FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC M8 unlocked US brand doesnt get updates, S-OFF and CID 11111111

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Vijaym191, Junior Member on 1st April 2016, 10:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
I have HTC M8 unlocked US mobile, now I am in India, My mobile doesn't get updates, My device is running on KitKat, I can not update firmware, My mobile getting poor WIFI, Bluetooth and network signals, Is it hardware problem or software?? I haven't update my firmware.
In bootloader I got these information
UNLOCKED
M8_WHL PVT SHIP S-OFF
CID-11111111
Please help me for getting updates and updating firmware.
I don't know the exact carrier but i think Its Sprint Harmon, Now I am using Local Network (Indian)

2nd April 2016, 06:48 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijaym191

Hello,
I have HTC M8 unlocked US mobile, now I am in India, My mobile doesn't get updates, My device is running on KitKat, I can not update firmware, My mobile getting poor WIFI, Bluetooth and network signals, Is it hardware problem or software?? I haven't update my firmware.
In bootloader I got these information
UNLOCKED
M8_WHL PVT SHIP S-OFF
CID-11111111
Please help me for getting updates and updating firmware.
I don't know the exact carrier but i think Its Sprint Harmon, Now I am using Local Network (Indian)

Could you please help me ? How do i find suitable RUU for this device ? could you give me path, I have tried with HTC\US website, but could not update.
2nd April 2016, 07:51 AM |#3  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 11,770

Donate to Me
More
Hello,
I move your thread from XDA Assist to the correct section.
Flash the latest Firmware from here...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2729173
6.20.651.3 Modified Firmware...removed boot & recovery (fastboot flashable) for non Harmon Kardon
or
6.20.654.3 Modified Firmware...removed boot & recovery (fastboot flashable) for Harmon Kardon
Follow the instructions in the thread above to flash correctly.

Then run the matching RUU and you should be updated to MM.

Do at your own risk...please read and understand what you will be doing before starting.

Sidenote you can use either version because you are s-off and supercid. If you do indeed had the Harmon Kardon Edition if you decide to use the non H/K firmware and RUU you may loose some audio quality.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sloth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sloth Ad-Free
2nd April 2016, 03:39 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
If i try this RUU, will my mobile get block ? because I am in India and my Device is form US.
Could you tell me how to start update step by step when UNLOCKED S-OFF and CID 111111111
2nd April 2016, 07:16 PM |#5  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 315

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If i try this RUU, will my mobile get block ? because I am in India and my Device is form US.
Could you tell me how to start update step by step when UNLOCKED S-OFF and CID 111111111

No, using official RUU should not block your sim. However if the battery is very low or the phone gets really hot, sometimes the phone blocks the Sim.(you will have to downgrade back since you are soff and unlock again the sim)

Regarding the step-by-step, it's there in the thread @Sloth linked in his reply.

Side note to read for entertainment: Something which I do and is DANGEROUS is place the phone ON a SEALED ice pack, and place some layers of tissue papers between to absorb any dew precipitating on the ice pack. Do this at your own risk and CLOSE observation. This may seem funny or ridiculous, but the whole process might take 30-60 minutes, and if the phone is plugged in and gets hot, it can even damage the battery.
3rd April 2016, 08:42 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Quote:

I can help you out . I am also using a sprint s-off htc m8 and recently upgraded to latest firmware .. where are you from in india ??

Sent from my htc_m8 using XDA Forums
The Following User Says Thank You to sonnu0100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sonnu0100 Ad-Free
3rd April 2016, 04:12 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnu0100

I can help you out . I am also using a sprint s-off htc m8 and recently upgraded to latest firmware .. where are you from in india ??

Thanks dude,/
I am from Pune...
4th April 2016, 06:56 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Quote:

Thanks dude,/
I am from Pune...

M from delhi .. dnt worry its pretty easy to upgrade your firmware to latest .. post a pic of your bootloader screen so that your original carrier can be determined.

9th April 2016, 03:25 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnu0100

M from delhi .. dnt worry its pretty easy to upgrade your firmware to latest .. post a pic of your bootloader screen so that your original carrier can be determined.

I have sent you bootloader plz check you Message

Thanks
11th April 2016, 08:59 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

I have sent you bootloader plz check you Message

Thanks

hey guys i have the same issue. same version and everything. how did you manage to get the latest upgrades? and i have already tried using custom rom from both wolla and viper. both got installed without any hiccups but the wifi wont work in anyone of them. also the phone gets moderately warm during normal operations and considerably hot. are you guys facing the same issue. pls help.
27th April 2016, 09:39 AM |#11  

More
Same problem but my phone is showing locked in fastboot.
Same problem but my phone is showing locked in fastboot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)