[GUIDE] [fixed] SIM UNLOCK after lollipop

Search This thread

Fayr

Apr 29, 2015
Check my older post I have a fix for the in an out signal and it reconnects automatically... Thank me later. Spread the word... It's well worth it. I use it.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Turns out that switching it to GSM Auto (PRL) made it automatically reconnect for turning data on and off, but data doesn't work after reboot until I repeat step 12.

DonChino

Jun 2, 2013
Viper ROM = DAS GUD

Not to derail the thread, but I think there is a fix in HUB - Addons.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=59839813&highlight=nfc#post59839813

EXCELLENT!!! It seems the Venom HUB has an "extra" to fix the NFC "bug" already, so now there is an option in my settings to turn NFC - ON or OFF which was missing before.

I think I might have to give the VIPER ROM a :good: for all Sprint HTC ONE m7.

I am crossing my fingers that the Peruvian SIMs work with VOICE and DATA, because I just need a reliable phone when I travel overseas since this phone does not seem to work in the USA.

Pannam

Nov 4, 2012
this thread is just for lollipop 5.x m7wls (sprint) based on sense roms
no need to S-OFF
if you are on kitkat or less here or here if you are on the stock ODEX rom

Everytime i reboot i keep getting this
Code:
Select "YES" to switch to global mode
Select "NO" to stay in the current mode

Is there anyway to remove this permanently ?

jacnsa

May 8, 2015
I get a network error

Hi all. I have been following this post. I manage to get the sim unlock menu, then I go to GSM options and I manage to retrieve the lis of the following operators in my country, but as I select any of them, I get the message Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network. Any clues on how to fix it? Thank you in, advance

EDIT: Now, I get the "non verizon SIM" message. Any ideas where did this come from? (see attach)

Attachments

• IMAG00572.jpg
    IMAG00572.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 658
  • IMAG00573.jpg
    IMAG00573.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 651
Last edited:

shako502

May 22, 2015
Thank you very much!!!

I bought m7 sprint a week ago. It was stock lollilop installed on it. I searched on web how to unlock sprint m7 and found this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2586704 but i didn't follow this instructions. I didn't want to change ROM because i had 2 reasons:

1. A long time ago when i changed ROM on other M7 it stucked and became fully unusable.
2. On my M7 was installed newest 5.0 ROM.

SO i searched more information about unlocking and found this thread.

I did following:

1. Unlock bootloader - htcdev (S-ON)
2. Flash TWRP
3. Root with SuperSU
4. Flash HtcOMADM_SPCS.zip (which was provided on this thread ) from TWRP
5. Download Terminal Emulator from play store : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm
6. insert GSM SIM Card on phone
7. run Terminal Emulator and type :
and grant it superuser permissions
then type:
am start com.redbend.vdmc/com.htc.omadm.test.TestMainActivity
8. After this get menu and in this menu choose "API"
9. Scroll down and tap on "simlock"
10. Wait some time, then reboot phone
11. Flash stock HtcOMADM_SPCS
12. start phone and type *#*#4636#*#* in dialer
13. Tap on "Phone Information" and then choose GSM Only or your prefered setting
14. reboot again and that's all!

My phone is now unlocked! Thank You!

Last edited:

shery9510

Jan 13, 2013
islamabad,pakistan
which is to flash first?

Kindly tell me which attachment is to be flashed first??
and also tell me m from pakistan so will i be able to operate gsm network here ?
i have same problem as in ur screenshots

RED (Y)

Jun 4, 2011
So any ideas how to make it work with ATT sim?Network selection menu is grey so i can't select ATT network.

animeva

Jun 24, 2009
anyone else not be able to make any actual calls after the sim unlock? i actually have 3 Sprint HTC One M7 and I did the sim unlock method on all 3 the same way. Two of them work fine, I can make a test call from a Tmobile sim card to the TMobile Customer service line.

However, one of them when I try to make a call, it just hangs there, no rings, no sound. After like 2 minutes, it just hangs up.

GNT01

Apr 20, 2013
I bought m7 sprint a week ago. It was stock lollilop installed on it. I searched on web how to unlock sprint m7 and found this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2586704 but i didn't follow this instructions. I didn't want to change ROM because i had 2 reasons:

1. A long time ago when i changed ROM on other M7 it stucked and became fully unusable.

I did following:

2. Flash TWRP
3. Root with SuperSU
5. Download Terminal Emulator from play store : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm

then type:

