FORUMS

930U Firmware for all phones!!! New Update

969 posts
Thanks Meter: 407

By lvpre, Senior Member on 30th July 2016, 02:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
930U FIRMWARE

Those of you on Sprint that have been locked into the Sprint only firmware now can go back to the beloved U firmware...or flash a carrier firmware of your choice. If you are still on b4, I would stay, but if not, now is the chance to install the U firmware.

I'll put the files in this Google Drive folder

1. Download Odin3_v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD.zip

2. Download SM-G930Ub9.zip (this is about 3 gigs)
SM-930GUXAA_A.zip is the newest bootloader b10.

3. Extract both zips

4. Open Odin

5. Place the files from SM-G930Uxxxxxxxx.zip into the correct BL, AP, CP, CSC blanks.

6. Put phone into download mode (power, home, volume down)

7. Connect phone to computer. Odin should now say phone is added. If not, install the Samsung phone drivers

8. Press START. This process will take about 10 minutes

9. Phone will reboot with new U firmware and Oreo installed.

AdHell AdBlocker

1. Download two apk files from this folder
2. You need a Samsung Key

Sign in here with your Samsung account.
Go here to view your keys or generate new ones.
Click on Generate License Key. (Left corner)
Go to Samsung SDK section.
Select Development license key
Give the key a name in Add a key alias
Press Generate license key
Copy the key. The key should start with KLM
I copied it into Google Keep
3. Install and Open the other apk that isn't adh3v3.1.1.236_79a11719.apk
4. Select an APK File
5. Go to the file name adh3v3.1.1.236_79a11719.apk
6. Click Common Edit
7. Change the package name to com.XXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXXX replace the Xs with random letter/numbers. remember the first set has 8 replacements and the second set has 9.
8. Press Save
10. Click Install
11. Give permissions if asked
12. Click Enable Admin inside Adhell
13. For the code, put in the KLM key you just created
14. Accept the Samsung terms
15. Adhell should be working

HotSpot

1. download the QuickShortcutMaker app from the playstore.
2. Search for lte
3. Expand com.test.LTEfunctionality
4. Click on the new com.test.LTEfunctionality
5. Press Try
6. Scroll to LTE APN Settings
7. Click APN2 LTE internet (may be different outside of sprint)
8. Scroll to APN Type
9. Add " ,dun " The line should show read < default,mms,dun >
10. Click 3 dots to save

Random Questions/Answers:

1. Is it multi-csc? Yes, it should support any US carrier if your phone is carrier unlocked

2. Wifi Calling/VoLTE supported? Wifi Calling=yes; VoLTE=not sure, sprint doesn't support it.

3. Are XXX bands used with my carrier unlocked? All bands with major US carriers appear to be working. You can follow this guide for unlocking additional LTE bands to confirm or unlock more international bands. Change the dial code for the USB settings to ##3424#
__________________________________________________ ______________________________
Old Stuff

The "U" Firmware will work on any G930 Galaxy S7 (basically, USA variants) and is the Samsung Galaxy Touchwiz OS without carrier bloat. There is Samsung Bloat, but some can be uninstalled or disabled with a program like Package Disabler Pro or just disable it under application manager.

This should not trip Knox and will allow you to flash back to your original stock firmware. Warranty should not void, but I'm not responsible for bricked devices, exploding batteries, crying babies, Earth crushing meteors. If you have a question, best to ask it first!

There is an OTA to PG9 after you install this firmware. Feel free to upgrade after you flash this!

Installation:

1. Download
Updato Firmware Website
or
Sammobile Firmware Website
or
PL2 Firmware Google Drive (post 365 for MD5)
2. Extract files. May be best to download files over a wired connection!

