[Q] Help! I can't select MTP under USB options!

Search This thread

mutanthabesha

Mar 28, 2015
Hello, so this morning I was looking to transfer some files from my Sprint LG G3 to my PC. I couldn't get the computer to recognize the phone so I attempted to change to 'PTP' under USB options and revert back to Media Device/MTP, hoping it will work. However it didn't, and to make matters worse, I can't select the MTP option eventhough the it show under USB Options - everytime I select MTP it reverts back to either 'PTP' or 'Charge Phone'. The PC does recognize the phone as a camera/PTP and charges the phone but I can't get it work as a media device. I have tried uninstalling/installing the unified G3 drivers and toggled USB debugging on/off but it still not working. I have read somewhere that installing LG PC Suite does solve the issue (instead of the mobile drivers only) but I am not sure it does. Please help guys.

Mar 16, 2014
Hello, so this morning I was looking to transfer some files from my Sprint LG G3 to my PC. I couldn't get the computer to recognize the phone so I attempted to change to 'PTP' under USB options and revert back to Media Device/MTP, hoping it will work. However it didn't, and to make matters worse, I can't select the MTP option eventhough the it show under USB Options - everytime I select MTP it reverts back to either 'PTP' or 'Charge Phone'. The PC does recognize the phone as a camera/PTP and charges the phone but I can't get it work as a media device. I have tried uninstalling/installing the unified G3 drivers and toggled USB debugging on/off but it still not working. I have read somewhere that installing LG PC Suite does solve the issue (instead of the mobile drivers only) but I am not sure it does. Please help guys.

Try wiping cache in recovery and if that does not work.... Reinstall the ROM it could just be something went wrong along the way and it glitched..... You can also try shortcut master just search for "MTP" or "mtp" and try to find a shortcut that would enable it. Also try running *#*#4636#*#* in your dialer. It will make all of your carrier files and stuff like that update running that usually fixes a ton of problems.

mutanthabesha

Mar 28, 2015
Try wiping cache in recovery and if that does not work.... Reinstall the ROM it could just be something went wrong along the way and it glitched..... You can also try shortcut master just search for "MTP" or "mtp" and try to find a shortcut that would enable it. Also try running *#*#4636#*#* in your dialer. It will make all of your carrier files and stuff like that update running that usually fixes a ton of problems.

I tried wiping my cache in recovery, running the code *#*#4636#*#* and searching for 'MTP/mtp' using shortcut master but all attempts were unsuccessful. I am using Stock ZV4 but I have TWRP installed so I can backup and try factory resetting but I am not confident that would help. I am also saving that as a last resort so If anyone suggests other fixes please help.

Mar 16, 2014
I tried wiping my cache in recovery, running the code *#*#4636#*#* and searching for 'MTP/mtp' using shortcut master but all attempts were unsuccessful. I am using Stock ZV4 but I have TWRP installed so I can backup and try factory resetting but I am not confident that would help. I am also saving that as a last resort so If anyone suggests other fixes please help.

What kind of network are you using?

GSM or CDMA?

Jimmy50941

Oct 5, 2010
Do you have usb debugging enabled? Sometimes that causes it to not work for me, other times it works fine with it enabled.

Edit nevermind, I see you said you have tried it.

##3424# is diag mode enabled?

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Jimmy50941

Oct 5, 2010
Also, have you tried a different usb port on your computer? It will reinstall the drivers each time you change ports. Also, you should be able to select MTP without being plugged into the computer by going to storage in settings, and in the menu should be the pc connection settings. Does it do the same thing when not plugged into the computer?

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

Edit: I just tried a few different ways, DIAG mode enabled, USB Debugging enabled, each work, and at the same time, for me.
Below is the LG Drivers i have installed right now.

LGUnitedMobileDriver_S51MAN313AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.13.2.exehttp://tool.xcdn.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=UW00120120425

Last edited:

mutanthabesha

Mar 28, 2015
So I have tried per your suggestion - tries disabling DIAG mode and (again) tried switching USB debugging off - no change. I have also tried different USB ports and different computers too. Surprisingly I couldn't find 'PC Connections setting' under storage in settings. Also tried looking under security and developer options. The only way I can try switching to MTP is when I plug the phone into a PC and a 'USB Options' menu appears in the notification bar. I am starting to think the Issue is with the phone and not the PC"s. I will try installing the drivers you suggested though.

PhoneNoobs

Apr 4, 2016
This problem was already resolved in another thread and the resolution was to... I know its going to sound so stupid but to select mtp AGAIN lol..

AmitPandey000

May 11, 2017
If you have Clean master Uninstall it, Or just remove permissions from it , It'll work
#thankmelater , I m not God ;P