How to Build new recovery modded for Zopo Speed7 Mtk 6753

Search This thread

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
P@th
How to Build new recovery modded for Zopo Speed 7 (Zp951/952) Mtk 6753

In this thread we will discuss how to create or build new recovery modded for Zopo Speed 7

Everybody are Welcome!
MANY THANKS TO OUR MODERATORS TO OPEN AGAIN THIS THREAD !
More attention to the Xda-developers Rules:
http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?f=256
Many thanks to "SUPER ADMIN" MR. MIKE

XDA:DevDB Information
How to Build new recovery modded for Zopo Speed7 Mtk 6753, Tool/Utility for the Zopo Speed 7 Plus

Contributors
ghost45, Carliv, Yuweng, Marsapa,Codelover,Bigrammy,SevenMaxs,HypoTurtle,

Version Information

Created 2015-08-22
Last Updated 2015-08-22

Attachments

• carliv_tool1.JPG
    carliv_tool1.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 2,317
Last edited:

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
P@th
During the my last attempt to decript the boot and the recovery images from one new Zopo called Speed 7 (Zp951) octa core Mtk 6753 3gb Ram,
i receive this message from the Carliv v.1 program:
carliv_tool1.JPG
This errors appear during the boot decripting and during the recovery decripting.
If i Check well with other tools like "Bigrammy tools or also Yuweng tools" but i do not remember well who is the owner, i see that in the new boot and recovery is present the Kernel compressed and the ramdisk compressed.
kernel.gz
and
ramdisk.gz
If i decompress them the kernel became too big more than the 15 mb.
I tryied to leave it so big in new recovery but flashtool not recognize the files recovery,maybe i'm have passed the memory block ...but i don't know well.
These are the two files:
http://d-h.st/a380
What happened in these new two files?
Possible that mediatek create new compression?
Why these two files are compressed?

According The Great Carliv seems that in the Images (recovery and boot) probably isn't present anymore Mediatek header .

Last edited:

AP756

Oct 4, 2007
Still have no Speed7 (waitingfor it), so I can't help right now. This message is just to let you know I will be contributing to this thread as soon as possible ;).

AP756

Oct 4, 2007
@bigrammy: Original recovery is 8.27 MB, yours is 13.47 MB. Do you think this fits? Right now I don't know the structure of the Speed7-ROM, but I think other parts of the ROM have to be moved. Can you upload the scatter you used so we can have a look at the allocation? Thanks.

Last edited:

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
@bigrammy: Original recovery is 8.27 MB, yours is 13.47 MB. Do you think this fits? Right now I don't know the structure of the Speed7-ROM, but I think other parts of the ROM have to be moved. Can you upload the scatter you used so we can have a look at the allocation? Thanks.

64bit SoC recovery partitions are generally 16mb in size.
I do not have the zopo speed myself. Maybe ghost45 could upload the scatter as I assume he got the .img's from a stock rom.
EDIT: Scatter here http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=11352#downloads

EDIT EDIT: Confirmed recovery partition is 16mb in size ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ghost45

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
P@th
I do not have the zopo speed myself. Maybe ghost45 could upload the scatter as I assume he got the .img's from a stock rom.

Thanks to arrive here Big!
I have check inside your recovery and i saw that you are able to leave the file compressed inside (kernel.gz) ...but you have update your repack and unpack tool?
:silly:

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
P@th

Big this is the result:
The twrp start but i receive this message:
twrp.jpg

And the touch seems do not respond at all......but this is first step ....

To the contrary i have tryied again my cwm base (not touch) sorry but i'm fixed for the cwm...and run well but i must see the memory sector to understand why i can't able to see the sd ext card.
see you and thanks for your work.
:good:

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
P@th
Have you deleted a post :eek:

Does my recovery work or not :confused:

No i do not deleted no one post....
but before i have had problem with see my last post, maybe xda forum have some problems today!

Your recovery start but do not run the touch at all and do not run also with the volume button.
So is unusable for now.

To the contrary my cwm run well but i must check well the memory sectors to understand why the sd ext is not seen.
(The memory internal is visible the sd ext not)

https://www.copy.com/s/t:CSIJeykJT1iaUKQP;p:%2Frecovery_Cwm_Speed7_102530_Roby.img;oid:1

Last edited:

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
No i do not deleted no one post....
but before i have had problem with see my last post, maybe xda forum have some problems today!

Your recovery start but do not run the touch at all.

No problem we both have PC issues :laugh:
The company PC's block lot's of content :crying:
It sounds like you have the same issue as our Elephone P6000 with no touch function. :(
You will need to ask zopo to fix the touch in the kernel...

