Overall love

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 8, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it. :eek:

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Wind_Driven

Dec 22, 2014
Overall? Got it Monday the 18th,not sold on it.

Sure it looks good,feels nice in the hand,but they've kneecapped the phone.Locked bootloader? Only accepts payware fonts from Monotype imaging? I've got 14 days,but as of right now I'm leaning towards sending it back and lighting up the Note 5 again.

MOAR has spoiled me over the years.

demetrios3

Overall? Got it Monday the 18th,not sold on it.

Sure it looks good,feels nice in the hand,but they've kneecapped the phone.Locked bootloader? Only accepts payware fonts from Monotype imaging? I've got 14 days,but as of right now I'm leaning towards sending it back and lighting up the Note 5 again.

MOAR has spoiled me over the years.

My Note 8 is arriving today and I'm expecting the bootloader to get unlocked sometime soon.

Goat1378

Nov 14, 2013
Baltimore
I sure hope it's soon.
I miss MOAR Nougat v1.4 too, and before that I thought I'd miss Fre3 Hybrid De[Odex] v2.26b on my Note 3.
But MOAR made getting over Freeza's ROM easier and I've got no doubt the same thing will happen here.
Fre3 Rom for life!!! Loved that rom on the N3. And with cerj themes it was matched by none.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Over all I do love this phone. Sure bootloaders locked which means no custom roms at this time. But for real... I'm getting pretty decent battery life , can de-bloat unwanted apps, themes from Samsung are good enough for me. I got no lag with Nova and the phone is fast. No real complaints here other then Navbar in the way and hard to get to when in messaging. And that's just me. Definitely happy with my purchase.

demetrios3

Fre3 Rom for life!!! Loved that rom on the N3. And with cerj themes it was matched by none.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Over all I do love this phone. Sure bootloaders locked which means no custom roms at this time. But for real... I'm getting pretty decent battery life , can de-bloat unwanted apps, themes from Samsung are good enough for me. I got no lag with Nova and the phone is fast. No real complaints here other then Navbar in the way and hard to get to when in messaging. And that's just me. Definitely happy with my purchase.

I'm still adjusting to it... Has anyone figured out a way to hide the keyboard selector Icon on the Navigation Bar?
I must be hitting it by accident because a few times I've looked up to see the Select Keyboard box open while I've been entering text.

DaggettBeaver

Aug 3, 2011
Best phone I've ever had. The two things I don't like about it (location of the FPS and speakerphone quality) are bad but still good enough.

lp894

Nov 26, 2007
I love it. My only gripe is the form factor. I LOVED the form factor before this 18(.5):9 form factor. It's not for me at all. I mean.....i'm DEALING with it because ANY phone I get is going to have it. It was between this and the v30 since it's rocking the OLED display now.....but went with this due to the pen. Been a note owner since the 2....and the way I have to stratch my hands to access the top of the screen or "shrink" the screen with the triple home tap....idk. Just wish it was more "palm friendly". OTHER THAN THAT.........is it legal to marry electonic devices? LOL! I knew I'd like it anyway. Its just an updated version of the Note 7 except that retarded location for fingerprint scanning. but hey...i'll take it lol

jdrissel

Apr 7, 2011
Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 8, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it. :eek:

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Often my hands are full when I need light... I am sure most of you can relate.

One of the things I have tried to do with previous voice actuation systems was get the flashlight to turn on and off. As a fan of both Arthur C Clark and Harry Potter, of course I wanted to use lumos and nox for those commands if I could.

With Bixby, it worked almost perfectly until yesterday. Now Lumos searches for "limos". I though I could fix that with another quick command limos -> turn on flashlight.

But that does not work. Even with a quick command telling Bixby to turn on the flashlight when it heard limos, all that happens is some obviously paid content pops up.

It appears that paid results can disrupt your quick commands.

Samsung, if you are listening, disabling my quick commands to make a quick buck is not acceptable. Take the $, but make my command work too! Split the screen if you must, but when a user has created a quick command, DO NOT JUST TAKE IT OVER FOR A COMMERCIAL.

Other than that, best phone ever...

jpwhre

Aug 3, 2008
Tucson
Wow. My htc devices never did this. I just hit 15% battery. It's 4:50 pm on Sunday. I pulled it off charger yesterday morning. Every htc device I've ever owned (all I've ever owned since window 6) never last a single day.

My galaxy tab 4 7" I've had for over 2 years, I've seen go over a week, but it hardly gets used.

If only unlock bootloader was available in developer options, and Samsung had a developer's website like htc where they give you the tools to unlock bootloader and practically all the tools to root. That part makes me regret getting this device. Considered returning it and getting the newer crap htc is force feeding us (only reason I switched, they lost touch with users)

Top Liked Posts