Other than the removal of Knox and Sprint Itson, it is stock in almost every other way. This first build is stock and will stay that way. I may make a custom rom later on. This ROM is intended for people who want the stock rom in it's original form with the addition of root and removal of Knox & itson, as well as other members who need a good solid base for their rom projects. I give permission for other dev's to use this rom as your base and I highly recommend that you do so because it is bug-free and built from the official Samsung tar ball. However I do expect proper credit if you use this rom for any other project. If you discover any issues please send me a PM as I may not continuously monitor this thread. If you like my work please press that Thanks button, rate this thread, and consider a kind donation! Enjoy!
- Android 5.1.1 N920PVPU1AOGD_N920PSPT1AOGD_SPR
- Stock N920PVPU1AOGD kernel (root-permissive) by: @Manh_IT
- All factory installed apps including the Sprint Setup Wizard, etc are included. Nothing was removed except...
- Knox and Sprint Itson removed.
- Hotspot mod enabled
- Added camera shutter sound option in camera settings
- Added call/message block in settings
- Enabled call recording from the phone dialer
- Private mode works out of the box
- That's about it... for now. This should be as close to the original rom as possible.
I just wanted to let people know that Sprint "ID" is causing Carrier Setup Wizard to fc as well as ID itself. This is a known issue and it is caused by Sprint "ID". I have not been able to successfully deodex it. The apk doesn't like to be deodexed. Until ID has an update through Google Play or Sprint Zone I will not be able to update it in the rom. Once there's an update to ID please send me a PM and I will update the rom. Until then you will have to delete or freeze Sprint "ID" to stop the fc's. Sorry for this inconvenience. It is out of my control at this time.
If you are currently on the stock unrooted rom:
You ONLY need to flash the latest TWRP recovery ( for the N920P ) using odin on your pc. Nothing else. Then flash this rom afterwards. The ROM zip will pre-root your phone as well as flash the stock root-permissive OGD kernel by @Manh_IT
Flashing instructions: ***Before beginning the flash/setup process MAKE SURE your battery has at least 50% charge and/or connected to the charger!!!***
1. Backup anything you don't want to lose off your internal device storage to another location just to be safe.
2. Download the rom using your pc. (downloading with your phone has a much higher risk of file corruption. Not recommended with large files).
3. VERIFY the md5!!! Once the download has finished, compare the AFH md5 using a md5 tool on your pc. (Google "md5 checksum windows").
4. Put the downloaded rom onto your internal storage..
5. With phone powered off, reboot into recovery by pressing and holding volume up, power and the home button until you see the Samsung logo then release all buttons.
6. Once in recovery choose the wipe button and do a factory reset three times. Optional but recommended is to wipe "Data". This will wipe all of your user data such as google accounts so MAKE SURE you backed up first like I said in step #1 above! Next go to "advanced wipe" and select all of the partitions EXCEPT internal storage. Wiping Internal storage is optional but recommended in certain circumstances. The reason is to remove left-over data from previous version of Android and start with a clean slate.
7. Choose the "Install" option and select the rom "Sprint_Hybrid_N920PSPT1AOGD" from your internal storage. It will flash the rom and give a confirmation once completed.
8. Press "Reboot" then "reboot system". You should get no prompts or warnings about not having root.
9. Initial rom "optimization" may take several minutes while ART builds its cache and the phone will remain on the yellow Sprint Spark screen for about 8 to 10 minutes. Let the phone optimize for at least 10 minutes and the screen WILL eventually turn off or show the setup wizard once it finishes. If the screen turns off then simply turn it on and proceed to setup your phone.
10. Once finished with the setup wizard, wait a few moments and the phone will automatically install the Sprint apps. (I know... nobody likes that suff!) You must either "accept" or "disagree" with each and every google prompt for these apps or else the installs pause until you do so.. That's it! You're done!
flashing anything on your device is done at your own risk. There is no way myself or any other developer can guarantee that flashing this ROM or any other file will not brick your device or otherwise cause some other type of damage. This is just a standard warning. I am not responsible for anything that you do to your device.
[CENTER @tdunham for his initial kitchen updater script and his willingness to work together with me so we could tag team the initial dev'ing and testing phase. I must say it was a pleasure!
the same awesome group of testers which also are credited in T's OGD ROM thread found HERE. @Team DevDigitel @Chaz187 @fsunoles101 @JoeyDuran @GAPO @rlmiller @sml2004
Special thanks to: @Beastmode Brian for providing the updated google apk's i needed. Thanks a lot man!
If somebody was left out please let me know!
Sprint_Hybrid_N920PSPT1AOGD, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note5
tx_dbs_tx, @tdunham @Team DevDigitel
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: N920PSPT1AOGD
Based On: N920PVPU1AOGD_N920PSPT1AOGD_N920PVPU1AOGD_HOME.tar
Stable Release Date: 2015-09-06
Last Updated 2015-09-09