Can't determine the correct model of s5

Search This thread

khaledwx

Feb 15, 2016
Tunis
Hello everyone first time posting on her, anyway my brother in France sent me a Galaxy s5 it was running lollipop 5.0 so naturally i wanted to upgrade i did a manual update search but it said that's the recent one so i took a look under the battery and the stickers says my phone model is SM-G900T but when you boot in odin mode at the top it says the model is SM-G900P so i got confused after that i went to sammobile and downloaded marshmallow for both models and tried to flash them m. The T-Mobile's ​one failed odin said something about authorization but the sprint one went okay the phone works okay great in fact i rooted it and everything exept i can't get 4g to work only 3g i searched in the forums and found out about unlocking band 3 but i have to have an MSL code or something and i have no idea how to do that. The phone is unlocked by the way i live in Tunisia and get data and calls fine so my questions are
1- what's the correct model of my phone?
2- how to enable band 3 so i can get 4g on my phone?
Any help would be appreciated thank you guys

Poebat

Jan 15, 2016
Hello everyone first time posting on her, anyway my brother in France sent me a Galaxy s5 it was running lollipop 5.0 so naturally i wanted to upgrade i did a manual update search but it said that's the recent one so i took a look under the battery and the stickers says my phone model is SM-G900T but when you boot in odin mode at the top it says the model is SM-G900P so i got confused after that i went to sammobile and downloaded marshmallow for both models and tried to flash them m. The T-Mobile's ​one failed odin said something about authorization but the sprint one went okay the phone works okay great in fact i rooted it and everything exept i can't get 4g to work only 3g i searched in the forums and found out about unlocking band 3 but i have to have an MSL code or something and i have no idea how to do that. The phone is unlocked by the way i live in Tunisia and get data and calls fine so my questions are
1- what's the correct model of my phone?
2- how to enable band 3 so i can get 4g on my phone?
Any help would be appreciated thank you guys
You can try getting the MSL with this method: https://xdaforums.com/sprint-galaxy-s6/general/to-msl-t3553758 You'll need to be rooted and have ADB installed to your computer for this to work.