[SOLVED]Phone only boots into TWRP recovery. Can't get into bootloader or system!

Search This thread

TheInfamousWrong

Dec 26, 2014
Hi everyone. First time posting on the forums and unfortunately it's because of a major problem :( . So here's my situation:

A couple days ago I decided i would try to update my phone to 5.0 because the update was pushed OTA for the ls990. It supposedly installed with no error, but when it went to reboot it took me straight into my custom recovery. Now when i try to restore from backup, flash a new rom, or wipe the system it will say it was successful, but nothing will change and each time i reboot it takes me right back into recovery. I've tried booting into system or bootloader, but both of those options take me right back into recovery. If i pull the battery and wait then repower the phone it takes me right back into recovery. I need some help here because my phone is practically bricked, yet i still have access to ONLY recovery mode. During each reboot the LG logo does flash on the screen (not sure if that info is useful though). Here's what i'm running:

Specs:
Rooted and Bumped Sprint LG G3 (ls990)
Stock ROM
TWRP Recovery

Maybe this happened because it was a stock update and i didn't have stock android recovery for it to complete the upgrade? My /boot folder appears to be empty in TWRP, but im not sure if that's just because its not even mounting it or if im actually missing a kernel, bootloader, or something else. ANY help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

joeyhdownsouth

Apr 1, 2009
Creole State
Your gonna have to restore using this guide. It did happen because you were on custom recovery, anytime you want stock upgrade, you must unroot it and put stock recovery back on 1st. It's not bricked if it comes on, only softbricked, which can be fixed with download mode. That guide is well written.

sent from my LG G3

Last edited:
Reactions: TheInfamousWrong

TheInfamousWrong

Dec 26, 2014

Your gonna have to restore using this guide. It did happen because you were on custom recovery, anytime you want stock upgrade, you must unroot it and put stock recovery back on 1st. It's not bricked if it comes on, only softbricked, which can be fixed with download mode. That guide is well written.

sent from my LG G3

I reverted to stock firmware using the instructions on that thread and now everything is working! Thank you very much. :)

Now the only problem is that it seems the new sprint update patched the stump root exploit. Guess ill have to do the firmware flash again lol.

vitg

Jan 30, 2017
I have this problem in yunique i only instaled twrp and it is rebooted into recovery menu but i can't restart my phone it is always going to recovery menu when trying to restart

onelly234

May 31, 2019
Select reboot --> Boot to bootloader

When in fastboot

type

fastboot devices

then type

fastboot continue

This will fix the twrp loop issue.

Top Liked Posts