[Guide] How to get your MSL code

Search This thread

Poebat

Jan 15, 2016
Alright so I was bored and started poking around trying to find a way to get the MSL. Well after a couple hours of trail and error, I got it! Here's how.
You will need: ADB, ADB Drivers, and a rooted device.
Plug your phone into your computer.
Run the following (in CMD) :
1: adb shell
2: su
3: am start com.sec.hiddenmenu/.Program_Edit
It should open a menu with your MSL at the bottom. Hope this helped!

Last edited:

Poebat

Jan 15, 2016
How To Find Your MSL Code

MOD EDIT: Post moved. Please do not create duplicate threads for the same topic in the forum.
Edit: yeah, I wasn't sure if it was 100% working. I made a new post after confirming.
Hey guys, I found a way to get the MSL code for your G920p to edit the DATA menu (##3282# in dialer)

Requirements:
* Rooted S6
* ADB Installed + Drivers
* USB Cable

Steps:
Open CMD / Terminal and run the following:
1. adb shell
2. su
3. am start com.sec.hiddenmenu/.Program_Edit
Scroll down to the bottom and you should see "Service Programming Code" this is your MSL.
I hope I helped! If I did, please press the thanks button! I took me awhile to find this! Let me know if you find anything else interesting in this menu.
Also, I wouldn't recommend playing around with the other settings unless you know what you are doing.

Last edited:

Johnrob011045

Oct 15, 2013
Using idoneapps you can find your msl without rooting. Just downgrade to Lollipop and run the app. Price is roughly $20 to $30 for the app. No avoiding this price unless rooting and using the old idoneapps.

Johnrob011045

Oct 15, 2013
Are you sure? I've downgraded mine to Lollipop from Marshmallow. There's certain updates that are locked because the binary level is lower than what's on your device. AOCF doesn't work. Just try the PD2 update.

Reactions: Jimmy1life

Johnrob011045

Oct 15, 2013
The pd2 is for idoneapps you have to talk to the guy and pay him. He might settle for $25 $20.

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

If the app doesn't give you the msl, you can flash a lower firmware, I'll check which one I have that works and read the log of what the app did after it unlocks your phone. The msl, will more than likely be in the log.

Johnrob011045

Oct 15, 2013
Galaxy S6 Edge + and Note 5 was updated to Nougat. All we're waiting for is the edgeless version of the software to release. Maybe in another week..

Lesking72

May 20, 2017
Jacksonville, FL
what do I put here

Thanks, it worked for me after about three hours of trying to find my MSL or enable tethering, including rooting my phone in the first place. I made an XDA account just to thank you :) Also, it worked for me typing it in the Terminal emulator on the phone

Last edited:

osirus1977

Mar 4, 2011
Glenview
MOD EDIT: Post moved. Please do not create duplicate threads for the same topic in the forum.
Edit: yeah, I wasn't sure if it was 100% working. I made a new post after confirming.
Hey guys, I found a way to get the MSL code for your G920p to edit the DATA menu (##3282# in dialer)

Requirements:
* Rooted S6
* USB Cable

Steps:
1. adb shell
2. su
Scroll down to the bottom and you should see "Service Programming Code" this is your MSL.
I hope I helped! If I did, please press the thanks button! I took me awhile to find this! Let me know if you find anything else interesting in this menu.
Also, I wouldn't recommend playing around with the other settings unless you know what you are doing.
Thank you so much! This worked like a charm! I am having difficulty getting my phone unlocked to work with T-Mobile. I have called Sprint to give my phone Domestic Sim Unlocking 2 days ago and I still get an invalid sim card error when I insert my Tmobile sim.

Poebat

Jan 15, 2016
Thank you so much! This worked like a charm! I am having difficulty getting my phone unlocked to work with T-Mobile. I have called Sprint to give my phone Domestic Sim Unlocking 2 days ago and I still get an invalid sim card error when I insert my Tmobile sim.
YW :)

also, are you on 6.0.1 or 5.1.1?

osirus1977

Mar 4, 2011
Glenview
Call sprint about it. They are supposed to unlock your phone once your contract is up... Do you still have a sprint plan? Your phone needs to be activated in order to do this.
I finally got a hold of a very good sprint customer care this morning and she unlocked the phone right away and my tmobile sim is working. Although I need to research why I can't uninstall sprint call utility or voice mail. I have my phone rooted and using Skyhigh kernal for android nougat. I try dialing 611 to get to tmobile customer care and it reroutes me to sprint.

Poebat

Jan 15, 2016
I finally got a hold of a very good sprint customer care this morning and she unlocked the phone right away and my tmobile sim is working. Although I need to research why I can't uninstall sprint call utility or voice mail. I have my phone rooted and using Skyhigh kernal for android nougat. I try dialing 611 to get to tmobile customer care and it reroutes me to sprint.

Install Titanium Backup to uninstall system apps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright so I was bored and started poking around trying to find a way to get the MSL. Well after a couple hours of trail and error, I got it! Here's how.
    You will need: ADB, ADB Drivers, and a rooted device.
    Plug your phone into your computer.
    Run the following (in CMD) :
    1: adb shell
    2: su
    3: am start com.sec.hiddenmenu/.Program_Edit
    It should open a menu with your MSL at the bottom. Hope this helped!
    How To Find Your MSL Code

Requirements:
    * Rooted S6
    * USB Cable

Steps:
    1. adb shell
    2. su
    Using idoneapps you can find your msl without rooting. Just downgrade to Lollipop and run the app. Price is roughly $20 to $30 for the app. No avoiding this price unless rooting and using the old idoneapps.

Sadly I can not go back to 5.1.1. samsung locked the bootloader and I am stuck on 6.0.1
    Are you sure? I've downgraded mine to Lollipop from Marshmallow. There's certain updates that are locked because the binary level is lower than what's on your device. AOCF doesn't work. Just try the PD2 update.

Will do ;)