[APP] Movie Mode

Search This thread

JoeyDuran

Jan 4, 2013
Spring
Hey what's up guys!
I have put together this app for those movie goers out there who don't like to be disturbed while watching a movie.

It's still in a beginning stage but works as I intended it to be for now.

The works:

This app is called "Movie Mode"

It's an app that works as a toggle. It has no user interface, You just put the icon on your home screen or wherever is easy for you to access.
Once clicked once it will activate and send your phone into vibrate mode, ignore all calls, and send the caller a text message simply saying:
"I'm watching a movie, I'll call you back after".

Then, after your movie is finished, you click the icon once more and it turns your sound back on and accepts calls again.

And that's it!

And if you have a Gear 2 smart watch you can add it through the launchgear app and be able to toggle from your smart watch.
If you enable notifications for the app you will recieve a quick notification on the watch saying either "Movie Mode ON" or "Movie Mode OFF"

Feel free to try it out and let me know what you all think about it! ?
Thank You

Credits:
rajah sulayman for the main idea,
my wife for letting me spam her phone trying to get it right :p,
@JoeFCaputo113 for the help,
@lanewhit for the meeting mode idea.
@willowmaker420 and all those who attempted to help out :good: thank you!

INSTALL: Just install like any other app. Make sure unknown sources is checked in your settings.

DOWNLOAD

Changelog:

1.1 - Fixed some minor bugs, and added a permanent notification (when active) in status bar with disable button for quick access.

1.0 - initial release

Other modes:
Meeting Mode
(works just like the "Movie Mode" it just changes "I'm watching a movie" to "I'm in a meeting"

Last edited:

lanewhit

Mar 4, 2011
This is a really cool idea. It would be awesome if you could make a "I'm in a meeting" version for those of us that would like what we are really doing to be on the downlow or even really in a meeting.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: JoeyDuran

JoeyDuran

Jan 4, 2013
Spring
This is a really cool idea. It would be awesome if you could make a "I'm in a meeting" version for those of us that would like what we are really doing to be on the downlow or even really in a meeting.

Here you go!
Meeting Mode

Wondering if I should create it's own thread.

Let me know what you think.
Also will update that icon for the app, I just kinda through it together for you to have. If you have any problems let me know ?

Last edited:

kmcphee

Jun 4, 2014
New Port Richey, Florida
Here you go!
Meeting Mode

Also will update that icon for the app, I just kinda through it together for you to have. If you have any problems let me know ?
Outstanding. I wonder I f you go roll this in with movie mode and what is the possibility for the user to add custom modes. GREAT WORK

Sent from my SM-G900P via XDA Premium 4 Mobile

JoeyDuran

Jan 4, 2013
Spring
Outstanding. I wonder I f you go roll this in with movie mode and what is the possibility for the user to add custom modes. GREAT WORK

That is actually what I had in mind for a future update. Once I get the user interface all figured out, that's an idea I had to have custom modes for the user to enter their own text.
But for now it's just a toggle

Reactions: kmcphee

JoeyDuran

Jan 4, 2013
Spring
Nice work. Just one question. I installed it and enabled it but it says I'm in a meeting not movie. I checked and rechecked and did the movie apk.

It's pretty cool. Wonder if it could be added as a quick setting?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk 2

Sorry I had a little mix up while updating both apps. All fixed and OP updated :)

Also, about the quick setting. I don't think that would be possible because not everybody runs the same rom. So in order for it to be in the quick settings, the rom dev of whatever rom you're running would have to put it in so everybody has it.

Last edited:
Reactions: netengineer

lanewhit

Mar 4, 2011
No problem! If you like it, check OP for updated version.
Just download and install. it will install on top of the previous one, so no need to uninstall :good:

Tested it out today and it works as advertised. Test call went to voice mail and it sent the text to the caller. Nice.

miked63017

Jan 30, 2011
St Louis
I would like to add this as a Notification tile in my CM12 build, do you have the source available anywhere publicly? I would obviously give credit where credit is due, let me know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey what's up guys!
    I have put together this app for those movie goers out there who don't like to be disturbed while watching a movie.

It's still in a beginning stage but works as I intended it to be for now.

The works:

This app is called "Movie Mode"

It's an app that works as a toggle. It has no user interface, You just put the icon on your home screen or wherever is easy for you to access.
    Once clicked once it will activate and send your phone into vibrate mode, ignore all calls, and send the caller a text message simply saying:
    "I'm watching a movie, I'll call you back after".

Then, after your movie is finished, you click the icon once more and it turns your sound back on and accepts calls again.

And that's it!

And if you have a Gear 2 smart watch you can add it through the launchgear app and be able to toggle from your smart watch.
    If you enable notifications for the app you will recieve a quick notification on the watch saying either "Movie Mode ON" or "Movie Mode OFF"

Feel free to try it out and let me know what you all think about it! ?
    Thank You

Credits:
    rajah sulayman for the main idea,
    my wife for letting me spam her phone trying to get it right :p,
    @JoeFCaputo113 for the help,
    @lanewhit for the meeting mode idea.
    @willowmaker420 and all those who attempted to help out :good: thank you!

INSTALL: Just install like any other app. Make sure unknown sources is checked in your settings.

DOWNLOAD

Changelog:

1.1 - Fixed some minor bugs, and added a permanent notification (when active) in status bar with disable button for quick access.

1.0 - initial release

Other modes:
    Meeting Mode
    (works just like the "Movie Mode" it just changes "I'm watching a movie" to "I'm in a meeting"

Here you go!
    Meeting Mode

Here you go!
    Meeting Mode

That is actually what I had in mind for a future update. Once I get the user interface all figured out, that's an idea I had to have custom modes for the user to enter their own text.
    But for now it's just a toggle