FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Another "Bootlooping"-Problem

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By nampill, Junior Member on 27th December 2015, 11:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
My Audio-Jack was brocken, so I replaced it (and with it a new touch/display-unit and a new battery).
After reassembling the sony-logo appears but thats it (the status-led is off but works, as in fastbootmode it turns blue). I came from Resurrection Remix® Lollipop v5.5.9.
I can access flash/fastboot and also tried to (not exactly in this order):
Did a full wipe
Relock bootloader
Do a System-Reset with PCC
Unlock bootloader again
Flash TWRP recovery.img with fastboot
Flash Stock-Rom with flashtool (1.236 custom de, downloaded via xperifirm)
Flash boot.img from CM via fastboot
Access TWRP and install Custom-Rom
Nothing helped, sometimes I only had the Sony-Logo, sometimes also the small xperia on bottom.
the phone is still "open", I checked all the connectors inside twice.
Any ideas?

27th December 2015, 01:14 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 852

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nampill

My Audio-Jack was brocken, so I replaced it (and with it a new touch/display-unit and a new battery).
After reassembling the sony-logo appears but thats it (the status-led is off but works, as in fastbootmode it turns blue). I came from Resurrection Remix® Lollipop v5.5.9.
I can access flash/fastboot and also tried to (not exactly in this order):
Did a full wipe
Relock bootloader
Do a System-Reset with PCC
Unlock bootloader again
Flash TWRP recovery.img with fastboot
Flash Stock-Rom with flashtool (1.236 custom de, downloaded via xperifirm)
Flash boot.img from CM via fastboot
Access TWRP and install Custom-Rom
Nothing helped, sometimes I only had the Sony-Logo, sometimes also the small xperia on bottom.
the phone is still "open", I checked all the connectors inside twice.
Any ideas?

I don't know, but since it happened from opening the phone, I wonder if it might be hard brick. I've seen a tutorial on fixing it with test-point - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2682255 If your fastboot works but flashes are not applying, I don't know if anything else is going to work.
27th December 2015, 10:39 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by levone1

I don't know, but since it happened from opening the phone, I wonder if it might be hard brick. I've seen a tutorial on fixing it with test-point - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2682255 If your fastboot works but flashes are not applying, I don't know if anything else is going to work.

Ive never "played" with gdisk, so Flashes are applying, the phone just doesnt start. If i flash factory with flashtool, only sony logo appears, led is off. When I flash TWRP sony logo and experia logo appear, the led turns green shortly and the phone vibrates and i can access twrp. if i connect it to pc, i can even see the sony z1 and access the internal storage... strange
Is there any way to access the service menu without the dialer (from recovery, ...)?
27th December 2015, 11:20 PM |#4  

More
Quote:

Ive never "played" with gdisk, so Flashes are applying, the phone just doesnt start. If i flash factory with flashtool, only sony logo appears, led is off. When I flash TWRP sony logo and experia logo appear, the led turns green shortly and the phone vibrates and i can access twrp. if i connect it to pc, i can even see the sony z1 and access the internal storage... strange
Is there any way to access the service menu without the dialer (from recovery, ...)?

Try this if you can get adb shell... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...28&postcount=5
And you said you did try repair with PC Companion, right?
28th December 2015, 10:59 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by levone1

Try this if you can get adb shell... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...28&postcount=5
And you said you did try repair with PC Companion, right?

I cant run the command out of recovery: "Error: device unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device."
Yes, I tryed a factory reset with pc companion.
28th December 2015, 11:18 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

I cant run the command out of recovery: "Error: device unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device."
Yes, I tryed a factory reset with pc companion.

With an other recovery it worked. now it says : "/sbin/sh: am: not found"
28th December 2015, 11:30 AM |#7  

More
Quote:

With an other recovery it worked. now it says : "/sbin/sh: am: not found"

That's odd. It would seem like adb would recognize the -am- command. Did you confirm that you're in /adb, and device recognized?
28th December 2015, 01:24 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
What do you mean with "in ADB"?
I flashed twrp with fastboot and entered it
I did a full wipe and flashed a custom rom
Opened cmd in plattformtools and entered the command. --> error
ADB devices -l shows the device
The infernal storage is shown in Windows, but has only one empty folder " twrp". Is that normal?
Another Problem since today: the display has now almost no backgroundlight. Hard to read.
Im suggesting a Hardware Problem in the mainboard (changed display and audiojack to the old ones and had the same problem). Is there any way to check the Hardware outside Android system?
28th December 2015, 04:56 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

What do you mean with "in ADB"?
I flashed twrp with fastboot and entered it
I did a full wipe and flashed a custom rom
Opened cmd in plattformtools and entered the command. --> error
ADB devices -l shows the device
The infernal storage is shown in Windows, but has only one empty folder " twrp". Is that normal?
Another Problem since today: the display has now almost no backgroundlight. Hard to read.
Im suggesting a Hardware Problem in the mainboard (changed display and audiojack to the old ones and had the same problem). Is there any way to check the Hardware outside Android system?

I'm not an expert, so just guessing, but it seems to me that your rom is not being written. I would agree that it seems like hw, especially since it happened after opening the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)