[ROM][Q&A] CM12 Questions and General Thread
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.<br />
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.
Kernel Source: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_lge_g3
Pretty much everything:
Camera (back and front-facing and LED flash,) camcorder works in 1080p, no 4k yet
Proximity, Accelerometer, Gyroscope
Partial Bluetooth support (FitBit and some other devices not working yet)
NFC - Yes NFC works now, but needs testing
EVDO Rev. A has some issues with out a patch (its cooked into the unofficial rom already)
*NOTE*: You must be Bump'd for this to work. This requires flashing via custom recovery
1. Download this and 5.1 GApps (recommended PA GApps Here. You are going to need to use the Lollipop ones, this is 5.1)
2. Put both on Internal Storage
3. Reboot into recovery
4. BACKUP CURRENT ROM
5. Factory Reset/Wipe if not on CM12, you CAN dirty flash cm12.1 over cm12
6. Flash CM12.1 (no need to wipe System)
7. Flash GApps 5.1
9. wait.. wait ..wait
To get root/SU, enable Developer Options and change "Root Access" options.
Official CM Nightly Builds HERE
Latest Unofficial Builds: 7/21/15
Hrubak's Builds Download from MEGA
Mirror: Hrubak's Builds Download from AFH
K0nane Server Links:
Kernel sources are at github.com/invisiblek/android_kernel_lge_g3
Using Cyanogenmod Repositories
@invisiblek was pretty awesome in getting this going, much more credit goes to him than me, he really had the base for this, and now I just fix crap for the ls990.
@Berzerker7 @jholtom, shoutout because I stole your thread body.
CyanogenMOD 12.1, ROM for the Sprint LG G3
clark44, Hrubak, RandomPooka, invisiblek, jholtom, Shelnutt2
Source Code: https://github.com/cyanogenmod
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod
Beta Release Date: 2015-06-23
Last Updated 2015-07-21