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
P@th
Hi ,
finally i have decompressed the Big Kernel and i have reduce the real dimension.
I Have attached in Download Section.
:D

Last edited:
Reactions: NefilEx

flavien317

Aug 22, 2012
Hi ,
finally i have decompressed the Big Kernel and i have reduce the real dimension.
I Have attached in Download Section.
:D

Ok, great.
You can do a thread about CWm and TWRP on speed 7 developement. By the way when the source will be release, i will creat cm12.1 rom, you will help to do this if there some bug ? (i will received my zopo about 10 sept)

Reactions: NefilEx

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
P@th
Ok, great.
You can do a thread about CWm and TWRP on speed 7 developement. By the way when the source will be release, i will creat cm12.1 rom, you will help to do this if there some bug ? (i will received my zopo about 10 sept)

Hi Flavien,
I have already opened this thread about the recovery.. I not think is good to open one other about the recovery.
About the source... I know that Mediatek seems will release them in the next month... But i don't know the real date.
About the help to build one new rom is always one great and good idea to change opinions and to change hands.. Yes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Hi Flavien,
I have already opened this thread about the recovery.. I not think is good to open one other about the recovery.
About the source... I know that Mediatek seems will release them in the next month... But i don't know the real date.
About the help to build one new rom is always one great and good idea to change opinions and to change hands.. Yes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
Hi bro,
Just some advice here as we have already been down this road with the Elephone P6000. :eek:
1. CWM recovery is pretty much dead as of KitKat 4.4.4 and is not supported in Lollipop 5.0 > so any CWM recovery's are likely to have been compiled using KK. This means they will never be 100% perfect for your Lollipop 5.1 device. :(
2. The TWRP I have ported for you is obviously working and has been compiled for Lollipop so If you had a working touch I am sure it would be 100% perfect. :good:
So what should you do ??
1. Get on to Zopo and demand they fix the touch in the Kernel :mad: I would guess it's a goodix GT9xx touch screen the same as the Elephone :laugh:
2. You could still use the CWM to do most things like flash supersu.zip to root etc etc.
3. You could probably use TWRP with a Mouse and OTG cable too. ;)
4. Once rooted you can use wanam's Partitions Manager Here To back and even restore you partitions but it's a little slow Thread Here :good:
5. Last but not least use SPFlashtools for backup and restore. :good:

Regards bigrammy.

Reactions: NefilEx and ghost45

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
P@th
Hi bro,
Just some advice here as we have already been down this road with the Elephone P6000. :eek:
1. CWM recovery is pretty much dead as of KitKat 4.4.4 and is not supported in Lollipop 5.0 > so any CWM recovery's are likely to have been compiled using KK. This means they will never be 100% perfect for your Lollipop 5.1 device. :(
2. The TWRP I have ported for you is obviously working and has been compiled for Lollipop so If you had a working touch I am sure it would be 100% perfect. :good:
So what should you do ??
1. Get on to Zopo and demand they fix the touch in the Kernel :mad: I would guess it's a goodix GT9xx touch screen the same as the Elephone :laugh:
2. You could still use the CWM to do most things like flash supersu.zip to root etc etc.
3. You could probably use TWRP with a Mouse and OTG cable too. ;)
4. Once rooted you can use wanam's Partitions Manager Here To back and even restore you partitions but it's a little slow Thread Here :good:
5. Last but not least use SPFlashtools for backup and restore. :good:

Regards bigrammy.

Hi Bro,
Thanks for the answer, but actually we are waiting for the source from Mediatek.
When i will have some little time ...first, i want to create a new porting with cwm to have, almost, one recovery usable.
After yes probably we must studied these new sources....when their will arrive.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys this is Charles the Brand Manager here of Zopo. I recently started working at ZOPO a few months ago. We are happy to have the XDA community going strong =) Thanks everyone for your participation!

Especially @ghost45 and other mods, they have been working tirelessly over the years to help the community. Without their support, ZOPO would be much less than it is today.

I want to say that we are turning a new page here in terms of customer focused development. We want to hear your opinions about our products and suggestions. Please post about them on XDA and in our official website forums =)

Thanks everyone!
    Finally The Kernel is been recompiled from NETMATRIX.....
    So i rebuild for moment one version of TWRP based Hunama50 last version with new details.

View attachment 3529700
    View attachment 3529701

Many thanks to @Netmatrix for his exploit, and rebuilded version of the Kernel and the great works of @humana50​

thanks now this phone have a really cool recovery heheheh!
    Finally The Kernel is been recompiled from NETMATRIX.....
    So i rebuild for moment one version of TWRP based Hunama50 last version with new details.

20151103_180853.jpg
    20151103_180817.jpg

Many thanks to @Netmatrix for his exploit, and rebuilded version of the Kernel and the great works of @humana50​

Well thanks bro I think you have just made me cry :laugh:
    I knew it had to be driver related but that goodix.c is a pretty big script :laugh:
    So just to be clear did you just remove these two lines?
    Code:
    -    if (RECOVERY_BOOT == get_boot_mode())
    -        return 0;
    +    //if (RECOVERY_BOOT == get_boot_mode()) return 0;
    Or all of your quoted text :confused:
    Save's me booting into linux to take a look through the goodix.c :eek:

humana version is the same as mine bro so no need to worry enjoy TWRP as it's meant to be. :good:

All MTK users with goodix touchscreens owe @Netmatrix a massive debt of gratitude for fixing the goodix driver... :angel:
    only the two lines
    Hi guys this is Charles the Brand Manager here of Zopo. I recently started working at ZOPO a few months ago. We are happy to have the XDA community going strong =) Thanks everyone for your participation!

Especially @ghost45 and other mods, they have been working tirelessly over the years to help the community. Without their support, ZOPO would be much less than it is today.

I want to say that we are turning a new page here in terms of customer focused development. We want to hear your opinions about our products and suggestions. Please post about them on XDA and in our official website forums =)

Thanks everyone!
    Simplzz.
    1. Launch New model
    2. Publish factory ROM
    3. Publish the Kernel source code.

Kinda like HTC, Lenovo and others do ;)