FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

What kind of battery life are you getting?

1,297 posts
Thanks Meter: 267
 
By sauprankul, Senior Member on 10th November 2014, 12:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd November 2014, 08:16 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 267
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muneebrocks

I have been trying to post in this waiting for my battery to die. :P
till then here I am at the 50% benchmark
I basically greenify everything with it to disable hibernation upon notification. and mainly use this phone for whatsapp and blinkfeed reading
I am using sprint phone but with a international gsm provider

What's your setup? Your phone seems to deep sleep REALLY well.
23rd November 2014, 08:25 AM |#22  
Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauprankul

What's your setup? Your phone seems to deep sleep REALLY well.

viper 7.0.1 with sprint device on gsm mode.
Then kangroo Kernel
and I have greenified almost everything with these settings on donation mode. its a $3 app but a huge battery saver
this way I still get all the notifications and dont miss out on anything and its like I dont even know I have modified my phone



upload a gif
23rd November 2014, 05:35 PM |#23  
EmSeeMAC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Should WiFi really always be on? It is usually a big battery drainer for my phone.
23rd November 2014, 06:03 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 267
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muneebrocks

viper 7.0.1 with sprint device on gsm mode.
Then kangroo Kernel
and I have greenified almost everything with these settings on donation mode. its a $3 app but a huge battery saver
this way I still get all the notifications and dont miss out on anything and its like I dont even know I have modified my phone

When you say "everything" do you mean literally EVERYTHING? Even system apps? Like Google Play Services and Android System/UI?
Because I use Greenify too but I still get pretty bad wakelocks (between 6 to 14%).
23rd November 2014, 10:20 PM |#25  
kansasboy001's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 727
 
More
I have Sprint and get pretty good battery life with xceed kernel 12 npr , viper 7.0, greenify donation, leendroid, cleanmaster, and du battery saver pro. With power saving and extreme power saving enabled I only get about a 20% drain in 8 hours.
23rd November 2014, 10:27 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 267
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasboy001

I have Sprint and get pretty good battery life with xceed kernel 12 npr , viper 7.0, greenify donation, leendroid, cleanmaster, and du battery saver pro. With power saving and extreme power saving enabled I only get about a 20% drain in 8 hours.

Do you Greenify system apps? Or just all your user ones? Because my phone crashes if I greenify system apps. Also, isn't cleanmaster a RAM cleaner ie unneeded?
23rd November 2014, 10:36 PM |#27  
kansasboy001's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 727
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauprankul

Do you Greenify system apps? Or just all your user ones? Because my phone crashes if I greenify system apps. Also, isn't cleanmaster a RAM cleaner ie unneeded?

I only greenify certain system apps, like maps, email, ex. I have been using clean master, to clear ram, then greenify it so it doesn't run in the background, I don't know if I need it or not.
23rd November 2014, 11:36 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 267
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasboy001

I only greenify certain system apps, like maps, email, ex. I have been using clean master, to clear ram, then greenify it so it doesn't run in the background, I don't know if I need it or not.

Oh OK so you only Greenify the system apps that should be user apps lol. Gotchu. I'll give it a shot; I'm about to try a fresh flash right now. I've never actually tried the "keep notifs" and GCM things. Do those work 100% of the time? It says "experimental". Also, does Music still work when Greenified?
24th November 2014, 12:05 AM |#29  
kansasboy001's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 727
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauprankul

Oh OK so you only Greenify the system apps that should be user apps lol. Gotchu. I'll give it a shot; I'm about to try a fresh flash right now. I've never actually tried the "keep notifs" and GCM things. Do those work 100% of the time? It says "experimental". Also, does Music still work when Greenified?

All of greenify's features seem to work fine for me. I would really reccomed using du battery saver also, it charges differently and seems to make the battery last longer.
24th November 2014, 12:55 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 267
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasboy001

All of greenify's features seem to work fine for me. I would really reccomed using du battery saver also, it charges differently and seems to make the battery last longer.

Cool. But just for the record, what percent of your usage is by "Android System" or "Kernel" according to GSam?
EDIT: It feels like I've asked this a bajillion times, and nobody has been able to answer this. :/
24th November 2014, 01:00 AM |#31  
kansasboy001's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 727
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauprankul

Cool. But just for the record, what percent of your usage is by "Android System" or "Kernel" according to GSam?
EDIT: It feels like I've asked this a bajillion times, and nobody has been able to answer this. :/

I just reflashed my Rom and will let you know tomorrow.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, comparison, m7spr, stats

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes