Originally Posted by GTOFerrari
I had this problem with a Sprint S6 Flat too, what I did to fix it was to download an older firmware where the S6 was gettin signal then extract the modem.bin from it and flashed it in odin, restart the phone and got signal
Wow really thought this was gonna work, many thanks... I did as you said and was very hopeful... once I flashed the modem the phone did come up with a signal and I could make calls but now the phone does not switch from GSM to LTE back and forth. If I have it on (Automatic) LTE/Data works fine, as soon as I try to make a call it goes to 3g then just signal up but it does not make the call and then it wont bring back LTE, stays on 3g... I'm dying here with this! If I put it on GSM / UMTS I am able to make calls but no Data...
I did do it with the 6.0.1 as it was, I gonna try this, do a factory reset, flash a clean version of the 6.0.1 and then flash the modem to see what happens.
Again, many thanks GTOFerrari, by far the best option TO FIX this I have see to date.
---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------
Originally Posted by Nanakwameampong
How did you extract to get the modem?
Yeah, I was curious as to how to do that as well, spent sometime in google but I found the way, and it is actually very simple. You download the firmware from which you would like to extract the modem. Then with WinRAP or any software like that you find the firmware and click extract on a folder cause about 5 files extract from it or so and you will see the modem.bin file there. Now, the issue was how to flash the bin file through Odin, it does not say "Phone" anymore like previous versions of Odin, so more google time spent and what I ended up doing was converting the .bin file to TAR and then flashed it through Odin clicking on AP like always. I found a software called PeaZip that converts the .bin file into TAR... There's probably a way to flash it through Odin as a .bin file clicking on one of the other options BL, CP (probably this one CP) or CSC but I don't know which represents "Phone" for sure so I converted the file as instructed on another XDA thread and that's how I did it.
Hope this helps, and again, the props on the solution goes to GTOFerrari...!