FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FIRMWARE] Sprint LG G3 LS990 ZV6 TOT, OTA and .IMG's

2,637 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,912

By autoprime, Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer on 21st November 2014, 06:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
ZV6 is out!! And NO this is not Lollipop... it's still Android KitKat 4.4.2

Quote:

Thanks to an anonymous donor we now have the ZV6 TOT. I have broken down the TOT and also uploaded the individual partitions which can be flashed if rooted. Speaking of root... ZV6 blocks Stump Root. If you wish to use ZV6 and have root you must install Bump'd TWRP while on ZV4 then manually flash the ZV6 boot/modem/system partitions... OR you may be able to root on ZV4 then take the official ZV6 OTA update and keep root -- the OTA has NOT been pushed yet so it is too early to say for sure. Remember to NEVER take an OTA if you have modified your SYSTEM partition at all (xposed/tethermod/etc) OR if you have TWRP installed.

Changelog:

• Google Security Patches
  • Qualcomm Security Patch
  • International Voice over WI-FI
  • Improve unlock algorithm when phone is in the pocket
  • Enhancements to the LG Home (Sluggish UI fix)
  • Enhancement to the compass application
  • Enhancement to the Auxiliary cable recognition.
  • Mobilize Device Content Caching - An application caches HTTP web and app data on the device (not the Network), making the retrieval of data faster and saving bandwidth on the network

--TOT (*.zip) can be downloaded *HERE*
Flash this TOT using the same method as ZV4. You will need to select "Board DL" in LG Flash, otherwise you will get stuck. After the TOT flashes it will reboot your phone into the "MiniOS".. unplug the USB cable and press and hold the power button on the phone then press on the "Normal Boot" option on your phones screen. You are now on stock ZV6. Remember... there is no root for ZV6 so do not flash ZV6 TOT unless you don't mind being without root.

--Individual ZV6 partitions to flash manually can be downloaded *HERE*
I am removing the system.img from Codefire but thanks to @budeone system.img has been mirrored HERE. Feel free to make more mirrors of system...

The bootloader does NOT need to be updated in order to use the ZV6 boot/modem/system images. It's completely optional to flash the bootloader files (aboot, sbl1, dbi, laf, factory, tz, rpm). To flash the boot, modem and system partitions manually someone can make some new flashable *.zips containing the partitions... OR you can use my "flash2" *.zips which can be found under the How-To Manually Flash/Update Device w/ System.img, Boot.img and Modem.img section in my *[PSA] NO OTAs!! | Keep Root/Unlock | How-To: Block OTA, DL SW/FW, Update Manually* thread. You simply stick any loose system.img and/or boot.img and/or modem.img on your internal sdcard and flash my premade flashable zips in TWRP to install them.

--ZV4-to-ZV6 OTA Update Zip can be downloaded *HERE*
You must have a stock recovery and stock system partition for this to work. Being rooted may be OK but if you've edited or removed apks or other files or edited the build.prop then OTA zip may fail the integrity check. Root may not stick thru OTA.. until someone confirms one way or the othe the risk is yours.

Directions:
1. Remove USB cable from phone.
2. Power phone off.
3. Press and hold volume down + power until you boot into stock recovery.
4. Select "update with adb"
Rename zip file into update.zip
Code:
adb sideload update.zip
Alternate Directions to skip using ADB (needs microSD card):
1. Format microSD card as EXT4.
2. Rename zip to update.zip
3. Move update.zip onto external SD card. EZ way would be to stick SD card in phone then connect phone to PC and use MTP.
4. Power off and boot into stock recovery (vol down + power)
5. Select the Update from SDCARD option.

Alternate Directions to skip using ADB (must have root):
1. Stick OTA zip file in the /cache directory
2. Power off and boot into stock recovery (vol down + power)
3. Select the Update from cache option... then select the update zip you placed in /cache

As mentioned above.. ZV6 blocks Stump Root. Bump is not blocked.. so as long as you have root with ZV4 you can manually update to ZV6 and keep Bump'd TWRP or flash any Bump'd kernel or rom. No anti-rollback has been added to this update either.. so downgrading to ZV4 works!

The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to autoprime For This Useful Post: [ View ]

21st November 2014, 07:53 AM |#2  
Flag Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 201

More
Autoprime. Thank you for your work. +1
21st November 2014, 12:24 PM |#3  
Flag Kansas City, MO
Thanks Meter: 130

More
I've tried using the flash2 with system, boot and modem imgs being in flash2 folder on the internal storage. But It says it successfully flashed them but reboot and nothing.

Nada. I don't believe its really flashing them since it goes really quick.
21st November 2014, 12:37 PM |#4  
Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Flag NE Ohio
Thanks Meter: 8,731

Donate to Me
More
Well, took me a bit to get back up and running... but yeah, not seeing much of a difference in this versus ZV4. (Well, except losing root since I'm impatient and flashed the TOT.)
21st November 2014, 12:38 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Interesting any major changes or is it a security update
21st November 2014, 12:41 PM |#6  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 1,548

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoprime

ZV6 is out!! And NO this is not Lollipop... it's still Android KitKat 4.4.2

I'll mirror when I get home from work today. Thanks man!
The Following User Says Thank You to I-IoLLoW For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift I-IoLLoW Ad-Free
21st November 2014, 01:44 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,769

Donate to Me
More
@autoprime I read all the above, but do you know if we take zv6, can we revert by .tot to zv4? I know there's been issues with that in the past.
21st November 2014, 02:19 PM |#8  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,912

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboy

I've tried using the flash2 with system, boot and modem imgs being in flash2 folder on the internal storage. But It says it successfully flashed them but reboot and nothing.

Nada. I don't believe its really flashing them since it goes really quick.

the flash2 files have a check in them to make sure the proper file is in its proper place before anything else.. this way it doesnt erase your partition if its not actually going to flash a new file. Perhaps the folder is named Flash2 with a capital F? If the folder is named "flash2" with lowercase f and is located at /sdcard/flash2/ on your phone.... and the files are named system.img modem.img and boot.img with all lowercase letters.. it should work. They have been confirmed working by many users across all G3 models.

If there is still an issue.. please provide a recovery.log if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine95

@autoprime I read all the above, but do you know if we take zv6, can we revert by .tot to zv4? I know there's been issues with that in the past.

No issues downgrading. There'd be giant red letters everywhere otherwise. But I have now added a mention in the OP that specifies downgrading is still an option.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to autoprime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2014, 05:52 PM |#9  
Flag Key West
Thanks Meter: 48

More
ZV6 upgrade went just fine, as you stated. No problems using flash2 stuff and let TWRP save the root. It seems to upgrade the Home launcher as well as the contacts database. It also upgrades the Sprint data-sharing activity. In other words, ZVF6 works fine, but is not a big update.
The Following User Says Thank You to scottyrick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scottyrick Ad-Free
21st November 2014, 06:52 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,769

Donate to Me
More
Flashable zip should be up tonight. Tomorrow at latest.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=56937777
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to engine95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift engine95 Ad-Free
21st November 2014, 07:35 PM |#11  
Fort Collins, CO
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I have a working compass!
I flashed the modem.img first with no apparent change, then the system.img... Shazammm! After calibration, the compass seems to be accurate. This was the big flaw for me on an otherwise lovely device and now it seems to be working. Now I can look forward to a Lollipop update.
The Following User Says Thank You to bgabel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bgabel Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)