EOL [ROM][Unofficial][9.0][signed][OTA] Lineage OS 16.0 for Xperia Z1 compact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

CyanoFriend

May 15, 2016
Streaming

Hello,

in LOS Oreo WiFi-Direct with a Sony Bravia TV from 2018 is functional.
In LOS Pie the TV is detected, but the connection hangs at "registering".
Same behavior on a Moto G5.
Any ideas?

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Hello,

in LOS Oreo WiFi-Direct with a Sony Bravia TV from 2018 is functional.
In LOS Pie the TV is detected, but the connection hangs at "registering".
Same behavior on a Moto G5.
Any ideas?

Maybe it's not working :rolleyes:

What do you think I can do without any logs and version information? Use my visionary crystal ball? ;)
So please provide logs if you're interested in solving the problem. Or use Oreo if it works for you.

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
Yes. But wipe /system and the cache partitions ;)
I did.
First test results after letting the phone "sleep" for 30 minutes:
  • alarm went off on time
  • snooze action still not working as expected (see my first post on that)
I'll give it another try letting it sleep for an hour or so. Then I'll try to get some log.
Just to be sure: I've setup my phone through developer options to allow getting system logs through the ON/OFF menu.
Is it sufficient to get logs that way after snooze action failed next time? I don't have a chance to connect to adb using my work pc...

Update:
at least after an additional hour alarm now appears to go off at the desired time.
Snooze however still dows not work. Testing this and creating a log is pretty tricky, though.
I observed something else in this context:
- let the phone sleep for a while waiting for the alarm
- alarm rings and display lights showing the alarm screen >> I snooze it through hw key but don't do anything else, i.e.: display stays locked and the phone goes back to sleep after a few seconds
- after 5 minutes alarm rings again, this time display stays dark and clicking hw keys don't do anything. Clicking POWER ON just lights the display very shortly then goes dark again etc.
The same happens if I don't wait for the second alarm but click POWER ON a few minutes after I snoozed the first alarm: again display goes on for a fraction of a second then goes dark again.
I tried to capture this using catlog app. The result is pretty small so I don't know if the log really contains enough data.
Anyways I think this behaviour has something to do with the fact that the device is locked while something happens, and I don't unlock it but let it go to sleep again. Then next time something happens it does not wake up properly, and I need at least 2 attempts using POWER ON to have it properly react to button actions

Attachments

• 2019-03-12-16-34-00.txt
    103.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: lingowistico

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
I did.
First test results after letting the phone "sleep" for 30 minutes:
  • alarm went off on time
  • snooze action still not working as expected (see my first post on that)
I'll give it another try letting it sleep for an hour or so. Then I'll try to get some log.
Just to be sure: I've setup my phone through developer options to allow getting system logs through the ON/OFF menu.
Is it sufficient to get logs that way after snooze action failed next time? I don't have a chance to connect to adb using my work pc...

Update:
at least after an additional hour alarm now appears to go off at the desired time.
Snooze however still dows not work. Testing this and creating a log is pretty tricky, though.
I observed something else in this context:
- let the phone sleep for a while waiting for the alarm
- alarm rings and display lights showing the alarm screen >> I snooze it through hw key but don't do anything else, i.e.: display stays locked and the phone goes back to sleep after a few seconds
- after 5 minutes alarm rings again, this time display stays dark and clicking hw keys don't do anything. Clicking POWER ON just lights the display very shortly then goes dark again etc.
The same happens if I don't wait for the second alarm but click POWER ON a few minutes after I snoozed the first alarm: again display goes on for a fraction of a second then goes dark again.
I tried to capture this using catlog app. The result is pretty small so I don't know if the log really contains enough data.
Anyways I think this behaviour has something to do with the fact that the device is locked while something happens, and I don't unlock it but let it go to sleep again. Then next time something happens it does not wake up properly, and I need at least 2 attempts using POWER ON to have it properly react to button actions

I'm not able to reproduce your problem - snoozing works fine for me.
What else is installed? Magisk, exposed, other modifications?
May you try a clean installation and see if the problem persists?

