[ROM] LS980 ZVI stock 5.0.2 flashable

Search This thread

jacob019

Oct 18, 2014
This was tough to get as LG locked down all known exploits with the ZVI release. It took some hardware hacking to pull a clean unmodified system and kernel. Here is a flashable zip:
http://jacobstoner.com/LS980ZVI.zip
This includes a bootstack with an older bootloader and TWRP 2.8.7.3. The ZVI kernel has been bumped to work with the older bootloader. Otherwise this is completely unmodified and unrooted so if you want root then flash SuperSU after flashing this.
http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

astherion

Apr 21, 2010
Bender
Thanks, man! I wait for it so long! Because I'm still on ZVG because ZVI was unrootable. So all what I need is just clean flash room in recovery and install supersu app? Without any unlockers? Downloading now, making backups and give a try!:)

Last edited:

jacob019

Oct 18, 2014
Thanks, man! I wait for it so long! Because I'm still on ZVG because ZVI was unrootable. So all what I need is just clean flash room in recovery and install supersu app? Without any unlockers? Downloading now, making backups and give a try!:)

Yes, just flash in recovery and flash the supersu zip from the link above. You can dirty flash over ZVG, it will overwrite the whole system partition anyway.

astherion

Apr 21, 2010
Bender
Confirmed! If works! Just made clean installation 20 minutes ago & flash supersu.zip through recovery. Superuser works fine. So now I've try restore zvg & flash over it. Because I use lots of exposed modules & dorimanx kernel, titanium backup, lucky patcher, freedom etc. For this sw root is critical... Thanks a lot for latest ZVI + root! Later I link to your thread for peoples from russian 4PDA LG G2 thread. Lots of people will be happy!

Last edited:

astherion

Apr 21, 2010
Bender
Not ever try to flash on installed rom! You'll receive a lots of lags after! Make app backup & flash "clean" install through recovery. I found also 1 issue in recovery: then screen goes off after you turn it on you see only blue-grey-black-white stripes with tiny squares. It happens not always but sometimes.
P.S. Previously I also used bumped 2.8.7.3 TWRP and has no problems. Also I use xposed, so when I flash ZVI on ZVG & restore apps backup has lots of lags like force close systemUI, deleted unworking software etc. So - clean install! After that - restore backup, but only user apps, not system like xposed apps, home g4 launcher, dialer etc.!

Last edited:

astherion

Apr 21, 2010
Bender
SIM-unlock

Nomansabir: you need made sim-unlock again.

Download Wirking+Hotspot.zip. You must be rooted 1st. Install adbdinsecure2.00.apk, open it, accept root privileges, use checkbox "enable insecure adb" - exit apk. Connect g2 to pc, open simunlock.exe with admin rights, phone must reboot itself after correct installation. Voila: you phone is now sim-free!!!
P.S. You can delete adbdinsecure.apk after

nomansabir

Feb 1, 2016

Download Wirking+Hotspot.zip. You must be rooted 1st. Install adbdinsecure2.00.apk, open it, accept root privileges, use checkbox "enable insecure adb" - exit apk. Connect g2 to pc, open simunlock.exe with admin rights, phone must reboot itself after correct installation. Voila: you phone is now sim-free!!!

Thnx astherion .... its working fine now..... :D

talvigi

Feb 15, 2014
All ways somewhere arround
This was tough to get as LG locked down all known exploits with the ZVI release. It took some hardware hacking to pull a clean unmodified system and kernel. Here is a flashable zip:
This includes a bootstack with an older bootloader and TWRP 2.8.7.3. The ZVI kernel has been bumped to work with the older bootloader. Otherwise this is completely unmodified and unrooted so if you want root then flash SuperSU after flashing this.

that's wonderful, @jacob019, thanks for sharing this highly waited zip of the ZVI, as far as i am on cloudy G2 3.3 with my LS980 for a long time and have not experienced the stock firmware after ZVG.

I have two questions in my mind if you could please clear them.

1. Is there any problem in the ZVI like most of the LG updates have not been without bugs or lagging ?
2. Can i flash this zip directly from my already installed TWRP without going back to stock ZVG or ZVE? (I have Cloudy G2 3.3 installed with blastgator's boot stack/baseband) {Cloudy G2 v3.3 is indeed a perfect ROM for my LS980 till now}

Thanks again for the great job you have done

jacob019

Oct 18, 2014
1. Is there any problem in the ZVI like most of the LG updates have not been without bugs or lagging ?
2. Can i flash this zip directly from my already installed TWRP without going back to stock ZVG or ZVE? (I have Cloudy G2 3.3 installed with blastgator's boot stack/baseband) {Cloudy G2 v3.3 is indeed a perfect ROM for my LS980 till now}

1. I've been using it for a couple weeks, seems quite stable but I'm a light user.
2. Yes, you can flash it directly from your already installed TWRP. No need for any other preparation.

