Help unrooting and flashing a new rom

Search This thread

known2own

Mar 5, 2015
Hello, it's been some time since I've last rooted and flashed kernels on my devices. My device is having problems with certain apps and I feel it's time to update my root or change my rom or flash a stock rom etc. Here is what I am using now:

Build: MOAR v6.1 OA6
Software: G900PVPU1BOA6
Hardware: G900P.04
Android: 5.0
Kernel: 3.4.0-3859396

Would you recommend I unroot then flash a stock kernel? What is a new root I can use with this phone? Thanks

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
I would recommend Odin a fresh stock MM rom. Then boot to the desktop, by pass set up. Go to dialer ##72786# it will do a reactivate and update prl and profile.. Then Odin TWRP, and flash a new rom or your choice.. If you like MOAR then Odin a LP stock rom, and do as mentioned and flash MOAR 7.0 it works best. Right now, I'm running crdroid 3.8.5 baset off of Nouget with 7.1 gapps and it works very well You need the latest MM firmware to run it, and at least TWRP 3.2.1-0-ktle.img If you do flash crdroid download ktledv

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/unified-development/rom-crdroid-t2860894

Last edited:
Reactions: known2own

known2own

Mar 5, 2015
First off, thanks for the reply. I really appreciate the help. What's the battery life like on MM compared to Lollipop?

I would prefer to use something like a stock rom but just extremely debloated. I also want to be able to play pokemom go without problems and super su keeps giving me problems when trying to play. Do you know of any setups that would allow for pokemon go and are fast, battery effecient, and debloated?

andrew2432

I would recommend Odin a fresh stock MM rom. Then boot to the desktop, by pass set up. Go to dialer ##72786# it will do a reactivate and update prl and profile.. Then Odin TWRP, and flash a new rom or your choice.. If you like MOAR then Odin a LP stock rom, and do as mentioned and flash MOAR 7.0 it works best. Right now, I'm running crdroid 3.8.5 baset off of Nouget with 7.1 gapps and it works very well You need the latest MM firmware to run it, and at least TWRP 3.2.1-0-ktle.img If you do flash crdroid download ktledv

How's the mm baseband? I know the obvious response is updated is better but I experienced better LTE on the firmware I currently have, no idea honestly other than it's lolipop, maybe ok4? I want to upgrade phones but having trouble finding one with sprint newer that can be customized how I like so I'm also looking at playing with this one prior to and after getting maybe a pixel unlocked

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
How's the mm baseband? I know the obvious response is updated is better but I experienced better LTE on the firmware I currently have, no idea honestly other than it's lolipop, maybe ok4? I want to upgrade phones but having trouble finding one with sprint newer that can be customized how I like so I'm also looking at playing with this one prior to and after getting maybe a pixel unlocked

I would stick with Lollipop OK4 and flash MOAR 7.0. I to find better LTE and all around connectivity on Lollipop than MM.. I once again, went back to MOAR 7.0 from crdroid.. Crdroid is a great rom, but battery life, sucks, as well as connectivity on calls and data. When in aroma and you get to the point about the kernel, choose don't touch kernel, and finish from there. I never like MM and those are the reasons why.. Crdroid I flashed was 7.0 but naturally on the MM base band, but it was still the same.

Reactions: andrew2432

Fear_The_Fluff

Sep 30, 2014
Thanks sir nobody could really answer that for me. I found the ok4 of all lollipop got the best LTE where I live, plus I'm on sprint so I'm a bit restricted on ROMs, unified dev leave some bugs with sprints network but not too badly!!

You probably already know, but I will ask anyways. Are you using the KLTEDV version of the unified ROM? KLTE roms does not work very well with sprint.

andrew2432

You probably already know, but I will ask anyways. Are you using the KLTEDV version of the unified ROM? KLTE roms does not work very well with sprint.

Thanks! I'll make sure to read which I should use. My daily is still on MM while my old one that's kinda beat up is now on N as it us now the practice phone. Playing with it before Oreo, may stay for a while. And I installed kltespr on both devices as there were still options available for specifically this device with the spr tag. My CM 13 network is fine, no worse than just regular sprint...

Haven't tried the move to either N or O on my daily, worried about the signal discussion. I'll use an old kltespr to test before the newer maintained kltedv if its there probably to see how it goes.

Fear_The_Fluff

Sep 30, 2014
Thanks! I'll make sure to read which I should use. My daily is still on MM while my old one that's kinda beat up is now on N as it us now the practice phone. Playing with it before Oreo, may stay for a while. And I installed kltespr on both devices as there were still options available for specifically this device with the spr tag. My CM 13 network is fine, no worse than just regular sprint...

Haven't tried the move to either N or O on my daily, worried about the signal discussion. I'll use an old kltespr to test before the newer maintained kltedv if its there probably to see how it goes.

Unfortunately my sprint s5 is one of the phone with that signal issue. I was in the process of changing carrier so to try and fix that issue wasn't worth it for me. My new S5 did not have that issue, when i went to verizon, its a really weird bug.

andrew2432

Unfortunately my sprint s5 is one of the phone with that signal issue. I was in the process of changing carrier so to try and fix that issue wasn't worth it for me. My new S5 did not have that issue, when i went to verizon, its a really weird bug.

I think it took a bit to stat with the sprint APN, changed some settings, messed with some stuff, and it seems fine now, I'll have to remember to check back at that before upgrading. I'm on the ok4 baseband

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I would stick with Lollipop OK4 and flash MOAR 7.0. I to find better LTE and all around connectivity on Lollipop than MM.. I once again, went back to MOAR 7.0 from crdroid.. Crdroid is a great rom, but battery life, sucks, as well as connectivity on calls and data. When in aroma and you get to the point about the kernel, choose don't touch kernel, and finish from there. I never like MM and those are the reasons why.. Crdroid I flashed was 7.0 but naturally on the MM base band, but it was still the same.
    Thanks sir nobody could really answer that for me. I found the ok4 of all lollipop got the best LTE where I live, plus I'm on sprint so I'm a bit restricted on ROMs, unified dev leave some bugs with sprints network but not too badly!!