Boost Mobile APN fix - Galaxy S5

Search This thread

zaduma

Aug 18, 2010
Indiana, USA
I have found several values to change based on what I found in the stock APN settings for Boost Mobile that have allowed me to send SMS over 4g while on boost mobile network.

First make sure you have flashed moped_ryder universal boost apn fix.

At the bottom of your build.prop change the following settings.
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310000
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Chameleon
ro.telephony.default_network=10
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1

Notice that on the last line you will only be correcting a typo.

Do not change APN from moped Ryder's fix

Last edited:
Reactions: Kreatur3

Kreatur3

Mar 7, 2011
Washington
I have found several values to change based on what I found in the stock APN settings for Boost Mobile that have allowed me to send SMS over 4g while on boost mobile network.

Then in /system/etc replace the apns-conf.xml file (back it up first) with the one I have attached that is pulled from Stock Galaxy S5 for Boost Mobile. Reboot, and you are finished.

I'm guessing this is for using a rom like lineage? Does this change allow mms as well? That's the only reason I'm not on one of them. I need mms.

zaduma

Aug 18, 2010
Indiana, USA
I am using aokp mm. And yea, MMS is working. I wasn't even trying to fix that issue just happened to notice the different values. It's now working perfectly.

Kreatur3

Mar 7, 2011
Washington
I am using aokp mm. And yea, MMS is working. I wasn't even trying to fix that issue just happened to notice the different values. It's now working perfectly.

Hmm. I tried those steps on cosmic and I still can't send SMS or MMS. I'll try and see if lineage works. I flashed the APN fix. Made the build prop changes and replaced the config file you posted. I really liked this ROM too. But need SMS and MMS. It's the only thing keeping me on stock.

Nevermind. I can send MMS just not SMS. Now my girlfriend is wondering why I sent a funky image and can't tell her it was a test. Lol!

Last edited:

zaduma

Aug 18, 2010
Indiana, USA
Hmm. I tried those steps on cosmic and I still can't send SMS or MMS. I'll try and see if lineage works. I flashed the APN fix. Made the build prop changes and replaced the config file you posted. I really liked this ROM too. But need SMS and MMS. It's the only thing keeping me on stock.

Nevermind. I can send MMS just not SMS. Now my girlfriend is wondering why I sent a funky image and can't tell her it was a test. Lol!

I am sorry you do not need to change the apns conf file. I have removed it to prevent further confusion. But I am not sure what would be different between cosmic and aokp but I have working SMS/MMS/data/calls.

Cosmic is Android 7 while I have this working on 6. That may be the difference.

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 7, 2011
Washington
I am sorry you do not need to change the apns conf file. I have removed it to prevent further confusion. But I am not sure what would be different between cosmic and aokp but I have working SMS/MMS/data/calls.

Yeah figured it might be due to the android version. I'm going to try these steps on aokp n and see if it works. If not I'll switch to aokp mm.

Update: I can now confirm that thus doesn't seem to work on nougat ROMs. At least it didn't on cosmic or aokp. I'll go with aokp mm. I'm super excited to use any non stock ROM at this point. Thank you for sharing this information.

Last edited:

zaduma

Aug 18, 2010
Indiana, USA
It's no problem, I was having a different issue with data connectivity being disabled at random with a reboot being the only fix. I'm still having that so I went back to stock.

foleyj420

Jun 18, 2017
Im having issues with boost Mobile apn too.. Though i got sms,mms,data working on resurection remix 7.1.2 rom by just flashing the apn fix ..sms wont send if i restart my phone ..it remains on sending unless i make a call n hangup right away...weird... But i cannot get data, sms, or mms to work on cosmic rom, dreamux havint tried lineage...but i was really liking the way cosmic n dreamux rom looked.

Texas_Ace

Apr 1, 2012
I am having issues with Fredompop, since it looks like you have dived into the APN side of things, do you know how to view the stock APN settings in the stock rom? If I update the PRL in the stock rom it works fine. So I am guessing I just need to copy the settings to lineage.

The stock rom grays out the APN settings though so I can't view them.

Any way to view them or back them up?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Do not change APN from moped Ryder's fix