FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

"No SIM card - 31000" - Galaxy S5 G9000P

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Anwiday, Junior Member on 4th July 2018, 07:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Recently I have flashed my S5-G9000P for the first time with the Resurrection OS RR-O-v6.0.0-20180405-klte-Official.
After working alright for the first day or so, texts would not send. Then, at the top of my screen it says "No SIM card - 31000". I don't really know much about modding phones, so here is what I tried so far:
- Resetting the phone
- Removing the SIM card then reinserting, then resetting the phone again
- Resetting my mobile data options
So far these above options haven't helped the problem. I have looked at similar threads to this and none seem to have the same problem based on their descriptions.
Thanks for your time.

Phone - G9000P Galaxy S5
Android Version - 8.1.0
Kernel version (if that's important) - 3.4.113-lineageos-g592be94 (gcc version 4.9.x 20150123 (prerelease) (GCC) ) [email protected] #1 Thu Apr 5 13:41:19 CEST 2018
28th April 2019, 05:20 PM |#2  
Flag St. Francis, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 394

More
Mine did that out of nowhere also. Saying no sim card was inserted or some junk. I have never flashed custom kernels so maybe that is an issue. I tried reflashing my custom rom I was running at the time (the one in my sig at the moment) and nothing. I ended up reflashing the stock firmware in odin then booting straight to recovery and reinstalling my rom and that seemed to fix it. That happened twice and thats how I got it fixed.

I have since flashed the latest stock sprint firmware and then installed LineageOS 16 and it has not happened since but I have been having a ton of other issues with the phone, on both custom sprint roms, and LineageOS so pretty sure my phone is on its way out. Might have to do a motherboard replacement. Hope not though.

Good luck and report back.
1st May 2019, 04:07 PM |#3  
Flag Southwest, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 177

Donate to Me
More
Well I can State the Facts... has happened here tooooo..... on LineageOS 16 and 15.1. The only fix that I have done, which may help, is Rebooting the Phone.
Yep, tat was the only thing I actually have done, When and IF it happens.
Same thing though, "NO SIM Card" " Corrupt Sim Card" and I Tink there was another one too. All if which, (Knowing that it was running correctly, prior this) I just rebooted. maybe once, maybe like 3-4 times. before it actually goes away.

Now, knowing the phone was running correctly is the Key , I believe. IF your in the process of Flashing, yep, maybe restart that. However, if its running right an all, no reason to do any flashing. why--- Well, was built in the First run batch of them. the phone is rather good and all, cant even see me spending over a $1,000.00 for a new phone, that's Ficking Nutz !!! I am sure, they did built it to last a life time, but what is it, a cell phone built in 2012. Before my warranty was over, I rooted, and got rid of all thre Samsung crap. Ran smooth. Been Flashing ever since.....
9th May 2019, 07:39 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
E.4.113-LineageOS-g592be94 mobile data not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippie459MN

Mine did that out of nowhere also. Saying no sim card was inserted or some junk. I have never flashed custom kernels so maybe that is an issue. I tried reflashing my custom rom I was running at the time (the one in my sig at the moment) and nothing. I ended up reflashing the stock firmware in odin then booting straight to recovery and reinstalling my rom and that seemed to fix it. That happened twice and thats how I got it fixed.

I have since flashed the latest stock sprint firmware and then installed LineageOS 16 and it has not happened since but I have been having a ton of other issues with the phone, on both custom sprint roms, and LineageOS so pretty sure my phone is on its way out. Might have to do a motherboard replacement. Hope not though.

Good luck and report back.

You have in your signature a new rom, does that rom is working ok? The only thing that is driving me nuts is that I can’t have my data usage, I installed RR-O-v6.0.0-20180405-klte-Official on my gsm900M what do you suggest!?

Edited, i found it! just needed to edit the APN settings! i google them for my case that is Mexico, and now i have mobile data!!
16th May 2019, 11:01 PM |#5  
Flag St. Francis, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 394

More
Im still running lineageOS. I just havent updated my signature yet. I am going to be getting a new phone in the next week or so though. Pretty sure the motherboard (Internal storage) is taking a dump on me. Phone will work great sometimes for 2 weeks then apps start crashing like mad and only way to fix is to uninstall and reinstall and only way to fix it is to do a full wipe and reinstall the rom. Sometimes it will even start messing up within an hour or two. Things like google play services, the stock dialer, and bluetooth will randomly crash. I have tried just about everything. Different roms, going to stock software, nothing works. And when it tries to do do a backup in TWRP, it always fails in the data partition and always at different points saying it cant read the data partition or some junk. I forgot but I am giving up on it. I have another S5 but wont have it for another week or two.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)