/write to a MicroSD Card is better than a slap in the face with a maggoty cat.

Last edited:

dvandyck

Jun 19, 2014
Ok So it seems that 40 MB/s read/write is the best we can get on the Z1 compact.

I have been skipping through the Z3 compact thread containing lots of benchmark results for different micro sd cards and many of them do not reach 40MB/s write while their specs say they can get upto 45 MB/s (and some even higher). So it appears you have to go to a 60 MB/s write spec to reach the 40 MB/s, at least on the Z3 compact.

Does anybody know if the microsd slot of the Z3 compact is identical to the Z1 compact? I.e., will cards reaching 40 MB/s on the Z3 compact also reach it on the Z1 compact?

Very hard to pick a not too expensive card reaching 40 MB/s read/write if you cannot trust they reach the speeds on their specs...
Also, I saw benchmarks testing random read/write where 300x cards beat 600x cards (eg Transcend Premium vs Ultimate):
http://www.custompcreview.com/reviews/best-microsd-memory-card-review-roundup-2015-update/22978/2/
How important is that?

Last edited:

krutoistudent

Jan 14, 2012
you always can test the µ-sd-card yourself, as did I, when i bough it.
i can't remember exact numbers but something like 7x mb/s reading and 30 mb/s writing (tested with an usb3 card reader), obviously the phone will be slower, but then again you don't really need more speed (60fps@1080p videos needs <20mb/s writing speed on the µ-sd-card)

dvandyck

Jun 19, 2014
you always can test the µ-sd-card yourself, as did I, when i bough it.
i can't remember exact numbers but something like 7x mb/s reading and 30 mb/s writing (tested with an usb3 card reader), obviously the phone will be slower, but then again you don't really need more speed (60fps@1080p videos needs <20mb/s writing speed on the µ-sd-card)

OK, I ended up buying the Transcend Premium 300x UHS-I Class 10 64Gb card. Test results of A1 SD Bench Accurate Test:
Read: 40.52 MB/s
Write: 24.67 MB/s
Better than I expected from a 23 EUR card.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm using Samsung 64Gb sdxd Read 30mb/s Write 20mb/s -

As for the fastest there is Toshiba 64gb USH-2 Micro SD Read 260mb/s 120mb/s Write speed.

Supposedly SanDisk Extreme 64Gb is fastest sdxd Read 80mb/s and Write 50mb/s
    I bought this Sony microSDXC and am very happy with its speed.
    I bought this Sony microSDXC and am very happy with its speed.

I have this one, just 32GB version.

its good fast card but its not as fast as the internal memory. example i can shoot 1080p 60fps video with no prob, but it cant take the fast burst mode on the camera, it slows down
    I also got the Samsung Evo 64. At first everything seemed fine but soon after I found I now have problems with the Z1C's camera when the Evo 64 is inserted into the phone. At first it starts lagging and then it crashes and can only then be fixed by a reboot.

Is anybody else experiencing problems with Z1C + Samsung Evo 64?

I'm quite sure the problem is specific to the Evo 64 card since I tested several other micro sd cards I had flying around (2gb noname, 8gb transcend,..) which all worked just fine and didn't crash the camera..

So maybe a non-UHS card is the better choice for the Z1C?
    Im not sure Z1c supports UHS speeds?
    Actually it does, I am currently using this Sandisk Extreme Pro 32Gb micro SD.

It is very expensive but believe me results are very much pleasing...album thumbnails take no time to load at all and movies thumbnails alike. Therefore I can confirm a 32 GB UHS-1 SD Card can indeed be used by the Z1C, I just have no idea about the 64 GB Uhs cards