FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][OMS-rootless][Candy7][M7_ALL_VARIANTS][N]

1,606 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,489
 
By gimmeitorilltell, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Contributor on 25th October 2016, 11:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread


This is Candy7. Built straight from source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM. We aim to add more features as this project progresses.



@gimmeitorilltell @NoSpamDan @kdp162 @CertifiedBlyndGuy @axxx007xxxz @Flashalot @rohitporoli @Venomtester



ROM
DEVICES/KERNELS

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

FEATURES
  • Recents:
    • Multi-window
    • OmniSwitch
    • Immersive mode
    • Clear all button
    • Memory bar
  • Advanced power menu:
    • On The Go Mode
    • Screen record
    • Adjustable dialog background shade
    • Sound panel
  • Expanded desktop
  • Lockscreen:
    • Battery charging current overlay
    • Adjustable shortcuts
    • Weather (OmniJaws)
  • Statusbar settings:
    • Ticker (disable heads up when in use)
    • Weather panel
    • Clock/battery configuration
    • Traffic indicators
    • Quick settings tile config
    • Immersive messages
    • Force expanded notifications
    • Carrier label
    • Tap to sleep
  • Buttons settings:
    • Long-press/double-tap actions
    • Volume rocker
    • Playback control
    • Volume key answer
    • Disable HW keys
    • Pie control
  • Navigation bar:
    • Adjust colors
    • Smartbar/fling
    • Pulse
  • Screenshots:
    • 3 finger
    • Adjust framing
  • SlimLauncher

More to come, we are never done...

Flashing Steps:

Coming from another rom
1) Download Candy7.zip (See Post #2)
2) Download 7.1.2 Gapps (optional - See Post #2))
3) Boot into recovery (TWRP)
4) Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
5) Flash Candy7.zip
6) Flash Gapps
7) Reboot

Updating from previous Candy7 release
1) Download Candy7.zip (See Post #2)
2) Boot into recovery
3) Flash Candy7.zip
4) Reboot

IMPORTANT - PROBLEMS/ISSUES:
If you have issues, I need the following:
  1. Logs from your (logcat, last_kmsg, dmesg) linked to on pastebin.com or hastebin.com, showing the failure.
  2. A clear description of the steps that I need to take to exactly reproduce the problem.
Please DO NOT complain about problems and offer nothing to help fix it. I reserve the right to ignore you for not following insructions...


NO ETA REQUESTS!

* See Post #2 for Downloads

* See Post #3 for FAQ/Known issues


-Please give first boot a good few minutes.
-Still in Beta stage with new additions and fixes being added constantly...


Special thanks to LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni, TeslaROM, and all the rest who make their source open. We can't do this on our own.

A Special thanks to those who have contributed:
@nospamdan
@TeamAndroid14
@Steveromingagain
@kgaipal
Anyone else that should be named here Please notify me via Hangouts or email & I will be glad to place your name here. I am not skipping anyone intentionally.

XDA:DevDB Information
Candy7, ROM for the Sprint HTC One

Contributors
gimmeitorilltell
Source Code: https://github.com/CandyRoms

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Status: Beta

Created 2016-10-26
Last Updated 2017-06-06
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to gimmeitorilltell For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gimmeitorilltell Ad-Free
 
 
25th October 2016, 11:48 PM |#2  
gimmeitorilltell's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,489
 
Donate to Me
More
Reserved



See Post #3 for a list of what is working or not if you have concerns. Thanks!


ROM:
Candy-m7spr-7.1.2-OFFICIAL

ROM:
Candy-m7vzw-7.1.2-OFFICIAL

ROM:
Candy-m7-7.1.2-OFFICIAL

GAPPS
CandyRoms Dynamic GApps
Open GApps (Pico recommended due to included packages)

RECOVERY
TWRP v3.0.0 or newer
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gimmeitorilltell For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gimmeitorilltell Ad-Free
25th October 2016, 11:48 PM |#3  
gimmeitorilltell's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,489
 
Donate to Me
More
Reserved
M7: Unknown at this time, you tell me?

M7SPR: This build is Permissive for now and the RIL is working. The Home button is NOT working "Yet". Most things seem to be pretty solid so far. Let me know what you may find not working?

UPDATE: The gapps I had linked was breaking the home button. New link is in the OP.
It seems to be Roaming but my device is not activated on the network.
My builds will be back up after an investigation.

M7VZW: Unknown at this time, you tell me?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gimmeitorilltell For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gimmeitorilltell Ad-Free
26th October 2016, 02:21 AM |#4  
Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmeitorilltell

This build is Permissive for now and the RIL is working. Yhe Home button is NOT working "Yet". Most things seem to be pretty solid so far. Let me know what you may find not working?