13. Tap on "Phone Information" and then choose GSM Only or your prefered setting

Thank you !!!!, I was able to sim unlock Sprint HTC M7 with Lollipop 5.0.2 in stock rom

eroda

Jun 22, 2015
Help sim unlock for rogers phone without S-OFF

This may not be the place to ask...
I have a Rogers (Canadian) HTC m7 with Android 5.0.2. I am trying to sim unlock it, and even tried to pay for one but got turned down as my IMEI was not in the database. So I've managed to unlock and root the phone using TWRP, my question is whether it's possible to sim unlock it without S-OFF like it's suggested in this post?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this thread is just for lollipop 5.x m7wls (sprint) based on sense roms
    no need to S-OFF
    if you are on kitkat or less here or here if you are on the stock ODEX rom

1 - you need just to unlock bootloader from htcdev.com

2 - TWRP or any other here is the TWRP for m7wls(sprint)

3 - flash SuperSU

4 - its time to flash HtcOMADM_SPCS

5 - install sim unlock helper.apk

6 - Insert your SIM card, you may see this massage No Network Found
    Code:
    Select "YES" to switch to global mode
    Select "NO" to stay in the current mode
    but do not worry since your phone dose not say invalid sim card . so now go to setting , mobile data . and chose GSM/UMTS only. tell now you wont see any signal , just scroll down to Available GSM netowrks ,then Search networks you will see a list of networks and only one that is available, chose it .
    now if you want to stop the annoying vDM crash massage flash the stock-HtcOMADM_SPCS .

Its better to relock your bootloader and flash the RUU rom so every thing works well and you wont see the No Network massage again .

That's it ^_*
    Wow! OP was edited with a fix 4 hours after I'd figured it out myself. Just made an account to clarify that you need to downgrade the radio if it's too new. I had a lot of trouble trying to unlock it before figuring that out (and I went through an entire series of downgrading and flashing multiple ROMs until I found it out). Here's a guide I made that worked for me.

Have an unlocked bootloader first with HTCDev like said in OP. There's no need to have S-OFF or downgrade anything except radio.

1. Install TWRP.
    2. Flash a lollipop ROM (I used Viper 8.0.0) using TWRP. (You can probably skip steps 2 and 3 if you're already on lollipop.)
    3. Once booted, go through first time set up.
    4. Restart into TWRP and install SuperSU.
    5. Reboot and flash the radio (1.00.20.0315_1.29.651.7.zip from elvisypi's thread) and then flash HtcOMADM_SPCS.zip (I used the 4.3 version from chas123) using TWRP.
    7. Reboot into System and install the com.viper.simunlockhelperfree.apk (Below; couldn't find where I got it from) then go to display log, press back, press start, then scroll down and press simlock. You could probably also do this using the Terminal method.
    8. Wait a few seconds until it unfreezes and reboot.
    9. Once rebooted, plug in your sim and go to the phone dial and put in *#*#4636#*#*. Go to Phone Information and set the network to WDCMA preferred. (It might spam you with "No Network Found," so just check do not show again and press No to switching to global mode.)
    10. Exit out and open Settings then go to Mobile data and make sure the Network mode is set to GSM/UMTS Only. Scroll down and go to Access point names. (Found steps 10-13 from savage25rcracer while searching through the forums.)
    11. In the APNs, choose your carrier and press back.
    12. Go to Available GSM networks and press Search Networks.
    13. Wait until it finishes and select your carrier.
    14. Now you should have service and you are now unlocked on lollipop. :D

One problem I have is that when data is turned off, it never connects back to data when turned back on and I have to repeat steps 9-13. Any help with that would be appreciated. I did this method with HBoot 1.61 and S-ON and I am using a T-Mobile Sim. Hopefully this works for you guys!

EDIT:
    Turns out that switching it to GSM Auto (PRL) made it automatically reconnect for turning data on and off, but data doesn't work after reboot until I repeat step 12.
    Thank you very much!!!

I did following:

2. Flash TWRP
    3. Root with SuperSU
    then type:
    am start com.redbend.vdmc/com.htc.omadm.test.TestMainActivity

I did following:

2. Flash TWRP
    3. Root with SuperSU

then type:

Thank you !!!!, I was able to sim unlock Sprint HTC M7 with Lollipop 5.0.2 in stock rom
    I don't know if this will help but have you tried dialing *#*#4636#*#* go on the option that says phone and change the preferred to gsm only or gsm auto

Thanks for the suggestion but I have done this as well.

I did manage to sort of figure it out. I found a post relating to this in a different post:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2386703&highlight=at&t&page=41

To search for available GSM networks:
    In settings, mobile data; set network mode to CDMA only. Once changed, set it back to GSM/UMTS and quickly go down to Available GSM networks and start the search. It will grey out if you don't do this quick enough. The next issue I came across is that even after finding the AT&T network, when you click on it to register to the network, it would throw an error "Operation Not Allowed". The solution is downgrading to a 4.1.2 rom.

To get voice, SMS, and data on AT&T, you need to be on 4.1.2 rom and the 1.01.20.0904_2 radio.