ZV6 is out!! And NO this is not Lollipop... it's still Android KitKat 4.4.2
Thanks to an anonymous donor we now have the ZV6 TOT. I have broken down the TOT and also uploaded the individual partitions which can be flashed if rooted. Speaking of root... ZV6 blocks Stump Root. If you wish to use ZV6 and have root you must install Bump'd TWRP while on ZV4 then manually flash the ZV6 boot/modem/system partitions... OR you may be able to root on ZV4 then take the official ZV6 OTA update and keep root -- the OTA has NOT been pushed yet so it is too early to say for sure. Remember to NEVER take an OTA if you have modified your SYSTEM partition at all (xposed/tethermod/etc) OR if you have TWRP installed.
- Google Security Patches
- Qualcomm Security Patch
- International Voice over WI-FI
- Improve unlock algorithm when phone is in the pocket
- Enhancements to the LG Home (Sluggish UI fix)
- Enhancement to the compass application
- Enhancement to the Auxiliary cable recognition.
- Mobilize Device Content Caching - An application caches HTTP web and app data on the device (not the Network), making the retrieval of data faster and saving bandwidth on the network
--TOT (*.zip) can be downloaded *HERE*
Flash this TOT using the same method as ZV4. You will need to select "Board DL" in LG Flash, otherwise you will get stuck. After the TOT flashes it will reboot your phone into the "MiniOS".. unplug the USB cable and press and hold the power button on the phone then press on the "Normal Boot" option on your phones screen. You are now on stock ZV6. Remember... there is no root for ZV6 so do not flash ZV6 TOT unless you don't mind being without root.
--Individual ZV6 partitions to flash manually can be downloaded *HERE*
I am removing the system.img from Codefire but thanks to @budeone system.img has been mirrored HERE. Feel free to make more mirrors of system...
The bootloader does NOT need to be updated in order to use the ZV6 boot/modem/system images. It's completely optional to flash the bootloader files (aboot, sbl1, dbi, laf, factory, tz, rpm). To flash the boot, modem and system partitions manually someone can make some new flashable *.zips containing the partitions... OR you can use my "flash2" *.zips which can be found under the How-To Manually Flash/Update Device w/ System.img, Boot.img and Modem.img section in my *[PSA] NO OTAs!! | Keep Root/Unlock | How-To: Block OTA, DL SW/FW, Update Manually* thread. You simply stick any loose system.img and/or boot.img and/or modem.img on your internal sdcard and flash my premade flashable zips in TWRP to install them.
--ZV4-to-ZV6 OTA Update Zip can be downloaded *HERE*
You must have a stock recovery and stock system partition for this to work. Being rooted may be OK but if you've edited or removed apks or other files or edited the build.prop then OTA zip may fail the integrity check. Root may not stick thru OTA.. until someone confirms one way or the othe the risk is yours.
1. Remove USB cable from phone.
2. Power phone off.
3. Press and hold volume down + power until you boot into stock recovery.
4. Select "update with adb"
Rename zip file into update.zip
Alternate Directions to skip using ADB (needs microSD card):Code:adb sideload update.zip
1. Format microSD card as EXT4.
2. Rename zip to update.zip
3. Move update.zip onto external SD card. EZ way would be to stick SD card in phone then connect phone to PC and use MTP.
4. Power off and boot into stock recovery (vol down + power)
5. Select the Update from SDCARD option.
Alternate Directions to skip using ADB (must have root):
1. Stick OTA zip file in the /cache directory
2. Power off and boot into stock recovery (vol down + power)
3. Select the Update from cache option... then select the update zip you placed in /cache
As mentioned above.. ZV6 blocks Stump Root. Bump is not blocked.. so as long as you have root with ZV4 you can manually update to ZV6 and keep Bump'd TWRP or flash any Bump'd kernel or rom. No anti-rollback has been added to this update either.. so downgrading to ZV4 works!