Install & run Android Marshmallow on the M7 - VanirAOSP ROM - UPDATED 4/24/16

Search This thread

anotherfakeusername

May 18, 2013
I bought a new phone, so I won't be using my HTC One much anymore. The battery is near death, so unfortunately it's of limited use as a cell phone.

I hope the rest of you take over and keep helping each other. Let me know if there's a way to hand off ownership of this thread. Take Care.

Belac77

Jun 26, 2014
I've just switched to Vanir from Candy6, and am very pleased. Everything seems to be working great. The only thing I miss is tap to wake, which must have been included in the kernel with Candy6. Has anyone tried anything to get tap to wake running on Vanir?

cfli1688c1

May 10, 2012

slimpyman

Nov 30, 2008
arlington heights, il
so there is a bunch of stuff like buzbeemvno, and mvnoslayer.... the slayer worked for me, i have riungplus, however, it seems everything works except outgoing text... data and lte is fine. i recieve texts fine as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is a way to get Marshmallow on the HTC ONE Sprint M7, it's called VanirAOSP ROM. This is a great in most ways, and it's now my daily driver, but be very careful, I almost bricked my phone a few times in setting things up. Here are some tips from what I learned.

Installation instructions (learned from this video, other sources, and hard work):
    1) Unlock bootloader.
    2) Install custom recovery like TRWP. If you have an old version of TWRP, upgrade it using TRWP Manager or Flashify.
    3) Download latest nightly ROM from http://www.emccann.net/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSPNightlies/m7spr/.
    4) Download gapps. Biker57 suggests gapps from http://www.emccann.net/dho/5-Gapps/ as it's supposed to cause fewer force closes. I believe 60arm-DHO-GAPPs.zip is the correct file name.
    5) Download SuperSU. Biker57 likes SuperSU v2.64 found here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64161125.
    6) Copy all 3 downloads (in .zip format) to the phone (internal storage, like the TWRP folder)
    7) Enter bootloader (volume down and power button), then select bootloader.
    8) Backup the current ROM, just in case things go bad like they did for me.
    9) From TWRP, enter advanced wipe and select system, data, cache, and dalvik cache. Do not select internal storage as you will lose your current backup and other zips if you do (there is an exception to this, as I did it, but I nearly bricked my phone). Now slide to wipe.
    10) Go to install, and first select the ROM's zip. Then choose add more zips and select the gapps zip you downloaded. Next select SuperSU. Now slide to install.
    11) Be patient during install.
    12) Wipe dalvik cache.
    13) Reboot to system (aka phone).
    14) Enable Developer Options (if you want), by going to Settings->About and hitting Build Number many times until it's enabled.

Known issues and workarounds:
    -Camera app force closes after taking a picture - the picture saves, so just reload Camera app. I've also had good luck using Z Camera then viewing the preview before hitting back to reenter the camera app.
    -Stock dialer FCs randomly - Install another dialer app, like True Phone.
    -Facebook and Facebook Messenger force closes - use mobile website, which actually isn't too bad, or try the instructions listed here.
    -Flashlight turns off after 3 seconds - use the cameras flash instead.

Known issues with no good workarounds:
    -FM Radio doesn't work.
    -Bluetooth audio doesn't work for phone calls most of the time.
    -Switching the battery mode causes the brightness to change randomly - don't ever switch away from balanced mode

Other stuff
    -You can find more about the updates made to Vanir ROM here.
    -It's risky to play around with the radio, but if you want to try it they are listed here.
    -Intersted in supporting Varin, you can donate here.

Please let me know if I missed anything. And feel free to copy freely if it helps others.

***disclaimer - follow at your own risk. I'm not responsible for what might happen to your phone. This is only a cheat sheet, and it's for reference purposes only.***
    First off, good tutorial. :good:

Vanir is a great ROM but this Sprint ROM still has a lot of bugs in it. I've used the first Vanir Marshmallow ROM to the most recent and a plethora of bugs have been squashed. But this ROM is still not DD ready, the camera , torch, gapps, browser and settings are broken. I am not saying this ROM is bad, just that its not fully ready yet. Depending on the dev, this rom should be DD ready in 2-3 weeks, they've been releasing more often now. Thank the developer if you know him but if you're the developer, thank you.

We should try to get the dev to see if they can put up a Vanir thread with change logs and the whole shebang.
    I'm glad this thread was started and the OP was done well. I've been using this ROM for a while and thought I'd pass along my thoughts and what works for me.

This rom has become my daily driver after learning how to fix a couple of issues. After the latest update of 2/18 the biggest issues of not having a cellular/data connection has been corrected. The only issues that remain for me at least are the camera and Facebook issues. Although the camera does force close it does so for me at least after the picture is taken and saved so it's all good for me. The Facebook issues are corrected by deleting a file in both the Facebook and Messenger file.

The following method works for me without boot loops or any other issues and hopefully will work for you too. I flash these all at the same time loaded in the order listed and don't forget to make a backup before you start just in case.

1 - Flash the 2/18 nightly just like you would any rom http://www.emccann.net/nuclearmistak...ghtlies/m7spr/
    2 - flash the gapps found here http://www.emccann.net/dho/5-Gapps/ and select the 60arm file near the bottom.
    3 - flash Super SU 2.64 found here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64161125 There are new versions, but the 2.64 has continued to work for me.
    4 - Reboot

As I said earlier this works for me and I've used this method with their roms successfully a number of times. Good Luck !!
    Thank the developer if you know him but if you're the developer, thank you.
    I'm not the developer, and I don't know the developer. But I would thank him or her if I could. I'm just interested in running Marshmallow on the M7. I will update the original post as I learn more so I can hopefully help others.
    SuperSU 2.65 through TWRP 3.0.0-0

Since my device is already rooted, would I be best off to install Super SU from the Play Store, then allow the app to upgrade through TWRP?
    I didn't install it from the Play Store, I just flashed this version (2.65) through TWRP 3.0.0-0 and it's working as expected :good: