Problem Registering with Network after flashing GPE ROM

Search This thread

realnsleo

Oct 16, 2014
HTC U11
ASUS ROG Phone II
Hi There,
I have been scratching my head for weeks now with no luck after searching hundreds of times for a solution and I hope I can find it here today. I purchased an Sprint HTC One M8 from Best Buy together with an unlock code. I received the phone in Africa and I was excited to try it out. However, when I put in my local carrier Sim Card I could not receive an unlock code request. I tried many fixes but I did not get anywhere.

After days of trying one fix after another, I decided to unlock the bootloader successfully, install a custom recovery (TWRP), I was also able to achieve S-OFF using sunshine's tool and write CID to 1111111. After that I tried different kinds of unlock methods like using config.dat and using the Sim Unlock Helper tool. But no luck.

I went ahead and flashed my device with the Sprint M8 GPE 5.0.1 ROM. I was successful and I noticed under settings - cellular networks I am able to see all network operators in my region. However, when I try registering with my carrier I get a "Sim Card can not connect to this network" message. I do not know why.

When I dial *#*#4636#*#* and access phone information, I selected GSM only in preferred network type. Under select network band there are only 4 options: Automatic, USA Band, Band mode 6 and Band mode 7. I selected Automatic.

I have literally tried everything I can think of as I am kind of new to this. I really hope someone can point me into the right direction in unlocking my device once and for all. I love the phone and I do not wish to sell it off. Please let me know if there is any more information that I can share. Thanks for your time!! :)

robjuh007

Sep 18, 2012
Hello,

Are you still having this problem?? Cause if you do I am really curious if you found a fix for it? I am experiencing the same problems. A friend of mine gave me this One M8 which has no owner anymore so i decided to fix it. I replaced the screen due to water damage and did bootloader and root succesful. I can also see my network providers but as soon as I try to register it also says "Sim card cannot connect to this network". Who has the ultimate fixxx???

Greetings,

Rob