ZVG OTA update.zip

Search This thread

Jshugzda

Nov 23, 2011
Tucson
can any one please help me with this error I keep getting when trying to update?

Attachments

• 20150427_182035.jpg
    20150427_182035.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 680
Last edited:

DisPear

Apr 28, 2015
It Works!!!

Thank you so much for uploading this :). Works great and everything works smoothly. It seems to perform consistently better in antutu and animations seem smoother.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-27-21-59-40.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-27-21-59-40.png
    214 KB · Views: 508

MrTriTanium

Jan 12, 2013
can any one please help me with this error I keep getting when trying to update?

In the same folder you have the update.zip located, extract the attached file and open a command prompt in that window by holding Shift and right-clicking after you de-highlight any files. Then ADB push the update.

Attachments

• ADB.zip
    471.8 KB · Views: 465
Reactions: Jshugzda

MrTriTanium

Jan 12, 2013
Not sure what happened. My phone registered COM10 and installed everything as needed. Restored all my apps via ROM Toolbox Pro fine.

Sent from my G2
(Removed quoted photo)

My phone was under COM3 this time, or I am just misremembering the number in my last post...

Did your phone automatically reboot into D/L mode? Mine does not do and shutting it down and getting into D/L mode hangs the process.

RohanM

Oct 19, 2012
.tot is out ? I want tot as done so many build prop edits for unlocking the device.

Jshugzda

Nov 23, 2011
Tucson
Just updated using adb sideload. I'm very disappointed with LG and our lollipop update, I was hoping for the option to hide home touch buttons was going be included but no :mad::crying::rolleyes: Glade I upgraded to the LG G3 :);)

Last edited:

gonk24

Mar 7, 2011
Don't know who confirmed it for the Sprint version but I cannot root via either method at the link. Both 1.2 and 1.3 freeze at
Code:
Looking for LG serial port..

I was on ZVE, stock recovery, and rooted via Stump before successfully ADB sideloading the update. On Lollipop Stump says I am rooted but checking with Root Checker Basic says that "Root access is not properly installed on this device."

It worked perfect for me. When it's looking for LG serial port put your G2 into download mode. It will find the device and root it.

MrTriTanium

Jan 12, 2013
It worked perfect for me. When it's looking for LG serial port put your G2 into download mode. It will find the device and root it.

Somehow it never "found" my device even though Device Manager showed a Port associate with the device. I tried multiple times and it hung each time of looking for LG Serial Port.
I don't doubt it worked for you, but it did not for me. I don't see how I could have messed anything up as you only push a button and it goes... Even putting it in D/L mode is simple enough... But yet it didn't work.

The method here: http://xdaforums.com/android/development/guide-root-method-lg-devices-t3049772 gave me root so I am happy.
Now just waiting to hear if TWRP can be installed from existing methods so I can have Xposed once again.

gonk24

Mar 7, 2011
Somehow it never "found" my device even though Device Manager showed a Port associate with the device. I tried multiple times and it hung each time of looking for LG Serial Port.
I don't doubt it worked for you, but it did not for me. I don't see how I could have messed anything up as you only push a button and it goes... Even putting it in D/L mode is simple enough... But yet it didn't work.

The method here: http://xdaforums.com/android/development/guide-root-method-lg-devices-t3049772 gave me root so I am happy.
Now just waiting to hear if TWRP can be installed from existing methods so I can have Xposed once again.

I hear you. I sat and waited for it to find mine, then I read what it said about DL mode . I did that and BOOM, away it went. Happy to hear you got yours rooted regardless. I'm waiting for a way to get back Xposed as well.

MrTriTanium

Jan 12, 2013
I hear you. I sat and waited for it to find mine, then I read what it said about DL mode . I did that and BOOM, away it went. Happy to hear you got yours rooted regardless. I'm waiting for a way to get back Xposed as well.
At first glance I didn't know it said to try D/L mode manually. I saw how the screenshots showed rebooting to D/L mode and I just did that manually when it didn't cooperate...

This is pretty much the only reason I want Xposed: http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/mod-battery-home-icon-t2917953
I found other modules that I like to make it more "mine" but it's not the main reason...

Top Liked Posts