FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Galaxy S5 SM-G900P- How Do I Downgrade To 4.4.2 From 5.0?

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Proxxemic, Junior Member on 29th August 2015, 05:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th February 2016, 10:32 PM |#21  
Flag New Brunswick
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrose1

i update my phone from 4.4.2 to 5 ok4 latest fw

and i lost my network

any solution?

can i downgrade to 4.4.2???????????

I'm in the same boat. Let me know if you found a solution.. I need to downgrade too to run SSU.apk to sim unlock my phone.
20th July 2016, 11:46 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Need an urgent help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anatoliy0813

Yes, you can go back to OG1 using Samsung Kies 3.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

I was able to install Clockworkmod recovery on Galaxy S5 SM-G900P running lollipop OG1 firmware using this method and then flash a custom 4.4.4 and 4.4.2 roms with recovery mode and flash NE5(for 4.4.2) and NK4(4.4.4) kernels with odin and also flash NE5 modem in order to install SSU.apk (Samsung Sprint Unlock) which unlocked the phone but i did not get a signal with T-Mobile sim card and with more research i found out that this unlock is not made for in USA but for international use.

I am unable to install clockworkmod recovery on galaxy s5 sm-g900p running OG1 firmware. everytime i flash the recovery it won't boot up in recovery.
20th July 2016, 08:09 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawad.amjad

I am unable to install clockworkmod recovery on galaxy s5 sm-g900p running OG1 firmware. everytime i flash the recovery it won't boot up in recovery.

Did you use the method i providing in the link? This one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2697523
22nd July 2016, 06:05 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anatoliy0813

Did you use the method i providing in the link? This one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2697523

Yes i read everything and tried with the odin and when i flashed the recovery, it won't boot up.. and yes i followed the thread and also ask the author the same question.
22nd July 2016, 08:11 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawad.amjad

Yes i read everything and tried with the odin and when i flashed the recovery, it won't boot up.. and yes i followed the thread and also ask the author the same question.

I don't remember exactly, but I believe mine worked using command prompt method to install recovery but failed with odin. Sorry for asking so many questions, you only mentioned you used odin, did you also try using command prompt with adb commands? Also in the link it says this "NOTE: Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode. Just do the entire procedure again if this happens. If it still will not install, make sure that in Odin "Auto Reboot" is not checked. Then after flashing, pull the battery, and boot with VolUp+Home+Power button to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process." You could be having the problem i quoted. If it still doesn't boot to recovery, you could try googeling for other CWM recovery files for your phone model maybe one of them will work, that's what i would do.
26th October 2016, 06:06 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Hey anybody tried to find just a kk bootloader for the smg900p? Wipe everything but system in recovery then flash the new bootloader with twrp or odin, wipe system, flash old kk rom in twrp or in Odin?
26th October 2016, 02:39 PM |#27  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 36,566

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew2432

Hey anybody tried to find just a kk bootloader for the smg900p? Wipe everything but system in recovery then flash the new bootloader with twrp or odin, wipe system, flash old kk rom in twrp or in Odin?

You can't go back to kitkat from 5.0. I can't remember which firmware started blocking it so if you are on a newer one more than likely, you can't go back.
The Following User Says Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdunham Ad-Free
26th October 2016, 02:55 PM |#28  

More
@tdunhan

I forget much smarter people than me have tried this much longer worked for another phone I had, thought combining the methods may help
26th October 2016, 05:08 PM |#29  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 36,566

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew2432

@tdunhan

I forget much smarter people than me have tried this much longer worked for another phone I had, thought combining the methods may help

I don't recall where the thread is for kk mini bootloaders. Look at jkruse profile, I think he posted some here.
The Following User Says Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdunham Ad-Free
4th November 2016, 06:12 PM |#30  
Flag Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks Meter: 499

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham

You can't downgrade from this firmware.

ive odin flashed PE3 and gone back to ok4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to youdoofus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift youdoofus Ad-Free
24th November 2016, 02:58 PM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdoofus

ive odin flashed PE3 and gone back to ok4

Awesome have you tried twrping back??

And a network glitch gave you two thanks from me, I'll leave it alone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)