FORUMS

No LTE on Sprint network

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By mrshakurr, Junior Member on 17th February 2017, 05:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I ran the unlocked RUU on my Sprint phone and wasn't able to get service because of the radio and I reverted back to stock with Sprint RUU and I haven't been able to get LTE back. I've tried flashing Bad Boyz and Viper custom roms cause they support Sprint network but all I get is 3G. I tried editing APN settings but the only one that gives me an internet connection is the one I'm running and I only get 3G with that. I tried entering ##72786# on my dialpad for a reset but nothing happens. Anyone have anything new I can try to get the LTE back? I'm a newbie at this so maybe I missed something.
17th February 2017, 03:18 PM |#2  
You try *#*#info#*#* and try to change it from there?
17th February 2017, 06:49 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravyD

You try *#*#info#*#* and try to change it from there?

Yea when I put it on LTE only I get no service and CDMA & LTE just gives me 3G. I live in new york and my family has LTE on S7 and iPhone so that's not the issue. Last night when I was messing around with it I got LTE for 2 seconds and it went back to 3G.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrshakurr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrshakurr Ad-Free
17th February 2017, 06:53 PM |#4  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshakurr

Yea when I put it on LTE only I get no service and CDMA & LTE just gives me 3G. I live in new york and my family has LTE on S7 and iPhone so that's not the issue. Last night when I was messing around with it I got LTE for 2 seconds and it went back to 3G.

Update your profile / PRL
17th February 2017, 07:09 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trev23sks

Update your profile / PRL

Tried that already.
18th February 2017, 12:47 AM |#6  
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 147

More
You have to delete the modemst1 and modemst2 partitions then reboot the phone.

fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2

You have to be in bootloader mode and connected to the computer of course.

I did the same thing a few months back, my post is probably still floating around somewhere on here. Took me 3 days to find the answer above and get it back working normally. Haven't had any issues since though.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Link to my post and the quoted post that fixed my issue.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...3&postcount=45
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carrsteven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carrsteven Ad-Free
18th February 2017, 01:04 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
I've been trying for 2 days now I can't get LTE connection. If anyone knows a reason or a possible fix please help. I've tried 5 different roms including stock Sprint and US unlocked and the best I get is 3G connection. I've tried updating profile and PRL and ##72768# doesn't do anything.
18th February 2017, 01:05 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrsteven

You have to delete the modemst1 and modemst2 partitions then reboot the phone.

fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2

You have to be in bootloader mode and connected to the computer of course.

I did the same thing a few months back, my post is probably still floating around somewhere on here. Took me 3 days to find the answer above and get it back working normally. Haven't had any issues since though.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Link to my post and the quoted post that fixed my issue.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...3&postcount=45

Thanks, I'll try that and report back.

EDIT: I remember trying that last night but it didn't work for some reason but I just tried that and it worked I'm back on LTE. Thanks a ton.
18th February 2017, 01:11 AM |#9  
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 147

More
You're very welcome. It was super frustrating when I went through that. I almost used my insurance on the phone.

Sent from my 2PS64
23rd February 2017, 03:19 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshakurr

Thanks, I'll try that and report back.

EDIT: I remember trying that last night but it didn't work for some reason but I just tried that and it worked I'm back on LTE. Thanks a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrsteven

You're very welcome. It was super frustrating when I went through that. I almost used my insurance on the phone.

Sent from my 2PS64

I have this problem too after I flashed the developers version of Nougat and Marshmallow. I was stuck with 3G, sometimes I would switch to LTE and then it would go right back to 3G.

I deleted the modemst1 and modemst2 and rebooted. At first the phone complained that it could not find any data signal. So I updated the profile and phone rebooted. After reboot and I NO signal and the No Sim icon was active. I did the *#*#4636#*#* and the phone was on WCDMA (preferred). I could not change it from this setting and the phone would reboot after 10 minutes.

I flashed the factory Sprint ROM and deleted the modemst1, modemst2. After reboot and the initialization screen I had LTE! Amazing. Then the phone went through the activation process and rebooted. It booted up and displayed the No Sim icon and now I have no service, again.

What partition do I need to delete and in what order? As carrsteven said, this is really frustrating and I just want my phone back to normal.
27th February 2017, 01:50 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck95

I have this problem too after I flashed the developers version of Nougat and Marshmallow. I was stuck with 3G, sometimes I would switch to LTE and then it would go right back to 3G.

I deleted the modemst1 and modemst2 and rebooted. At first the phone complained that it could not find any data signal. So I updated the profile and phone rebooted. After reboot and I NO signal and the No Sim icon was active. I did the *#*#4636#*#* and the phone was on WCDMA (preferred). I could not change it from this setting and the phone would reboot after 10 minutes.

I flashed the factory Sprint ROM and deleted the modemst1, modemst2. After reboot and the initialization screen I had LTE! Amazing. Then the phone went through the activation process and rebooted. It booted up and displayed the No Sim icon and now I have no service, again.

What partition do I need to delete and in what order? As carrsteven said, this is really frustrating and I just want my phone back to normal.

I finally fixed it!

fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash radio xxxx.img

RUU to the factory Sprint ROM. Do not use the zip, use the actual .exe file and let Windows do the installation.

Go through the setup and it should be good. If your phone activates and you get the No Sim icon, erase the modemst files, flash the radio and try again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)