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
I'm not able to reproduce your problem - snoozing works fine for me.
Did you try "multiple snooze"? Usually it works well the first time but on subsequent alarms.
What else is installed? Magisk, exposed, other modifications?
Magisk yes, XPosed no.
I'm back at 15.1 now; here I have a Magisk module "Sysconfig Patcher" installed which takes care of battery savings. I'm not sure whether I also installed it on the 16.0 version.
Apart from that I don't run any modifications, no custom kernel or anything.
I sure can, but it could take a few days.

Last edited:

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6

I simply had to try this right away, but it's almost the same behaviour, I'm afraid. :(
Here's what I did:
- wiped all caches + system + data
- installed the ROM version you posted yesterday (build 20190311)
- also flashed openGapps pico (build 20190309)
- did NOT flash Magisk
- booted into system, ran basic setup but did NOT install any apps
- enabled developer mode, activated extended restart menu + terminal emulation + log addition to extended menu
- made alarm adjustments as described earlier (snooze time = 5 minutes + max snooze time = 25 minutes + set snooze through vol keys)
- camera and vol keys are NOT set to wake the phone
- enabled screen unlock through pattern, screen locks after 1 minute of inactivity
- set alarm to ring after 30 minutes then let the phone go to sleep

Result:
- when the alarm rang the first time display lit up. Pressing camera button started snooze for 5 minutes. I did NOT unlock the phone
- after 5 minutes alarm rang again, but now screen stayed OFF. Clicked camera button then Vol up, then Vol down, but alarm kept ringing. Clicked POWER ON: now this is different from before, as now screen lights up immediately, and after that I can use any of the hw keys to enter a new snooze period.
I repeated this test for 5 snooze periods with exactly the same behaviour.

Unfortunately at the moment I can't hook up the phone to a pc to get a log through adb. And I did not want to install an extra app like CatLog (meanwhile I'm back on 15.1.
Do you think you need another log? In that case I could try to grab it through developer options, if that makes sense. Just let me know

Update: just ran one more test by also enabling the other options to start snooze (shake and turn over).
Result:
screen still stays dark from 2nd snooze period onwards, and I still can't use hw keys, but shaking the phone or turning it over starts a new snooze period. So at least there's a workaround.
Still this is quite strange.
finally: sorry for repeating this in such detail but I'm still hoping that I'm not the only one experiencing this...

Last edited:

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
I have had these alarm issues, too. You're not alone ;)

You have had? Means they are gone? Issues with alarm ringing too late really should be gone with the latest build.
Or do you mean the snoozing issue I sadly also experienced?

@lm089 As far as I can tell I the problem only comes up after using the camera button to snooze. VOL + and - are working flawlessly.
It may be a problem on lineage side (need to verify this with another 16.0 device maybe) or a simple overlay thing.

Edit: Is it working with 15.1 for you?

Last edited:

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
@lm089 As far as I can tell I the problem only comes up after using the camera button to snooze. VOL + and - are working flawlessly.
It may be a problem on lineage side (need to verify this with another 16.0 device maybe) or a simple overlay thing.

Ok, that's an idea. Can you confirm with using the camera button then?
And: no problem at all with 15.1, nor with munjeni's 14.1 before that. That's I made it a habit to use that button (you know, it's nearly impossible to think about alternatives when the alarm goes of at 6 :cool:)

simon-n

Feb 10, 2019
You have had? Means they are gone? Issues with alarm ringing too late really should be gone with the latest build.
Or do you mean the snoozing issue I sadly also experienced?

I meant the overall alarm delay. Switched back to 15.1 as this issue together with decreased battery life wasn't a good match for my daily-use phone.
I'm still eager for 16, so I'll test your latest releases once there is some spare time.
Thank you very much for all your effort and please keep up the good work!

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
Terribly sorry if this question has been previously raised, but why are almost all my calls showing up as unknown in the call log? Irrespectable of whether the calls are out- or ingoing.

Brozada

Sep 10, 2013
Terribly sorry if this question has been previously raised, but why are almost all my calls showing up as unknown in the call log? Irrespectable of whether the calls are out- or ingoing.
Have you tried with caller ID setting in phone app, settings of your phone provider, or even trying the Google phone app just in case your settings where somehow messed?

Reactions: lingowistico

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Ok, that's an idea. Can you confirm with using the camera button then?
And: no problem at all with 15.1, nor with munjeni's 14.1 before that. That's I made it a habit to use that button (you know, it's nearly impossible to think about alternatives when the alarm goes of at 6 :cool:)

Yes. I can confirm it. I just tested with AICP 14 and it was working there. So it seems to be a lineage related thing.

