FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Solved] Sprint Galaxy s5 flashed incompatible custom recovery

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By RespecSpork, Junior Member on 16th July 2019, 01:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, I accidentally flashed an incompatible custom recovery to my Samsung galaxy s5 sm-g900p and it is stuck trying to boot to it and it starts up then bootloops and repeat. I have tried pulling out the battery and leaving it and the sim and SD card out of the phone for at least 1 hour and it continues to attempt to boot into recovery. I cannot boot the phone into download mode to flash the stock recovery to the phone, I looked on other threads for any solution and I have yet to see one with my particular problem.

I cannot take this to a sprint store to see if i can get it fixed as this phone was a gift and I don't have a sprint wireless plan. I want to be able too keep my apps and data on the phone without formatting it.

I am running a Magisk rooted, deodexed stock android 6.0.1 sprint galaxy s5 rom.

Edit: I got the phone to boot into download mode by pulling out the battery, sim, and SD card and leaving them out for 10 minutes and pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power and I got it into download mode hopes this helps anyone else!
20th August 2019, 09:11 PM |#2  
Flag Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks Meter: 506

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RespecSpork

Edit: I got the phone to boot into download mode by pulling out the battery, sim, and SD card and leaving them out for 10 minutes and pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power and I got it into download mode hopes this helps anyone else!

when this happens, you just need to hold the pwr, vol - and home button releasing the home button whenever it starts to boot. It could easily take 5 or 6 rounds of doing this until it gets to download mode, but itll eventually get there. No need to pull the sim or battery nor wait any amount of time
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)