Been testing this out for the last half hour or so, overall it runs really well for a test build.
Here are a few of things issues I've noticed so far: No notifications show up in the notification bar, I'll get a vibration and sound when I get a text or email, but nothing appears up top. This might be more of a Gapps issue than a rom issue, but when I logged into my google account it didn't sync any of my contacts from my account. I also noticed that there is no lockscreen, which isn't really much of an issue anyway.
Overall I've been in the Android community for quite a while and this is by far one of the most complete test builds I've ever used. I'll continue my testing all day tomorrow and let you know of any other issues I come across
The Following User Says Thank You to bbacon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bbacon Ad-Free
26th October 2016, 03:15 AM |#5  
gimmeitorilltell's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,489
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbacon

Been testing this out for the last half hour or so, overall it runs really well for a test build.
Here are a few of things issues I've noticed so far: No notifications show up in the notification bar, I'll get a vibration and sound when I get a text or email, but nothing appears up top. This might be more of a Gapps issue than a rom issue, but when I logged into my google account it didn't sync any of my contacts from my account. I also noticed that there is no lockscreen, which isn't really much of an issue anyway.
Overall I've been in the Android community for quite a while and this is by far one of the most complete test builds I've ever used. I'll continue my testing all day tomorrow and let you know of any other issues I come across

I am currently flashing the rom again without gapps. I'm thinking the gapps linked is breaking things. I have a lockscreen & other things in my t6spr rom that is missing from this one. I appreciate your input as well.

EDIT: I just booted without the linked gapps and have a lockscreen. I'll see if I can find the gapps used on my T6.

Try these as they work on my t6 https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224385489
The Following User Says Thank You to gimmeitorilltell For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gimmeitorilltell Ad-Free
26th October 2016, 03:30 AM |#6  
Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
I just wiped everything and reinstalled it all, now I have lockscreen, notifications, and all my contacts show up, must have had a bad install the first time. Everything works great now. I did use the full version of Open Gapps this time too, so maybe that Gapps file was causing the issues
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbacon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bbacon Ad-Free
26th October 2016, 02:33 PM |#7  
Member
Flag Pula
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I gave up on updating after seeing there won't be an official 5.1 after all.. I settled with badboyz 5.0.1 ROM.
Here I am after almost 2 years, decided I could come and check if there is anything new made by good people..

And I'll be damned this awesome thread appeared just today, what a timing!
Even though it's a test ROM, seeing the @bbacon 's feedback, I guess I won't regret it if I flash it right away?
M7 is my main and only device though, would you recommend waiting for another update?
The Following User Says Thank You to Necroduss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Necroduss Ad-Free
26th October 2016, 02:42 PM |#8  
Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroduss

I gave up on updating after seeing there won't be an official 5.1 after all.. I settled with badboyz 5.0.1 ROM.
Here I am after almost 2 years, decided I could come and check if there is anything new made by good people..

And I'll be damned this awesome thread appeared just today, what a timing!
Even though it's a test ROM, seeing the @bbacon 's feedback, I guess I won't regret it if I flash it right away?
M7 is my main and only device though, would you recommend waiting for another update?

The M7 is currently my only device too. I've only noticed a few minor things here and there, but nothing that is even enough of an issue to post about. Today will be my first full day with it, so if you want to wait a day or two I'll let you know if I run into any issues at the end of the day today
26th October 2016, 04:23 PM |#9  
Member
Flag Pula
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbacon

The M7 is currently my only device too. I've only noticed a few minor things here and there, but nothing that is even enough of an issue to post about. Today will be my first full day with it, so if you want to wait a day or two I'll let you know if I run into any issues at the end of the day today

Awesome , I'd appreciate that!
26th October 2016, 07:02 PM |#10  
Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
I guess I spoke too soon, I was using this rom for about half the day and I've noticed a significant issue. For some reason I can't send any text messages on this rom. I can send pictures messages and group messages with no issue, but when I try to sent a text message to one person with no picture it fails every time. I've tried it with multiple different Gapps, and tried it without using Gapps at all, and every time it fails to send a standard text message. I thought at first it might be a bad signal, but the same place it wouldn't send the message I was able to make calls, send picture messages, and access the internet, so I think it might not be signal related. Other than this one issue though everything else was working great. I've gone back to a sense rom for the meantime
26th October 2016, 08:34 PM |#11  
Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbacon

I guess I spoke too soon, I was using this rom for about half the day and I've noticed a significant issue. For some reason I can't send any text messages on this rom. I can send pictures messages and group messages with no issue, but when I try to sent a text message to one person with no picture it fails every time. I've tried it with multiple different Gapps, and tried it without using Gapps at all, and every time it fails to send a standard text message. I thought at first it might be a bad signal, but the same place it wouldn't send the message I was able to make calls, send picture messages, and access the internet, so I think it might not be signal related. Other than this one issue though everything else was working great. I've gone back to a sense rom for the meantime

The SMS issue is not just limited to this ROM, it's also present on the Vanir ROM build that I'm using as my daily driver as well as a few others. Thanks for your feedback, any other significant issues you've noticed?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes