Root FW 14.4.A.0.157 (LB/UBL)

Search This thread

SlikToxic

May 31, 2013
Borås
This thread is a replacement for @Jamal_RS thread of Root 14.4.A.0.157 [ LB / UBL ] because there is no kernel file to download. So I uploaded kernel .108, kernel .157 and rootkit that I always use to root and it works.

Here the Download link
http://d-h.st/M9a

How?
1) Flash kernel .108 with Flashtool (Flashmode Mode)
2) Root with rootkitXperia_20140719 by double click on "instal.bat"
3) If root process has done, flash kernel .157 with Flashtool (Flashmode Mode)
4) Done

Another method:
1) If you're still on FW .108, root your phone but not deodex, and update OTA. If your rom already deodex, it will fail to verify.
2) If you're on FW .157, downgrade to .108 and follow step no.1

Done.

Please click THANKS Button if you like this
======================================================================

Credits :
@Waledac
@JAMAL

picture.php
[/IMG]

vanne88

Jun 6, 2012
Hi all
After flash kernel C690X_14.4.A.0.108_KernelOnly.ftf
My Z1 Compact (D5503) has a big problem. The LCD monitor is a black color (not active - but speaker, LED... still active))
I thinks this kernel is wrong with my Z1 Compact (D5503), It cannot detect the LCD panel.

Adri9102

Mar 27, 2010
Pionki
Hi all
My Z1 Compact (D5503) has a big problem. The LCD monitor is a black color (not active - but speaker, LED... still active))
I thinks this kernel is wrong with my Z1 Compact (D5503), It cannot detect the LCD panel.

To repair u must install firmware again :[
I have this problem too :(

Reactions: vanne88

SlikToxic

May 31, 2013
Borås
If it says C69XX it's for Z1 not for Z1 Compact. OP please change it to D55XX kernel.

Hi all

Hi dudes, please download and check files in the .zip. I have download my own .zip file here and check, here's the list:
1) D550X_14.4.A.0.108_KernelOnly.ftf
2) D550X_14.4.A.0.157_KernelOnly.ftf
3) rootkitXperia_20140719.zip

So I don't know which file that @vanne88 downloaded. It's not my fault or wrong upload.

Reactions: vanne88

baseer_IF

Mar 25, 2014
Swabi (KPK)
Does it work on lock bootloader

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

This thread is a replacement for @Jamal_RS thread of Root 14.4.A.0.157 [ LB / UBL ] because there is no kernel file to download. So I uploaded kernel .108, kernel .157 and rootkit that I always use to root and it works.

Here the Download link

How?
4) Done

Another method:
1) If you're still on FW .108, root your phone but not deodex, and update OTA. If your rom already deodex, it will fail to verify.

Done.

Credits :
@Waledac
@JAMAL

picture.php
[/IMG]
Does it work on lock bootloader

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Hi all
The kernel u have flashed is for Z1 not for z1 compact plz download kernal for z1 compact

baseer_IF

Mar 25, 2014
Swabi (KPK)

Here the Download link

How?
4) Done

Another method:

Done.

Credits :
@Waledac
@JAMAL

picture.php
[/IMG]
Yeah its working. Awesome. THANKS

show2

Aug 11, 2012
So, does it work on locked bootloader? Is a wipe needed? I really don't like to loose my settings and data unless I can't use titanium or things like that because of no root.

emiratesson

Aug 21, 2005
Problem with rootkernel!!!

Hello there!

One thing I don't understand, is when I click the download link in this post, it takes me to Devhost and download Root kernel .157.zip.
The question is, HOW do I deal with this file? once I double click it, it takes me to install some third party downloader and a mystartpage thingy. Where can I find the kernel?

I'd be glad if you can assist me with this, because Rooting my Z1 Compact is Hell of a complication and this is my fourth day trying to root it!! I am no noob since I have been rooting many android devices throughout the years, but this one is the most complicated one! I'd appreciate the help, thanks!!

Reactions: Mateo Diego

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)

saviola123

Dec 31, 2014
Bani Suwayf
Realme 3 Pro
done it right and worked, but Play Store and other Google apps don't work well, play store says "server error" or "check your internet connetion"
tried to solve it by editing, deleting and disabling hosts file but didn't work :(

any help? :confused:

harryw66

Oct 2, 2010
Huawei MatePad Pro
Google Pixel 7
Why are you using EMMA if you have a locked BL.

It's from not reading properly that you've confused yourself, so read this - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2631291 to clear it up.

Thanks for the link. Been reading some of the newer threads - that one looks much more informative.
I am using Emma because I thought (reading this thread) that I could still use it with a locked BL albeit in Flashmode??:confused:

I am powered off, holding Volume Down key and then inserting the USB cable with volume down key still held.
The green led flashes for a brief second and then goes off and Emma says 'Lock phone detected'
I also tried Volume UP key as a test and the blue light stays on until I disconnect the cable, but Emma does not detect the phone.

I will read the above linked thread in detail.
Cheers!

SlikToxic

May 31, 2013
Borås
Thank you very much to reply the questions while I'm not here @XperienceD
I have tried this root method many times, on my locked bootloader device, I didn't have problems like others experienced it. So I share this here because I'm sure It's safe method.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here the Download link

How?
    4) Done

Another method:

Done.

Credits :
    @Waledac
    @JAMAL

picture.php
    [/IMG]
    as I wrote you can root your .108 and update OTA to .157 without losing your root access and no need to flash any kernel.

Thanks for the files and the howto :)
    Just tried it that way and root was working after the update. :good:
    Note: I have SuperSU Pro and activated the option to try to keep root on OTA

BUT: /system was ro and with the OTA, RIC got reactivated, preventing every attempt to mount /system as rw or even try to write with su in terminal emulator
    Sidenote: /system rw is needed to enable Xposed framework, which I essentially need for Screen-Off NFC - writing the necessary files also failed because RIC blocked write access to /system

The easiest way therefore was to flash the .108 kernel with the Flashtool, started the EasyRoot tool - which realized that my device is already rooted and therefore just killed RIC and enabled /system rw access permanently like I had before the OTA - flashed the .157 kernel and now, root and /system rw are working, effort was under 5 minutes.
    Camera and other stuff needing the TA partition is also working :)

Hopefully, there will be a similarly easy way to root Lollipop without unlocking bootloader :p

PS: On a sidenote, the only thing your guide is missing is a link to the Flashtool or to a guide on how to get it ;)
    So, does it work on locked bootloader? Is a wipe needed? I really don't like to loose my settings and data unless I can't use titanium or things like that because of no root.

Works, no wipe involved

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app
    Hi there,
    as i remember, you are loosing root after upgrading from .108 to .157 and only workaround is to play with flashing kernels.

as I wrote you can root your .108 and update OTA to .157 without losing your root access and no need to flash any kernel.
    Hi all