Reactions: talvigi

talvigi

Feb 15, 2014
1. I've been using it for a couple weeks, seems quite stable but I'm a light user.
2. Yes, you can flash it directly from your already installed TWRP. No need for any other preparation.

Thanks @jacob019 for your time and again for your great job.

I will try it as soon as the download of the zip file will be completed.
And i also must try the SIM unlock as you mentioned above because i live out of US and am using GSM network not CDMA, so i think to do that i need some preparations.

I hope there are thousands in this line to need ZVI and the SIM unlock. Hail Jacob.

What is the flashing procedure by the way? is it same as we flash custom ROM (wipe system, devlock, cache and data) or just wipe dev lock and cache and flash the zip file

Last edited:

astherion

Apr 21, 2010
Bender
Just reboot to tarp recovery, choose wipe - advanced - check all except "sdcard" - wipe and just flash zip. Also better to flash supersuper.zip if you need root. Reboot - profit!
For me it works flawlessly, slight more battery drain, but solved by dorimanx kernel, xposed & greenify app. I didn't see the even mentioned lags in this Rom. Working for me the same as ZVG & also rootable!

talvigi

Feb 15, 2014

@astherion, Thanks for the SIM Unlock files, by the way rooted is OK but but what is "after correct installation" is it what the software in PC does with the mobile or something else? And developer options have to enabled or otherwise?

Edited: Thank you very much guys specially @jacob019 and @astherion, you guys rock the party. The stock Lollipop is flashed perfectly and SIM Unlock was the most simple step i have every seen in the LG world, But astherion you should have mentioned the USB debugging option as it needs to be enabled before running the simunlock.exe from the PC, and an other thing i can see Hands free activation disturbs after every reboot (i have just rebooted twice and it cameup both times) and battery level also going very fast don't know why but, this can be a major issue which may force some people like me to go back to Cloudy. My battery was at 75% and 4 hours 12 minutes remaining and after i rebooted to recovery and wiped devlock cache and data, still battery says 69 % 3 hours 3 minutes remaining. This is dangerous, the battery graph is showing like a forward slash is on the graph panel, I will attach pics.

Indeed this all made me a fan of you guys,

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-02-23-04-30.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-02-23-04-30.png
    162.4 KB · Views: 597
  • Screenshot_2016-02-02-23-04-55.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-02-23-04-55.png
    170.7 KB · Views: 582
  • Screenshot_2016-02-02-23-51-13.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-02-23-51-13.png
    187.1 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:
Reactions: noor rahman

tekweezle

Jun 20, 2012
So I am on ZVH, rooted with TWRP installed. Can I just flash the zip files?

When doing a clean install, are you just totting back to an earlier release(ZVE or G), rooting and installing TWRP and then this zip files?

jacob019

Oct 18, 2014

When doing a clean install, are you just totting back to an earlier release(ZVE or G), rooting and installing TWRP and then this zip files?

Yes, you can just flash the zip file; should be no need to wipe data if you're coming from ZVG. Also there is no need to tot back to an earlier release unless you are already on ZVI because wiping data and installing this zip will produce just as clean of an install.
@talvigi, battery is okay for me; but I'm used to stock. I'm not sure about disabling activation because I'm using it on Sprint. I'm sure you can find info on how to improve both of those issues, but there isn't anything to be done here since this is an unmodified stock rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SIM-unlock

Yes, you can just flash the zip file; should be no need to wipe data if you're coming from ZVG. Also there is no need to tot back to an earlier release unless you are already on ZVI because wiping data and installing this zip will produce just as clean of an install.
    @talvigi, battery is okay for me; but I'm used to stock. I'm not sure about disabling activation because I'm using it on Sprint. I'm sure you can find info on how to improve both of those issues, but there isn't anything to be done here since this is an unmodified stock rom.
    @Librastar, so you better install (or update) to ZVG - ZVH = you has no any problems with rooting, and its works much stable. ZVI compare to ZVG - ZVH drains battery as hell, even with DorimanX kernel with energysave profile. Thats why I'm jumped to CM13 after ZVI. Compare to all of this roms, cm13 with stock kernel & without gapps not eats battery. Now I has 96% from 8:00, when I was on ZVG, I think it must be 75%, on ZVI - around 60% (I mean standby mode).

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------
    @cityneversleepz Its not necessary to remove sim. I've made sim-unlock with sim inserted, but when connected to cdma network. You can use flymode before reboot, or leave the network on - nevermind. And leave sim if you need it.
    Just reboot to tarp recovery, choose wipe - advanced - check all except "sdcard" - wipe and just flash zip. Also better to flash supersuper.zip if you need root. Reboot - profit!
    For me it works flawlessly, slight more battery drain, but solved by dorimanx kernel, xposed & greenify app. I didn't see the even mentioned lags in this Rom. Working for me the same as ZVG & also rootable!