FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Battery drops from 50% to 0%

36 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By tau45, Member on 15th October 2017, 09:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi

My Z1C is 2,5 years old. I had a custom rom with locked bootloader. About a month ago it started to drop the battery capacity very fast. Today I wanted to speed up the drain and it took 8 minutes of GTA:SA to drop the battery from 65% to 0%. It was dropping slowly from 65% to 50%, then fast to 38% and it shut off at 38%. Then it has completely no power, when I tried to power it on only red led blinks. In normal usage it can drop from 50% to 0% in a half of hour, even when I just check the time.

Xperia Companion repair didn't solve the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to tau45 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tau45 Ad-Free

15th October 2017, 10:19 AM |#2  
Flag bangalore
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Reflash the custom rom and check if this dont work then battery damaged u need to buy new one. Coz battery after 2years of use loses its capacity.
The Following User Says Thank You to giriz1c For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift giriz1c Ad-Free
15th October 2017, 11:24 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Kruszwica

More
I reflashed it and didn't work. Now I'm using stock rom flashed by Xperia Companion for a week and it also didn't solve the problem. AccuBattery shows that the estimated battery capacity is just 756mAh after a 0-100% charging. I think I will try replacing the battery, hope it will solve the problem, otherwise I will have to throw a fully working and still almost as new looking phone 0_o
The Following User Says Thank You to tau45 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tau45 Ad-Free
15th October 2017, 12:32 PM |#4  
Flag bangalore
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I too had Same problem just like yours... Replacing With New battery helped me. But make sure battery is Genuine.
The Following User Says Thank You to giriz1c For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift giriz1c Ad-Free
15th October 2017, 11:13 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Kruszwica

More
Now I see that the plastic frame is deformed because the the battery has grown up a bit. I can easily put my nail between this plastic frame and the aluminium frame ;d
So I need to buy a new battery, plastic frame, back cover, USB cover, bottom speaker cover and a back protector film. I hope it's worth it.
20th October 2017, 10:24 AM |#6  
Flag L'aquila
Thanks Meter: 85

More
If the back cover and the other things you mentioned are not damaged you shouldn't buy them.
I had the same problem, buy a new battery and a back cover sticker, with 15€ you will revive your z1c
Notice also that the phone is old, buying things worth 50€ is not a good deal
23rd October 2017, 06:55 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Kruszwica

More
I bought it all for about 19€. A back cover with a sticker was same price as a sticker only so I bought it
24th October 2017, 09:20 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey everybody,

I´m new here but read some very heplful post before. So now I have a real issue with my device, same like you.

My Z1c turns off when 50% of battery is used. It mean I can use my phone from 100% to 50% and then it drops to 0% or from 65% to 15% and then 0%...
I read the linked articel from androidpit.com here on xda about battery calibration and I wanted to ty it soon. I relly hope that will fix my problem...

But I´ve noticed something different too.

I dont know if you have the same issue or not but maybe some of you can help me.

I´ve noticed that when I open file commander app and tap on internal storage there are no folders... it says it´s emtpy, no foldes nor files, that´s a little bit weired I think.
And seconde thing I´ve noticed.
When I look up the storage usage in settings, android is calculating App, pictures, audio, downloads, cache data and also misc. but when its finished the misc. section isn´t there anymore I wonder if its normal or not.
In my opinion it´s not usual that the misc. section disappears.

I hope someone can help me with my issues and give me some advice to fix them.

Thanks for your help and I apologize for my bad english...
25th October 2017, 09:02 PM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Kruszwica

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanflow

Hey everybody,

I´m new here but read some very heplful post before. So now I have a real issue with my device, same like you.

My Z1c turns off when 50% of battery is used. It mean I can use my phone from 100% to 50% and then it drops to 0% or from 65% to 15% and then 0%...
I read the linked articel from androidpit.com here on xda about battery calibration and I wanted to ty it soon. I relly hope that will fix my problem...

But I´ve noticed something different too.

I dont know if you have the same issue or not but maybe some of you can help me.

I´ve noticed that when I open file commander app and tap on internal storage there are no folders... it says it´s emtpy, no foldes nor files, that´s a little bit weired I think.
And seconde thing I´ve noticed.
When I look up the storage usage in settings, android is calculating App, pictures, audio, downloads, cache data and also misc. but when its finished the misc. section isn´t there anymore I wonder if its normal or not.
In my opinion it´s not usual that the misc. section disappears.

I hope someone can help me with my issues and give me some advice to fix them.

Thanks for your help and I apologize for my bad english...

Hi
I tried one full discharge and then a full charge when the device was powered off and it didn't work. I bought the parts from aliexpress and a local shopping website so I will get them all in a month, then I will replace them, do some tests and post the results here.
About the files, you can try another file manager or clear file commander's data. I use the MK Explorer.
Next question, you just don't have any misc files, but the system has to search them so it appears at the beginnging. If you remove all files from the download folder, it will disappear too
30th October 2017, 07:24 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Kruszwica

More
I calibrated the battery and it shuts off at 0% properly, but its capacity is still 700mAh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-10-30-19-21-41.png
Views:	656
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	4318532  
11th November 2017, 06:18 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Kruszwica

More
The battery I bought turned out to be 14W10, so it's older than the original one... And it is complete garbage with 100mAh capacity (power off at 95%, lol).
I need another one.
Is it possible to get a genuine battery produced in 2015+?
I found these 17W, are they fake?
http://allegro.pl/ShowItem2.php?item=6978618040
http://allegro.pl/ShowItem2.php?item=6994928458
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)