That's strange. Are you able to see your contacts? I had quite a few times where I had to import .vcf twice. At first all contacts showed up - but then they were gone. A second import solved the problem. But it seems not to be related to Pie only - also on Oreo I experienced this behavior.

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
Have you tried with caller ID setting in phone app, settings of your phone provider, or even trying the Google phone app just in case your settings where somehow messed?
Yes, I've had them all on as well as off. Same thing. I'd rather not use Google's phone app. My provider settings can't be messed up cause the same sim-card works fine and shows all the non-secret numbers normally if I put in a different phone.
Or can they?

It even works on this phone but with a stock rom.

That's strange. Are you able to see your contacts? I had quite a few times where I had to import .vcf twice. At first all contacts showed up - but then they were gone. A second import solved the problem. But it seems not to be related to Pie only - also on Oreo I experienced this behavior.
Yes, I am able to see my contacts. My contacts are synced to my gmail account. You're correct this started with Oreo..

EDIT:
Tested Google Phone. The number I've dialed shows up in history as long as I hang up before there's an actual connection.
Once an audio call connection is established (ie. once I hear the other person) the call will always show up as unknown.
Wtf :confused:

Last edited:

karamancho

May 14, 2014
I want to use my old phone (amami) as a mp3/video player, with only LOS and no gapps.
Would this rom (being the latest LOS ver.) be suitable for that, or does anyone have something else to recommend?

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
I want to use my old phone (amami) as a mp3/video player, with only LOS and no gapps.
Would this rom (being the latest LOS ver.) be suitable for that, or does anyone have something else to recommend?

Yes, totally. But nevertheless I would recommend our LOS 15.1
It has got a better battery life what may be useful for your use case. In addition LOS 16 isn't really mature in my opinion (although I'm using it as daily driver).
Just test it on your own.
If you've got concerns about security: LOS 15.1 is also updated every month with the newest ASB's - only thing you won't see there are new features.

Edit:
Is aptx important for you? Currently it is not included in our LOS 15.1/16 but I thought about integrating it. Only problem: I don't have got devices to test.

Last edited:
Reactions: karamancho
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is discontinued - please visit the LineageOS 17.1 sucessor thread
    This thread aims at providing LineageOS 16.0 builds for the Sony Xperia Z1 compact with current security patches.
    You can consider this thread as a successor of our LineageOS 15.1 thread, where you may also find some useful information.
    This is the joint effort of 115ek and MSe1969 (contributions welcome).

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
    */

We offer two build variants:
    A. Standard LineageOS 16.0 build
    This build flavor aims at providing LineageOS 16.0 "as is" with most recent security patches.

If you want to install Google Apps (GApps) you have to use this build variant.
    GApps are optional, of course. The smaller the GApps package, the better (pico). If you want "Okay google" support you need at least nano.
    Just check the package comparison to see what fits your needs.

B. Pre-installed microG build variant with additional security patches
    For the security/privacy focused (more details about below feature list, see here)

• Pre-installed microG and F-Droid same as the LineageOS for microG project
    • Pre-installed AuroraStore
    • eSpeak TTS engine (FOSS TTS solution)
    • Additional security hardening features listed below
    • Access to /proc/net blocked for user apps
    • Bundled netmonitor app to allow network monitoring
    • Enhanced Privacy Guard: Switches for motion sensors and other sensors
    • Cloudflare as default DNS (instead of Google)
    • Privacy-preferred default settings
    • Optional blocking of Facebook- and Google-Tracking
    • Optional disable captive portal detection
    • Increased max. password length of 64
    • No submission of IMSI/phone number to Google/Sony when GPS is in use
    • Default hosts file with many blocked ad/tracking sites
    • Privacy-enhanced Bromite SystemWebView
    • Additional restriction options for secondary users
    • Constified JNI method tables

