FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

What kind of battery life are you getting?

1,297 posts
Thanks Meter: 267

By sauprankul, Senior Member on 10th November 2014, 12:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey everyone,

I was checking out the battery stats thread over at the m7ul forum, and I was blown away. People were getting 5+ hours screen time, no problem. Obviously, we can't reproduce their setups; our phones aren't compatible with their ROMs.

So, I thought this thread may come in handy for those of us struggling with battery life, and would like to know what kinds of numbers can be achieved. Post your battery stats here along with your setup. Include ROM, kernel, tuning, services, etc. please!

I know the Sprint M7 is kind of a dying community, but hopefully we'll get a lot of participants.
The Following User Says Thank You to sauprankul For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sauprankul Ad-Free
13th November 2014, 03:15 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Battery Low
*ahem*

Wow guys don't all post at once.

Anyway, I guess I'll just share mine to get you started.

As you can see, my battery life sucks. Not sure why, because I'm running SD 9 with Kangaroo, and I installed Amplify to reduce the Google Play Services Wakelocks. Also, power saver is on 24x7. If anyone has a recommended setup, that would be great. thanks!
14th November 2014, 04:58 PM |#3  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 64

More
install greenify this will help you significantly increase your battery life https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...greenify&hl=en
15th November 2014, 01:14 AM |#4  
Flag South Bend, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 29

More
The sound of silence...
Yeah, hopping place ya got here. LOL. I've ROM hopped all over the place, tuned and tried apps, prayed to the dark lords of battery power, all to no avail. The M7's battery life simply stinks. But, it's a supercomputer in your pocket, so I kinda have to think that's fairly amazing. I use power saver mode ALL the time, never have a need to crank it up, I turn my brightness down to the first bar on the quick toggle when I use it and the lowest setting for just glancing and messages, Beats off, NFC off, any radio I'm not using off, GPS off and in battery saving mode. I stream via Bluetooth for probably five solid hours at work and I can make it all day with some texting and make it home, so I can't complain. But, if I'm streaming, talking, surfing, and such, I'm glad I carry my charger everywhere I go.
15th November 2014, 02:14 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostinrags

Yeah, hopping place ya got here. LOL. I've ROM hopped all over the place, tuned and tried apps, prayed to the dark lords of battery power, all to no avail. The M7's battery life simply stinks. But, it's a supercomputer in your pocket, so I kinda have to think that's fairly amazing. I use power saver mode ALL the time, never have a need to crank it up, I turn my brightness down to the first bar on the quick toggle when I use it and the lowest setting for just glancing and messages, Beats off, NFC off, any radio I'm not using off, GPS off and in battery saving mode. I stream via Bluetooth for probably five solid hours at work and I can make it all day with some texting and make it home, so I can't complain. But, if I'm streaming, talking, surfing, and such, I'm glad I carry my charger everywhere I go.

Well you can't objectively say it's battery life "stinks" because there are definitely people out there getting absolutely incredible numbers in the int'l forum. I just wanted a Sprint specific thread so that we could replicate the setups of people having great success.
15th November 2014, 03:22 AM |#6  
Flag South Bend, Indiana

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauprankul

Well you can't objectively say it's battery life "stinks" because there are definitely people out there getting absolutely incredible numbers in the int'l forum. I just wanted a Sprint specific thread so that we could replicate the setups of people having great success.

Does CDMA use more power than GSM maybe? I've never researched that.
15th November 2014, 03:30 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Does CDMA use more power than GSM maybe? I've never researched that.

That's actually the reason I created this thread. I want to see if there are any Sprint users who can actually get that kind of battery life. So far, it seems that they can't.
I would hate for that to be true, but I've never seen a Sprint phone get those insane numbers. So, it's possible that Sprint's network is a battery hog. But we can't conclude that unless absolutely nobody posts a good setup.
15th November 2014, 05:38 AM |#8  
Flag South Bend, Indiana

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauprankul

That's actually the reason I created this thread. I want to see if there are any Sprint users who can actually get that kind of battery life. So far, it seems that they can't.
I would hate for that to be true, but I've never seen a Sprint phone get those insane numbers. So, it's possible that Sprint's network is a battery hog. But we can't conclude that unless absolutely nobody posts a good setup.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of us left, unfortunately. Must of the guys I knew when this thing was hot jumped to the M8 when it came out due to the problems this phone has. There's not alot of devs out there making ROMs either, though in HTC's defense, Sense 6 was so awesome there wasn't a huge need to go crazy. The one thing that has always been said though, is poor battery life. I'm on SkyDragon v 10 now with nagging wife kernel and I'm not too unhappy, I can post my stats for fun tomorrow. But, do us unstock guys count in your test?
15th November 2014, 05:57 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

There doesn't seem to be a lot of us left, unfortunately. Must of the guys I knew when this thing was hot jumped to the M8 when it came out due to the problems this phone has. There's not alot of devs out there making ROMs either, though in HTC's defense, Sense 6 was so awesome there wasn't a huge need to go crazy. The one thing that has always been said though, is poor battery life. I'm on SkyDragon v 10 now with nagging wife kernel and I'm not too unhappy, I can post my stats for fun tomorrow. But, do us unstock guys count in your test?

Yep, anyone who has a sprint htc one can post their stats and setup here. Im running the same thing as you. Hopefully after the settling i get something out of this.

Honestly, Im just desperate to find out if m7sprs can get the same battery life as those insane gsms.

So far, it seems like a no.
16th November 2014, 07:25 PM |#10  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 764

More
Check this out. http://blog.laptopmag.com/tmobile-ph...r-battery-life

Sent from my kangaroo powered Inverted ViperONE using Tapatalk 2
20th November 2014, 03:01 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNeckbone

Check this out. http://blog.laptopmag.com/tmobile-ph...r-battery-life

Sent from my kangaroo powered Inverted ViperONE using Tapatalk 2

OK @#$% this, I'm out.

Ugghhhhhhhhh why. I used to have TMo, was happy with it, got caught into sprint with gimmicks. I hate my life.

OK it's not that serious, but why is this?

8/5 means 60% EXTRA battery life. That would explain how the people in the international forums get such insane numbers.

So, what's the best we can do with our measly Sprint phones?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, comparison, m7spr, stats

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)