3. Open ODIN and place the BL; AP; CP; CSC from the rar in the corresponding slots.

4. Place phone in download mode. Power + Vol Down + Home

5. Connect Phone to computer

6. Odin should recognize your phone. If not, you need to download and install the Samsung Driver Files

7. Press Start

8. It should flash the "U" Firmware.

__________________________________________________ __
Pit Mapping Error Fix

1. Download the Pit File Here
1a. You will have to down the Sprint PE1 firmware from Pit File Here or Pit File Here
The bootloader changed from v3 to v4 after the PGx update. If you are going to odin the latest firmware, you shouldn't have any issue. Going back to PGx to PCx/PEH will require this.

2. In Odin click the tab that says "Pit"
3. Odin will pull up a Warning dialogue. Click ok.
4. Click the long rectangular "Pit" button to select the pit file
5. Select the file that says "HEROQLTE_USA_SPR.pit" from the files you downloaded from my link.
6. With the pit file nw included, Add the AP, CP, and CSC files again and flash. (may need to reboot and go back into download mode)
7. Now odin the older 'U' firmware

HotSpot

1. Download Shortcut Master Lite
2. Search for LTEfunctionality
3. Click on com.test.LTEfunctionality
4. Launch
5. Scroll down to LTE APN Setting
6. Add " ,dun " to APN2 LTE and EHRPD internet under APN type. That line should read default, mms, dun when you finish.
7. Native Hotspot should work. You may have to do this hack again if you update Profile.

Ad Blockers

None of these block ads on Youtube completely. Some will let you route through their servers to filter ads on Youtube via a VPN.

1. Adhell Uses Samsung Knox to block ads and trackers. Blocks most things on webpages and apps (no youtube), but saves a ton a battery since it doesn't require VPN. Also, it is FREE and well supported!

2. Disconnect Pro Similar to Adhell, but a paid app. Search the Galaxy App Store to buy it. Uses Samsung Knox too.

3. Ad Guard. Best I've used, but is a paid app for the good features.

4. AdClear. Some have had success with this, I've had mixed results.

5. BlockThis! Works well, but caused issues on some webpages.

Youtube Ads

This doesn't block ads, but it does silent and auto skip them. Cygery

Skip Tracks With Volume Keys

1. Frinky Music Controller Allows you to skip tracks with screen off.
2. Noyze Not sure if still being developed, but works. Let's you skip tracks by long pressing with screen off.

Voicemail Issue

I use Google Voice, so this worked for me. It is/was free to integrate your number with Google Voice...highly recommend if they still do it.
Install this apk for Sprint Visual Voicemail apk It will give you an error, but will take away the annoying voicemail notification. Then you can just hide the notification in the android settings and your problem will be solved. May work if you have regular voicemail, but probably not since it needs to write to system.

Doze Related

Remember to whitelist apps you want running in the background...like Pandora, Google Music, etc. I would leave them off at first and if it cuts off when the screen is off, you need to white list it.

For me, these both work best together and I saw a difference running both as opposed to either solely.

1. ForceDoze puts your phone into doze mode without the motion detectors and 30 minute wait. Great app! Does require you to install adb (adb installer) since you have to run a command to get it to run properly. Check Disable motion sensing and turn off while charging

2. Greenify The auto hibernation works great if we had root, but we don't. It works, but can be extremely annoying at times and can drain battery because it may continuously try to force stop/close an app you greenify. Plus, it will take a few seconds to re-unlock your phone immediately after you turn off the screen. However, I use it with force doze for the aggressive doze. I saw a difference in battery life by using them both.

Other Tips

Besides the obvious of gmail/facebook/whatspp/twitter/snapchat syncing

1. Turn off wi-fi scanning
2. Back up my data for Samsung and Google under back up and reset
3. Turn off some features under advanced features in settings...for example, palm swipe to capture if you never use it
4. Location History under Location
5. Change locating method...I leave mine on GPS, wi-fi, mobile, but some people want more battery life and turn it off.
6. Turn on developer options and change animations to 0.5
7. Turn off Always on Display under settings > display. I like it, so I leave it on...but takes about 2% an hour

Old stuff

Has anyone tried the 930U firmware for our Sprint phones (930P)? They seem to have success with it (935U) over at the Sprint S7 Edge forums.