Status
    List template by AdrianDC
    Code:
    - Boot : Ok
    - Partitions (Data, Cache) : Ext4 and F2FS supported
    - Bluetooth : Ok
    - WiFi : Ok
    - WiFi Hotspot : only 2.4 GHz
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - Lights : Ok
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - Touchscreen : Ok
    - FM Radio : Ok (mono)
    - ANT+ : Ok
    - Vibrator : Ok
    - Microphone : Ok
    - Audio & music : Ok
    - Bluetooth audio : Ok
    - MHL: broken
    - NFC : Ok
    - Kernel : Ok
    - Graphics : Ok
    - 3D Rendering : Ok
    - Clock : Ok
    - Offline Charging : Ok
    - USB : Ok
    - USB OTG : Ok
    - Encryption : Ok
    - SEPolicies : Enforcing
    Limitations
    Following limitations are known:
    • NFC-HCE does not work (needed for example for google pay)
    • FM does not work in stereo mode (mono works fine, though)
    • Problems with some 5 GHz Wifi channels (can be avoided by not using autochanneling) fixed with 20190408 build
    • MHL does not work
    • 5 GHz hotspot does not work (2.4 GHz hotspot works fine)
    • ANT+ does not work fixed (see FAQ)
    • installing Magisk 19.1 prohibits entering recovery fixed with 20190521 build
    • GPS gets wrong time due to GPS week rollover since 3rd November 2019 (of importance when you record GPS tracks for example).
      This also happens on stock and several other legacy devices.
      fixed with 20190611 build
    Download
    FAQ
    What recovery system to use?
    Please use this TWRP if you want to use OTA updates and/or encryption.

What about root access?
    Root isn't included per default (except root over adb, but it's off by default).
    If you want to gain root access to your apps use one of these (depending on your taste/needs):
    ANT+ isn't working?
    You need the 2 apps:
    afterwards setting proper permissions is essential!
    1. Go to Apps & Notifications -> See All Apps
    2. Select 'ANT Radio Service'
    3. Select Permissions
    4. Select Additional permissions
    5. Slide switch to allow using of ANT hardware
    This refers to those instructions which worked for me :)
    I've got problems AND have magisk/exposed installed
    I won't support anything related to magisk/exposed/other heavily system modifying things.
    If you're encountering problems please make sure you're using a clean installation (at most gapps) to verify/reproduce the issue.

Bugreports
    You'll find information about logging here.
    Please also note how you got the error or how it can be reproduced.
    Sources
    Credits
    • SpiritCroc: big thanks to him for maintaining the device trees and a lot of very useful hints
    • rcstar6696
    • SuperLamic
    • drakonizer
    • AdrianDC
    • munjeni: thanks for tips and tricks
    • nailyk: thanks for tips and tricks
    • All the other contributors on Sony msm8974 platform
    • LineageOS team

Installation instructions

Changelog
    • ASB Security string 2020-12-01 (this month, no kernel updates found)
    • Webview updates for both builds (microG build on M87)
    • microG build only: F-Droid updated to 1.10-alpha1-114
    • microG build only: microG updated from upstream to 0.2.14.204215-15 (picked until 720b089)
    Expand for older changelogs:

