1st April 2016, 03:47 PM |#101  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Rosommon, MICH
Thanks Meter: 3,606

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcasarin

I just updated my g928p and I wish I could root it, does anyone knows if the root for lollipop work for marshmallow?

Use this Recovery and flash the latest SuperSU zip. I flashed the Beta 2.68
2nd April 2016, 06:37 PM |#102  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 322

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benny3

Okay, do we flash this with Odin? Is there anyway to root our phones on Marshmallow without the use of a computer? Like is there any apps out there on Google Play that will allow me to flash this recovery?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
2nd April 2016, 08:14 PM |#103  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Rosommon, MICH
Thanks Meter: 3,606

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperkill

Okay, do we flash this with Odin? Is there anyway to root our phones on Marshmallow without the use of a computer? Like is there any apps out there on Google Play that will allow me to flash this recovery?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Yes flash with Odin, I know there is a Mobile Odin but i'm not sure if it supports the newer phones
29th April 2016, 09:08 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've very new to this world. I rooted my SM-G928P before (on Lollipop), then when I tried to remove root I got stuck on the yellow Sprint screen. I'm told that's called 'soft bricking'. Either way I had to download marshmallow online and install it using a version of Odin. I'd like to root again and it looks like this is the post that talks about rooting marshmallow on this specific phone. If I download 'TWRP' file posted by benny3 what version of Odin do I use? Is there a walkthrough on this? After doing that am I rooted? I thought TWRP was some sort of recovery/backup software... Thanks in advance for the clarity and direction, I guess I just need a bit of hand holding.
4th May 2016, 04:33 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I don't see a response so I thought I'd add more detail. I've tried using this walkthrough
http://www.recovery-mode.com/root/ho...rshmallow.html
Odin kept getting stuck on the writing nand part. Can anyone help me figure out how to root my SM-G928P with Marshmallow please?
2nd June 2016, 01:54 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benny3

im on g928pvpu2bpd2 can i root this with this method im doing this for a friend because he soft bricked it and took me some time to find the tar file..This boot.img how to do do it thru odin do you have to extract it and odin because i tried that and didnt work never recognized it then i odin the zip file but just stayed on the splash screen. i can install twrp without a problem just wondering about this boot.img or if there is a root process for this build.thanks any help would be helpful.
6th December 2016, 05:49 AM |#107  
Flag Fayetteville
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
any info or proof of root on pk1?
11th December 2016, 12:18 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDKYX

I don't see a response so I thought I'd add more detail. I've tried using this walkthrough
Odin kept getting stuck on the writing nand part. Can anyone help me figure out how to root my SM-G928P with Marshmallow please?

Enable OEM unlock option from Settings -> Developer options and also enable USB Debugging. once you rooted it, don't ever disable this options. If you disable developer options or disable oem unlock, when you rebooting it, you will get the error message "custom binary blocked by frp lock".
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)