FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RESTORE][TOT][OFFICIAL][M] Sprint LG LS991 ZV9 TOT

5,192 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,731

By garwynn, Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team on 4th December 2015, 09:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Update 12/17/2015: This is now official since Sprint has announced the release.

Well, you got it here before even it was announced. M has come to our G4 and you can flash it now using this TOT.
Read the second post for further information on how to downgrade and use LGUP. Once you're on ZV9 it's the only way to downgrade and should be your preferred flash method.

And with that said, here's the fluffy Marshmallow goodness!.
If you need the steps, use them as provided by Autoprime here.
Enjoy!

http://rwilco12.com/downloads.php?di...%20ROMs/ZV9_12

Happy holidays everyone!
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift garwynn Ad-Free
4th December 2015, 10:05 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,920

Donate to Me
More
very nice

OK so lets do an overview of how to flash TOTs from now on. Steps below will allow you to flash ZV9 (or higher) and also downgrade back to ZV6. Don't flash ZV5 TOT if you're on ZV6 or higher! ZV5 is qfuse v1.. ZV6 and ZV9 are qfuse v2. You can only flash equal or higher qfuse versions... NEVER lower. I mean, technically you can flash ZV5... but you will not be able to boot the phone after doing so.

Thanks to some testing from @Awesomeslayerg I think we've worked out all the kinks. I don't have a Sprint G4, so without him the specific details laid out below would not have come so quickly.

1. Download both LGUP msi files HERE and install them on your PC.
2. Boot your phone into Download Mode [Remove USB cable in phone. Power off phone. Hold Volume Up then plug in USB cable]
3. Open LGUP, select your phone model. If it says unknown, disconnect phone/reopen LGUP and try again.
4. With LGUP now opened, select the "Upgrade" option. Then below that.. select the TOT you wish to flash then hit START.
5. That's it! Just wait for it to finish flashing. LGUP makes things quite simple. You don't even have to use COM port 41 any more. Always use the upgrade option.. even when downgrading.

If LGUP doesn't wipe your data and you'd prefer to have it wiped for some reason or another... simply boot into stock recovery after the TOT flash and run a factory reset.

If you have ignored the steps above and decided to use the old "LG Flash" method, forgot to check off "Board DL" and are now stuck on the "2" screen..
1. Use LGUP to flash ZV6 and get stuck at blue screen with red "2".
2. Power off phone and close LGUP.
3. Boot into Download Mode again.
4. This time.. instead of using LGUP.. use the original LG Flash method HERE.
5. Make sure you set LG Flash to use "Board DL" at the bottom of the screen where u select DLL and TOT.
6. Should be able to flash either ZV6 or ZV9 using LG Flash (with Board DL option).

LGUP FTW!
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to autoprime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th December 2015, 10:43 PM |#3  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 1,135

Donate to Me
More
would anybody be willing to DD a backup of the system and modem and kernel (boot) partition? is 6.0 root able?
if we can get backups we can just flash those three and should be good...
The Following User Says Thank You to Agimax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Agimax Ad-Free
5th December 2015, 03:00 AM |#4  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 59

More
So as of now, there is no OTA zip to install via recovery?
I can't wait!
5th December 2015, 03:21 AM |#5  
Flag Bhilwara
Thanks Meter: 379

More
awwwweesome!
The Following User Says Thank You to itskapil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itskapil Ad-Free
5th December 2015, 06:04 AM |#6  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Flag NE Ohio
Thanks Meter: 8,731

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwm

So as of now, there is no OTA zip to install via recovery?
I can't wait!

No OTA if it's not an official build. AFAIK there is no mention of this anywhere... except here.
The Following User Says Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift garwynn Ad-Free
5th December 2015, 08:33 AM |#7  
Flag Dearborn, MI
Thanks Meter: 1,118

More
Root
I sent a pm to chainfire i think there may be a way to root this from within the tot with some modifying.
5th December 2015, 10:04 AM |#8  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I should've waited. The file flashed the first time and then my phone rebooted. Now I'm just stuck on a factory reset 2 screen.

I've tried multiple times to flash it again and it just leads to download failed in the LG Flash Tool.

Am I screwed, for lack of a better word?
5th December 2015, 12:12 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 360

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s049031

I should've waited. The file flashed the first time and then my phone rebooted. Now I'm just stuck on a factory reset 2 screen.

I've tried multiple times to flash it again and it just leads to download failed in the LG Flash Tool.

Am I screwed, for lack of a better word?

Simple mistake and easy fix...you just missed selecting "upgrade board dl" as shown in step 8 here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=63041565

Now to fix....pull the battery. Put the phone back into download mode (vol up + plug in usb) and just repeat the steps only don't forget to select UPGRADE BOARD DL.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swetnes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Swetnes Ad-Free
5th December 2015, 02:02 PM |#10  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 19

More
No thoughts or comments on this yet? I figured it would be a bigger deal but I guess a few people already jumped ship. I'm super excited to try it just wanna know if it's daily driver status. I hate upgrading then downgrading.
5th December 2015, 03:28 PM |#11  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swetnes

Simple mistake and easy fix...you just missed selecting "upgrade board dl" as shown in step 8 here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=63041565

Now to fix....pull the battery. Put the phone back into download mode (vol up + plug in usb) and just repeat the steps only don't forget to select UPGRADE BOARD DL.

And just to be on the right page. Which dll file should I be using?

I'll give it another go when I'm home. Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)