FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Win Honor 9 Lite

G4 Stuck in airplane mode

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By fuente_opusx, Junior Member on 31st August 2015, 10:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a G4 that refuses to come out of airplane mode. The device actually appears to be fine with the exception of no signal or data. It will work on WiFi. I have already used ##72786# and an actual ##RTN#. Still having the same issue. Brand new so i cant post pictures as of yet...
The Following User Says Thank You to fuente_opusx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fuente_opusx Ad-Free

31st August 2015, 10:41 PM |#2  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 365

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuente_opusx

I have a G4 that refuses to come out of airplane mode. The device actually appears to be fine with the exception of no signal or data. It will work on WiFi. I have already used ##72786# and an actual ##RTN#. Still having the same issue. Brand new so i cant post pictures as of yet...

How was it activated? You may need to call Sprint.
1st September 2015, 07:29 PM |#3  
IF you are still having issues with your phone PM me and we will get it back up and running, activated and all.

Quote:

4th October 2015, 10:58 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessooca

IF you are still having issues with your phone PM me and we will get it back up and running, activated and all.

I believe I am having this exact problem, any help would be appreciated.
4th October 2015, 11:36 PM |#5  
Are you both on Zv5 or Zv6 or which version? I am looking into this issue.... I am going to try to replicate your issue then see what's causing it, give me a couple hours to do some tests. Also are you both on Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelfthMan

I believe I am having this exact problem, any help would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

- If you go into settings, then general, then system updates and update prl or update profile, does either do anything?? Have you pulled the battery, held Volume up and while holding vol up pressed power until you are in hard reset mode and reset it this way and had it go through setup again, including activation?

Quote:

5th October 2015, 12:08 AM |#6  

More
Quote:

Are you both on Zv5 or Zv6 or which version? I am looking into this issue.... I am going to try to replicate your issue then see what's causing it, give me a couple hours to do some tests. Also are you both on Sprint?

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

- If you go into settings, then general, then system updates and update prl or update profile, does either do anything?? Have you pulled the battery, held Volume up and while holding vol up pressed power until you are in hard reset mode and reset it this way and had it go through setup again, including activation?

I just took the OTA to ZV6, everything worked perfect until after update. If I leave wifi on I can update prl and profile, if I switch it off the updates fail but the signal indicator stays empty. 3 other sprint phones in the house as well all working normally. I've also done a hard reset with volume+power, same result and I've flashed the zv6 tot with lg flash tool same result. I downloaded a app called lte discovery and it says that the radio is disabled.
5th October 2015, 04:52 AM |#7  
Very odd. When you go into Settings, under Network, then Mobile Data and you select the 3 dots, you'll see "mobile networks" does everything look OK? As in "mobile data is checked, as well as "network mode" showing either Global or the other? Also do you have "Connections Optimizer" unchecked? Reflashing the tot file should have fixed any modem/radio issues you were having. I am still looking into your issue......

Also if you select "Activate this device" under Settings/General does it do anything??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelfthMan

I just took the OTA to ZV6, everything worked perfect until after update. If I leave wifi on I can update prl and profile, if I switch it off the updates fail but the signal indicator stays empty. 3 other sprint phones in the house as well all working normally. I've also done a hard reset with volume+power, same result and I've flashed the zv6 tot with lg flash tool same result. I downloaded a app called lte discovery and it says that the radio is disabled.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jessooca For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jessooca Ad-Free
6th October 2015, 05:55 AM |#8  

More
Quote:

Very odd. When you go into Settings, under Network, then Mobile Data and you select the 3 dots, you'll see "mobile networks" does everything look OK? As in "mobile data is checked, as well as "network mode" showing either Global or the other? Also do you have "Connections Optimizer" unchecked? Reflashing the tot file should have fixed any modem/radio issues you were having. I am still looking into your issue......

Also if you select "Activate this device" under Settings/General does it do anything??

When the phone first boots, right when it hits the lock screen "service disabled" is briefly on the screen then disappears. The signal indicator is blank like it has nothing at all. Settings>Network>Mobile Data checked, network is in global when I click connections optimizer it says "setup has not yet finished" This is the current situation after flashing zv6 tot. If I go to General>System Updates> selecting any of the below options I get a "you cannot update while the device has no service" If I turn WiFi on I can select firmware, update profile and update prl. Update profile returns a "the update is complete" Update prl returns "The prl has been upgraded, press ok" If i go to Settings>Activate device it returns all the information about my account like usage and plan.
soulysephiroth
6th October 2015, 05:06 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It's a known issue. You'll have to get it replaced. Hardware.

Sent from my LG-H810 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
16th November 2015, 03:23 AM |#10  

More
Thank you for this post I had the same problem and was pulling my hair out with sprint. Got insurance but 200 bucks. Still under LG warranty so will try that.
26th November 2015, 11:29 PM |#11  

More
Any new developments in this? Having all the same problems and dont want to have to wait for the store to open tomorrow. Ive narrowed it down to the radio being disabled for some reason.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)