Sprint S5 OC Kernel

Search This thread

KiiDPoLo

May 27, 2013
For the pass few days I've been looking for a compatible Kernel to OC my S5 (Sprint SM-G900P). I've found some kernels but I'm unsure if they're compatible with Marshmallow 6.0.1 which I updated OTA. I'm currently rooted and have TWRP Recovery installed. Also if it helos, the last update I instakked/ am currently on is G900PVPS3CQB3.

Youdoofus

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Samsung Galaxy S9
For the pass few days I've been looking for a compatible Kernel to OC my S5 (Sprint SM-G900P). I've found some kernels but I'm unsure if they're compatible with Marshmallow 6.0.1 which I updated OTA. I'm currently rooted and have TWRP Recovery installed. Also if it helos, the last update I instakked/ am currently on is G900PVPS3CQB3.

first off, i dont recommend ever instakking anything, its just uncouth ;) secondly, are you running stock touchwiz? if so, i havent seen any custom kernels for anything TW 6.0.1 and up.

Reactions: KiiDPoLo

KiiDPoLo

May 27, 2013
Yea im runnubg stock touchwiz Marshmallow 6.0.1. I was thinking ill be able to flash any kernel for the G900P but last android i did that to ended up bricked so i second thought that idea. Also other varients of the S5 already have OC kernels so how come this one doesn't ? ?

Youdoofus

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Samsung Galaxy S9
Yea im runnubg stock touchwiz Marshmallow 6.0.1. I was thinking ill be able to flash any kernel for the G900P but last android i did that to ended up bricked so i second thought that idea. Also other varients of the S5 already have OC kernels so how come this one doesn't ? ?

This variant of the S5 does have OC kernels, just not for touchwiz on 6.0.1 because development pretty much stopped for TW based ROMs after MOAR for the most part. Pretty forgotten phone now as the world has moved on with sprints unlocking policy and ineptitude. If you want to go AOSP, youre not short for choice tho. AOSP seems to be the preferred flavor for the G900P (probably easier to code), but AOSP fallsh short in a few key areas that makes me want to see more current TW ROMs available for it, but if i wasnt using this phone still, id not be in this area of XDA either. The problem that youre running in to is that TW based ROMs need TW based kernels.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

first off, i dont recommend ever instakking anything, its just uncouth ;) secondly, are you running stock touchwiz? if so, i havent seen any custom kernels for anything TW 6.0.1 and up.