ZVD update apparently has anti-rollback....anyone know of a way to sim unlock on ZVD?

Search This thread

klurrant

Dec 21, 2016
ZVD update for Sprint G4 LS991 apparently has anti-rollback, so no more ZVB or ZVC after update.

This prevents those that updated to flash ZVB Mellow Mallow Global GSM rom.

Anyone know of a way to be sim unlocked for GSM under ZVD for LS991 LG G4 for sprint model

Reactions: cpunto

KingFatty

Feb 4, 2009
Ah this is unfortunate. Sorry I don't have a solution, but wanted to add a question: Any chance that Mellow Mallow could be updated to be installed on phones already running ZVD?

klurrant

Dec 21, 2016
Ah this is unfortunate. Sorry I don't have a solution, but wanted to add a question: Any chance that Mellow Mallow could be updated to be installed on phones already running ZVD?

yup, unfortunate. Apparently development stopped for now for that rom. My question is, does a ZVC stock tot exist ......and if so, can ZVD be rolled back to ZVC.?

Last edited:

Ds1474420

Oct 16, 2013
I can't help but wonder why LG and other brands are so against us rooting our phones. We know it voids the warranty and are cool with that. We pay a ton of money for these phones should be able to do what we want with them.

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
can sprint ls991 ZVD be rooted and if so a link to tutorial please

No root there brother. Read a little deeper. Zv6 only. No downgrade possible

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

I can't help but wonder why LG and other brands are so against us rooting our phones. We know it voids the warranty and are cool with that. We pay a ton of money for these phones should be able to do what we want with them.

Its not lg. Its sprint. Theres been a discussion on this. Lg is not big enough to dictate to sprint what they are gonna do. But the other way around. Sprint tells lg eother do this or we wont sell em. On other hand samsung. Is so large that sprint or carriers couldnt afford not to sell em

mirage_3

Mar 16, 2017
No root there brother. Read a little deeper. Zv6 only. No downgrade possible

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

Its not lg. Its sprint. Theres been a discussion on this. Lg is not big enough to dictate to sprint what they are gonna do. But the other way around. Sprint tells lg eother do this or we wont sell em. On other hand samsung. Is so large that sprint or carriers couldnt afford not to sell em

Wondering if you were able to get sim unlock on ZVD or were able to roll back?

Aqua Sta

Mar 10, 2010
Please help us to get backup .tot firmware from your phone with ZVD or ZVE version, if you can yes i will sent pm and connect tool to read it, thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ZVD update for Sprint G4 LS991 apparently has anti-rollback, so no more ZVB or ZVC after update.

This prevents those that updated to flash ZVB Mellow Mallow Global GSM rom.

Anyone know of a way to be sim unlocked for GSM under ZVD for LS991 LG G4 for sprint model