• ASB Security string 2020-11-05
    • Fix for CVE-2020-15999
    • AOSP E-Mail widget fixed
    • Webviews upodated to/within M86
    • microG build only: microG - fixes in EN API and GCM
    • microG build only: Replaced weak F-Droid signatures with ROM's V2 signatures
    • ASB Security string 2020-10-05
    • microG build only: Bromite Webview on M86
    • microG build only: microG 0.2.12.203315 - including "Exposure notification API" for use of Covid tracing apps
    • microG build only: Additional hardening: constified JNI method tables
    • ASB Security string 2020-09-05
    • Webviews on M85
    • microG build only: Added eSpeak TTS engine (microG build variant)
    • ASB Security string 2020-08-05
    • Webviews on M84
    • microG build only: Location of firewall UI now in Network => data usage (Settings menu)
    • ASB Security string 2020-07-05
    • microG build only: updated prebuilt microG GmsCore fom /e/ project (fixed FCM registration issues)
    • microG build only: F-Droid updated to 1.8 / F-Droid privileged extension updated to 0.2.11
    • microG build only: Aurorastore updated to 3.2.9 / AuroraServices updated to 1.0.6
    • Security string 2020-06-05
    • GPS improvements / modernisation
    • Enable MIDI support
    • microG build only: Bromite Webview on M83
    • microG build only: Netmonitor exception in SEPolicy f. "Tracker Control" app
    • Security string 2020-05-05
    • Standard build only:System Webview on M81
    • microG build only: AuroraStore updated to 3.2.8
    • Security string 2020-04-05
    • Fix for CVE-2020-8597 (external/ppp)
    • Kernel: CVE-2019-10638 siphash 128bit for IP generation
    • microG build only: AuroraStore updated to 3.2.4
    • microG build only: Bromite Webview on M81
    • Security string 2020-03-05
    • System Webviews on M80
    • 2nd build variant 'hardened microG build' (known from 15.1 thread) available
    • microG build only: AuroraStore updated to 3.2.0
    • fixed DRM (we now have widevine Level 3, Netflix for example runs fine)
    • fixed TWRP time bug
    • added option to prevent USB gadgets working when screen locked (trust HAL)
    • enabled changelog (can be accessed under /settings/system/updater/changelog)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level February 05, 2020)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level January 05, 2020)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level December 05, 2019)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level October 05, 2019)
    • bring back wifi display
    • three finger screenshot gesture
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level September 05, 2019)
    • fixed manual mobile network selection (once again)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level August 01, 2019)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level July 05, 2019)
    • fixed AudioFX effects completely (thanks @NeoArian)
    • start signing builds (please check this if you want to update)
    • enable OTA updates (thanks @NeoArian)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level June 05, 2019)
    • fixed recovery issue introduced by Magisk versions starting with 19.1 (thanks @Myself5)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level May 05, 2019)
    • fixed manual mobile network selection (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • fixed problems with 5 GHz Wifi channels
    • added aptX/aptXHD
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level April 05, 2019)
    • fixed alarm delay (came with new lineage sources)
    • fixed some more offline / USB charging problems (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level March 05, 2019)
    • fixed occasional camera problems (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • various kernel patches (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level February 05, 2019)
    • fixed video playback for some applications (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • fixed offline charging (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • fixed FM radio (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • updated webview to version 71 (thanks @MSe1969)
    • synced LineageOS sources
    • initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 16.0 for Xperia Z1 compact - amami, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors
    115ek, MSe1969, SpiritCroc, drakonizer, rcstar6696, SuperLamic, AdrianDC, nailyk, LineageOS team
    Source Code: https://github.com/lin16-microg/local_manifests

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-10

Created 2019-01-04
    Last Updated 2020-12-13
    New builds with May 2020 ASB

Hi all,
    new builds are ready and are also offered through the updater app as OTA update:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...20200509-UNOFFICIAL-signed-amami.zip/download
    • ASB Security string 2020-05-05
    • System Webview on 81.0.4044.117

https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...8-UNOFFICIAL-microG-signed-amami.zip/download
    • ASB Security string 2020-05-05
    • Bromite Webview on 81.0.4044.127
    • AuroraStore updated to 3.2.8

Cheers, M.
    First OTA update

First OTA update is rolling out now. If you don't use OTA function go over here
    • fixed AudioFX effects completely (thanks @NeoArian)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level July 05, 2019)

Please share your experiences if updating worked flawlessly (or if not).

By the way: as I'm testing some TWRP decryption stuff my lineage is encrypted. And although there isn't a TWRP available for our device capable of decrypting /data (for oreo/pie) the OTA update worked fine!
    It seems the lineage updater stores the new update in a non-encrypted temporary partition. :eek:
    New build is now available:
    • fixed manual mobile network selection (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • fixed problems with 5 GHz Wifi channels
    • added aptX/aptXHD
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level April 05, 2019)

You'll find it here.
    New builds with April 2020 ASB

Hi all,
    new builds are ready and will soon be offered through the updater app as OTA update:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...20200410-UNOFFICIAL-signed-amami.zip/download
    • ASB Security string 2020-04-05
    • Kernel: CVE-2019-10638 siphash 128bit for IP generation *
    • System Webview on 80.0.3987.132

https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...0-UNOFFICIAL-microG-signed-amami.zip/download
    • ASB Security string 2020-04-05
    • Kernel: CVE-2019-10638 siphash 128bit for IP generation *
    • Bromite Webview on 81.0.4044.76
    • AuroraStore updated to 3.2.4

Cheers, M.