Kernel with exfat support and mtkcamera for Dirty Unicorns 6.0.1

Search This thread

maz-1

Sep 6, 2015
Shangrao
Dirty Unicorns 6.0.1 is probably the best marshmallow rom for amami so far :D, although it has some problems: camera app cannot take pictures at 20.7mp, and exfat-formated sdcard is not supported. :(
So I made a kernel to fix these problems. You can flash with twrp or flashfire.
Kernel_Amami_AOSP_6_20160709.zip contains aosp kernel built with exfat-nofuse and some other features, as well as other executables or libraries needed to identify and mount exfat(vold , blkid etc.) This may work with other aosp 6.0.1 based roms, but I never tried by myself.
2016.06.18 : I ported some features from other kernels like M5 kernel. Features included:
1. Various cpufreq governors, hotplug drivers and i/o schedulers
2. KCAL color control by @savoca
3. Faux Sound Control V3
4. CPU/GPU OC & UV
5. Vibrator intensity control
6. Ultra-ksm
7. Kexec-hardboot
8. Dynamic Fsync 1.2
9. Mac80211 injection patch and HID patch for keyboard support
10. Sysfs interface to Enable / Disable CRC on the data blocks
11. Exfat and Paragon NTFS(UFSD)
12. Zram
13. Merge upstream patches up to 3.10.102

MtkCamera.zip contains camera app from Mediatek devices with lollipop. It can take 20.7mp photos(3936 x 5248) and has some useful features like visual effects and qrcode scanner.

Modified kernel source : https://github.com/KuronekoDungeon/android_kernel_sony_msm
Download : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-DoK6BdpB2fZEZ5eG5NcnhYNFU&usp=sharing

Last edited:

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
If you're interested, Myself5 is willing to release M5 for Amami, but needs a maintainer, since he doesn't have a Z1c anymore. Maybe you can work with him on M5 for AOSP...

levone1

Dec 28, 2014

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-30-11-43-07.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-30-11-43-07.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 715

maz-1

Sep 6, 2015
Shangrao
I've already ported a bunch of features to aosp kernel, just check out the commit history.
What left to be done : GPU governors, A few hotplug drivers/cpufreq governors not ported(hotplug : alucard , mako , intelliplug , cpufreq : HYPER, OndemandPlus, Nightmare , ElementalX, maybe more) , some of these features need to be modifeid or abandoned.

Reactions: GNUDroid

John.D..

Dec 3, 2012
I've already ported a bunch of features to aosp kernel, just check out the commit history.
What left to be done : GPU governors, A few hotplug drivers/cpufreq governors not ported(hotplug : alucard , mako , intelliplug , cpufreq : HYPER, OndemandPlus, Nightmare , ElementalX, maybe more) , some of these features need to be modifeid or abandoned.

Hi, I install this, work well, but camera still laggy :D. What do you think, how else you can improve the image processing? The picture was much too sharp ... but it's better than before.
And...you can also add in your kernel any functions like as KryptonianKernel or AdvancedKernel

maz-1

Sep 6, 2015
Shangrao
Hi, I install this, work well, but camera still laggy :D. What do you think, how else you can improve the image processing? The picture was much too sharp ... but it's better than before.
And...you can also add in your kernel any functions like as KryptonianKernel or AdvancedKernel
Laggy camera is a driver issue, just wait until sony updates software binaries for amami.

John.D..

Dec 3, 2012
Hmm, why you delete MTKCamera? You have another app for taking photo in 21mp?)

CLINTZ9

Nov 8, 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
check your whatsapp inbox

GNUDroid

May 15, 2012
need help - CPU GOVs and frequencies

Hi,
first of all thanks for the kernel! I'm just migrated from RR Lollipop to MM DU ROM (today to the build of 17. June). I have strange issues with the kernel.
I can not change the CPU govs. More critical: The minimum CPU frequency is shown to be 1.8 GHz. Whatever I try, I cannot get the values gov/freq to stick. :rolleyes:
Always when I reopen an tuning app, the settings are reverted.
Root seems to work fine. Also tried to disable SE-linux via terminal ("setenforce 0"). The same.

(Combinations I tried: kernel audiutor, performance control, system tuner... also on DU (3. june) + kernel (5. june)

Can somebody help me out?
Who can permanently adjust the CPU settings on DU with/without this kernel?

Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dirty Unicorns 6.0.1 is probably the best marshmallow rom for amami so far :D, although it has some problems: camera app cannot take pictures at 20.7mp, and exfat-formated sdcard is not supported. :(
    So I made a kernel to fix these problems. You can flash with twrp or flashfire.
    Kernel_Amami_AOSP_6_20160709.zip contains aosp kernel built with exfat-nofuse and some other features, as well as other executables or libraries needed to identify and mount exfat(vold , blkid etc.) This may work with other aosp 6.0.1 based roms, but I never tried by myself.
    2016.06.18 : I ported some features from other kernels like M5 kernel. Features included:
    1. Various cpufreq governors, hotplug drivers and i/o schedulers
    2. KCAL color control by @savoca
    3. Faux Sound Control V3
    4. CPU/GPU OC & UV
    5. Vibrator intensity control
    6. Ultra-ksm
    7. Kexec-hardboot
    8. Dynamic Fsync 1.2
    9. Mac80211 injection patch and HID patch for keyboard support
    10. Sysfs interface to Enable / Disable CRC on the data blocks
    11. Exfat and Paragon NTFS(UFSD)
    12. Zram
    13. Merge upstream patches up to 3.10.102

MtkCamera.zip contains camera app from Mediatek devices with lollipop. It can take 20.7mp photos(3936 x 5248) and has some useful features like visual effects and qrcode scanner.

Modified kernel source : https://github.com/KuronekoDungeon/android_kernel_sony_msm
    Download : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-DoK6BdpB2fZEZ5eG5NcnhYNFU&usp=sharing
    Well, I mean I will build, test and submit fixes if possible. :) But I'm afraid I don't have the time and knowledge to take over all the maintenance. Any other volunteers?
    maybe we can jointly maintain ?
    Hope you had a nice holiday, saw that you updated your kernel. I tried on aicp. It won't boot. I have the feeling, the meanwhile some of the du users switched to aicp. Do you think you could provide a custom kernel compatible to both roms?

aicp and du uses the same kernel, but ramdisks are different. I will try to include both ramdisks to make it compatible with both aosp and cm based roms.
    He did say that testers won't really help. Without a device of his own, he'll need a maintainer.

Well, I mean I will build, test and submit fixes if possible. :) But I'm afraid I don't have the time and knowledge to take over all the maintenance. Any other volunteers?
    Thanks man! i was able to compile with aosp sources from shamu (Nexus 6) wich is almost equal to my device, including your commit. But the binary still not working (i just move this file only). The compilation also generates a lib dir and a /usr/share dir....should i include those too? Thanks again

Ps. In fact i was able to fully port twrp from shamu to my device unnoficially with success (changing only the fstab and kernel, not the binaries)

I think android tv and android phone are quite different devices.
    I dont know your device's specifications so cant help more. Maybe you can dig into system log to see what's wrong.
    Anyway, I can confirm that this patch works on aosp 6.0 for z1c and lollipop for rk3288 TVBox