[LS990] ZVA/ZVB/ZVC "One Click" Root Method

Search This thread

okn0tok

Sep 14, 2013
Medford
Is there a guide to restore stock for ZVA? I lost my stock backup, and have to get back to stock, not sure what to do to go back now.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aheeejd

Also worked like a charm for me. I've been rooted since day 1 of bump, probably about a year ago. Past couple of weeks I've had problems with my wifi connecting & dropping. I used lg flash tool & tot restore in hoping it would fix issue. It did not. So I re-rooted using this, piece of cake. Thanks op.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

aheeejd

So does this work for zvc or what? The reply with the link on page 3 of tbis thread goes to a 2 page thread. Page one someone links back here saying this works flr zvc. Then you look at last post of pave 2 & person says no this most certainly does not work for zvc.

In my post above, different g3, phone antenna broke, i tot restored etc. This new phone, picked up 3 hours ago, zvc & I hear restoring back could brick device

So I guess I'm asking is there any difference with the zvc on my broken device that I installed by taking OTA's, as opposed to zvc that came already on my new replacement phone thats never been rooted. Or is zvc, zvc

Last edited:

aheeejd

Here we go, of course, i knew id be having issues with a phone already on zvc out of the box, installed the drivers, rebooted, phone usb debugging on, diag mode enabled, charging only, & it fails at stat busybox or something, phone reboots & the interface just goes away on pc. Waiting for replys, hopefully it happens.
Are people just not into rooting anymore, I mean, zvc came out last november, & this is 4 pages long, with a reply from op back in December, yikes

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
Here we go, of course, i knew id be having issues with a phone already on zvc out of the box, installed the drivers, rebooted, phone usb debugging on, diag mode enabled, charging only, & it fails at stat busybox or something, phone reboots & the interface just goes away on pc. Waiting for replys, hopefully it happens.
Are people just not into rooting anymore, I mean, zvc came out last november, & this is 4 pages long, with a reply from op back in December, yikes

Your BEST option is Q1 and Q2 here.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=55225699

If you want to try and mess with zvc, then make sure you're "charging only". Disable/unselect MTP when plugging in.

aheeejd

Your BEST option is Q1 and Q2 here.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=55225699

If you want to try and mess with zvc, then make sure you're "charging only". Disable/unselect MTP when plugging in.

Thanks engine95, i tried the one click & it fails at something about busybox, it just reboots the phone. And the restore to zva, I'd love to, but the op in that thread said he's heard of people bricking device restoring. I restored my old device no problem, got to zvc by ota. Got new phone yesterday from Sprint repair & it was on zvc out of the box

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited:

aheeejd

Engine95, here's a screenshot of his reply from the tot restore thread, what's your opinion?

Attachments

• 1459354533635.jpg
    1459354533635.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 219

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
Engine95, here's a screenshot of his reply from the tot restore thread, what's your opinion?

It's been a while since I've done any of this, but here's what I remember.

I've used the tot, and ota to test some things with no problems. I didn't like something about it though so I tot back to zv4 with no problems. Rooted and unlocked zv4 any flashed whatever was current.

I know we can downgrade with no problems as it doesn't blow the qfuse. So unless Sprint has some new unleashed zvc, I don't think there's an issue.
But you never know for sure.

I'd flashtool zv4 if it was me and if there was issue then I'd be forced to flash tool zvc. Sprint is gonna use it to fix your phone anyway if needed.

But that's my opinion.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have updated my old script to root ZVB as well as ZVA. This should solve issues that some people were having.

Just extract the zip file, run the .bat file and follow the instructions. Should be pretty simple. Let me know if you run into any problems.

Note: If you are having issues with the script hanging try unplugging your phone and plugging it back in. That should help.

Prerequisites:
    Code:
    adb debugging
    LG drivers
    Diag mode enabled ##diag (makes things easier but you can do without it, eg. manual reboots.)
    I have yet to be able to root my G3. The files get pushed over to the device but after reboot I have to manually boot it into download mode but then the device never gets recognized by the script.. I am running Windows 10 and wonder if that could have an effect on how the LG drivers work??

On line 27 in the bat file, change
    Code:
    adb reboot
    to
    Code:
    adb reboot download
    That worked for me.
    I've been searching for a straightforward tutorial/instruction on rooting the LS990 ZVI, but no joy.

I was wondering if anyone has been successful with a particular tool or at least a straightforward downgrade.

Thanks in advance!
    Successful with ZVE version, with tweak

I just rooted a G3 with VZE version software. I tried a couple times and the process hung at the second place where it looks for the serial port. Per the suggestion of one of the posts earlier in this thread, I manually booted into download mode by turning off the phone, holding the volume up key and plugging in the USB cable. I followed the prompts from there and it completed the root. Thank you very much!