FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Stuck for days! PID Null, Model Information check fail when trying to downgrade LG G3

104 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By TechShui, Senior Member on 1st March 2015, 09:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Code:
PID: Null
IMEI: Null
Model :
DLL: LS990
BIN: LS990ZV4_04.51101.TOT
SWV:
SWOV:
Model Information Check Fail
Please help I've been troubleshooting for days, tried redownloaded huge TOT files, tried different cables different systems etc.
Does this mean I have a special version of the LS990 that can't be downgraded?
what does this mean?

Only similar issue I found is this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2729056&page=2
The [email protected]$$ says "NM, I got it too work!!"
And doesn't share the solution

EDIT; I guess implicitly, the solution in is in the return the to stock guide for LG G2 Verizon mentioned in the earlier reply, but that won't help my Sprint LG G3. Different ballgame alltogether.

DOUBLE EDIT: Just re-read hyelton's Return to Stock thread for the 10th time in the G2 general section, nothing seems to jump out aside from the warning not to use 16GB files for 32GB phone. AFAIK, G3 only comes in 32GB so I don't think even that would apply.

Again, I'm left to wonder if I have some odd engineering sample or a tampered (previously rooted maybe) phone.
And yes, I've tried the generic LGUP_8974.dll from AutoPrime

2nd March 2015, 04:43 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Nobody encourtered this?
Is this really such a unique issue that no one has encountered this on the G3?

It has to be something simple right?
Why is the generic dll not working either, does anyone have an alternate dll I could try?
2nd March 2015, 05:51 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,276

More
Can you maybe post some screen shots? This can help us to really help. Why are trying to to "Tot" back? Is it because of some sort of recovery problem or something? The reason I aak is because this maybe able to tell me/us how we can help you. Can you tell us what os(s) you have used? This maybe because the usb port(s) you are using maybe "dead" this could end up causing the phone to not be able to "talk" to the computer correctly.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1619415 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 1619415 Ad-Free
2nd March 2015, 08:25 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
screenshot
A screenshot would simple have the FAIL status on a red backround and the code from the OP:

Code:
PID: Null
IMEI: Null
Model :
DLL: LS990
BIN: LS990ZV4_04.51101.TOT
SWV:
SWOV:
Model Information Check Fail
This is on VirtualBox on a Macbook, USB ports are fine I'm able to copy to and from the phone, adb works, etc
Tried it on my Windows machine and get FailedPreviousLoad() BIN CRC (attached screen)

And my reason for downgrading is I'm on ZV6 and would like to root
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	1382
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	3191195  
2nd March 2015, 08:38 PM |#5  

More
Is the device bricked? This code cause many problems. You might end up having to go to sprint and getting a replacment device. I have never herd of this before. You may need to stop using any VM(s) it might have some sort of problem with your phone.
2nd March 2015, 08:53 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Yes but the tot not passing usually indicates a bad download

This is my downloaded file's md5 hash
ed593facd25e16597ebf3834f435b820

The problem is I have nothing to compare it to... the source at codefi.re doesn't have an MD5!
http://downloads.codefi.re/wolfgart/...4_04.51101.tot

As far as what happens in the VM that's a different problem and the one that I'm focused on since the TOT passes there, I get further
Could this phone have been tampered with? That's what it's starting to look like.... it's as if it thinks it's another device.

Do you have another DLL I could try? I'm at my wits end here
2nd March 2015, 09:23 PM |#7  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Valhalla
Thanks Meter: 5,526

Donate to Me
More
Have you looked in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54912191 or asked for help there?

Edfunkycold
Have a great day!
4th March 2015, 06:21 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Thanks, I'll scour it again
Thanks, but I have been reading that thread, it's where I got the TOT file link from in the first place, and yeah, I think I might post there too.

Just wanted my own thread for more exposure.

EDIT: There is a user on page 26 of that thread, but they are pretty much at the point of giving up.
It's starting to look like this mystery will go unsolved
4th March 2015, 10:25 PM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,769

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechShui

Thanks, but I have been reading that thread, it's where I got the TOT file link from in the first place, and yeah, I think I might post there too.

Just wanted my own thread for more exposure.

EDIT: There is a user on page 26 of that thread, but they are pretty much at the point of giving up.
It's starting to look like this mystery will go unsolved

Did you backup your EFS? It looks like it got cleared. I'm not sure how you can restore it now without TWRP..
5th March 2015, 03:50 AM |#10  

More
Isn't EFS just for data? @engine95

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Can you post a screenshot of the settings for the flash tool? I just want to see something
5th March 2015, 04:48 AM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,769

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1619415

Isn't EFS just for data? @engine95

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Can you post a screenshot of the settings for the flash tool? I just want to see something

In the screenshots, everything is either null or zeros. That usually means the EFS got wiped. If it's not backed up it usually means a brick. And it'll be very lucky to save it.

I could be wrong. And I can't remember if Flashtool shows it that way? Or if he's cleared them for posting. But in the past, and if I'm seeing/remembering right. That's not a good sign.

I think in the International forum, autoprime might have posted a possible way to save it. Or it might have been in the irc.

EFS is what gives us all functionality of cell and data. Along with our personal Id to the phone. In a nutshell.

Edit: heres a post about EFS. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...09&postcount=1 There's also a lot of links in the FAQ
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)