On the Edge forums, they said you can root, but it messes with LTE/call abilities. However, it removes all Sprint bloatware and apparently allows for hotspot tethering.

According to the Edge forums, it is the universal firmware, so it should work on any qualcomm chipset phone. The firmware is for the Galaxy S7 Special Edition ( Link to Sprint site about it )

Anyway, here is the thread on the AT&T forum about it if you are interested. Didn't see a thread or info about here, so I was just wondering.

1. Download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B17...ZSaUxaajQ/view
or
https://mega.nz/#!Gp9gXYKY!CQV9FcZTi...QFy-vbcjRrd5kA
http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...g930u-t3415875

Credit for links above (let me know if I left you out):
Ae3NerdGod
Tom Barrasso
Snoop05
cygery
Suyash Srijan
epicman_1200
turbozapekanka
jrkruse
micallan_17

If you have a good tip or trick, let me know and I'll add it to the OP for easy reference.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to lvpre For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lvpre Ad-Free
30th July 2016, 03:38 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
I flashed it on my G930P and its working very well. Samsung pay is also working. The only problem is that it didn't get the latest security update. Hope this helps.
30th July 2016, 04:27 PM |#3  
Flag New Albany
Thanks Meter: 82

Donate to Me
More
After flashing...does data, calling, texting and all that work fine?
The Following User Says Thank You to Euronymous88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Euronymous88 Ad-Free
31st July 2016, 06:47 AM |#4  
FrEsNo CA
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euronymous88

After flashing...does data, calling, texting and all that work fine?

Ive had this issue..i tried to find a way around it but nope, as soon as i flash the root file my phone reboots and all services r gone
31st July 2016, 04:34 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterlgk

Ive had this issue..i tried to find a way around it but nope, as soon as i flash the root file my phone reboots and all services r gone

Yeah, that's a known issue about rooting the U firmware
31st July 2016, 10:38 PM |#6  
Flag New Albany
Thanks Meter: 82

Donate to Me
More
What if I just flash the U firmware and don't root? Would data and all that work then?
1st August 2016, 02:08 AM |#7  
FrEsNo CA
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euronymous88

What if I just flash the U firmware and don't root? Would data and all that work then?

Yea it works that way..but once u root it, it breaks everything
1st August 2016, 11:23 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterlgk

Yea it works that way..but once u root it, it breaks everything

Can you Edit APN setting so the Hotspot will work or APN setting still Grey, I'm talking about flashing the Rom without Root, can I edit APN Setting?

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvpre

Has anyone tried the 930U firmware for our Sprint phones (930P)? They seem to have success with it (935U) over at the Sprint S7 Edge forums.

On the Edge forums, they said you can root, but it messes with LTE/call abilities. However, it removes all Sprint bloatware and apparently allows for hotspot tethering.

According to the Edge forums, it is the universal firmware, so it should work on any qualcomm chipset phone. The firmware is for the Galaxy S7 Special Edition ( Link to Sprint site about it )

Anyway, here is the thread on the AT&T forum about it if you are interested. Didn't see a thread or info about here, so I was just wondering.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...g930u-t3415875

Can you Edit APN setting so the Hotspot will work or APN setting still Grey, I'm talking about flashing the Rom without Root, can I edit APN Setting?
1st August 2016, 06:35 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Not without root on this firmware. Some have said Hotspot works without issue, but I had to use the hurry and turn it on at boot technique.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
1st August 2016, 09:56 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Mine is unlocked atm, running on koodo network. I was wondering if I try it and if I want to go back for some reason, how do you do that and will I loose my unlock?
2nd August 2016, 02:24 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvpre

Not without root on this firmware. Some have said Hotspot works without issue, but I had to use the hurry and turn it on at boot technique.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

how do you do it man (the hurry and turn it on at boot technique), I tried it many times, it's not working, any useful tips to make it work for me, by the way I'm on (G930PVPU2APE1), I really like the Hotspot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)