[ROM][LineageOS][14.1][Official] for ls990

Search This thread

Kasual52e

Mar 8, 2011
Washington
I have to use my magic and create more time 1) for testing and 2) repair - for my phone and this ROM.

I broke it doing something. Came across a bad backup. all while not having time. Where is that magic ! ?

I thank you again for the attempt at fixing the PRL update and I will test and forward resuts ASAP.

"Thank you button" for the file alone - let alone the rest.

Any luck testing?

Anything I can do to help add nfc and/or FM?
You can create and push the patch. Other than that I just need some free time which I don't have right now. I'm not ignoring you but nfc isn't playing nice and I haven't even started looking at FM.

avibp

Oct 26, 2008
PRL Update still ....

Downloaded and installed the November 03, 2017 ROM and still no joy. The only place that I found a responsive Dialer Code was using the *#*#72786#*#* dialer code (SCRTN) which is a HUGE step forward from other builds - KUDO's! An oddness is that the a new Prl file should be downloaded/installed with the code howeer, when instagating the Code, it only (SCRTN) resets MDN, MSID, Slot 1 NAI and Slot 1 NaI Password and nothing to UPDATE PRL as it seems to do with older builds (prior to nougat).

In the Wireless and Networking section under the MORE section there is an option (Provider settings) that I was specifically looking for to Update Prl which is where i believe it should be however, the process reports "com.android.phone has stopped" immediately when attempting to access it. The only option listed is 'Open app again. If attempting after that, the singular option/only option changes to "close app". Any other path to PRL update would be fine as well.

I have NO clue why my Cell/Data (Using FreedomPop Account and SIM) radios works in Lollipop but not Lineage Nougat. Updating the PRL is what causes the radio to work in the prior build. In all honesty, my assumption of the Updated PRL may not be the culprit.

Anything specific/special place I should be lookig to/for testing specifically?

NFC not tested as I don't use it but extremely rarely an I wont be using it if the device can't work as a phone :eek:

Per your request: PM Sent

Reactions: zambien

Max Frost

Oct 25, 2015
Bluetooth

Has anyone ever been able to get the phone to work via Bluetooth in the car ? I have 2 LS990's and both connect fine and do media but the phone icon has a slash through it on the radio and the battery indicator is greyed out and empty . Is this a known issue with no workaround ? I've flashed multiple builds of several roms back to Feburary in the last 2 days and it's the same on all of them , Vanir , Tipsy , Tesla , Lineage etc all . The only common denominator must be the source they are based on is all I can figure . Anyone know of a fix ? Thanks

zambien

Feb 20, 2011
Downloaded and installed the November 03, 2017 ROM and still no joy. The only place that I found a responsive Dialer Code was using the *#*#72786#*#* dialer code (SCRTN) which is a HUGE step forward from other builds - KUDO's! An oddness is that the a new Prl file should be downloaded/installed with the code howeer, when instagating the Code, it only (SCRTN) resets MDN, MSID, Slot 1 NAI and Slot 1 NaI Password and nothing to UPDATE PRL as it seems to do with older builds (prior to nougat).

In the Wireless and Networking section under the MORE section there is an option (Provider settings) that I was specifically looking for to Update Prl which is where i believe it should be however, the process reports "com.android.phone has stopped" immediately when attempting to access it. The only option listed is 'Open app again. If attempting after that, the singular option/only option changes to "close app". Any other path to PRL update would be fine as well.

I have NO clue why my Cell/Data (Using FreedomPop Account and SIM) radios works in Lollipop but not Lineage Nougat. Updating the PRL is what causes the radio to work in the prior build. In all honesty, my assumption of the Updated PRL may not be the culprit.

Anything specific/special place I should be lookig to/for testing specifically?

NFC not tested as I don't use it but extremely rarely an I wont be using it if the device can't work as a phone :eek:

Per your request: PM Sent

I have a similar issue to yours. I am on Ting and have not been able to get my PRL/profile to update, even using the methods described earlier in the thread Flash, restore other backup, update prl/profile, restore new backup.

I would be glad to test any prl update code as well. If anyone can point me to where that code is in the repo and what it logs I would be glad to look at that too.

avibp

Oct 26, 2008
Delete your old bluetooth

Has anyone ever been able to get the phone to work via Bluetooth in the car ? I have 2 LS990's and both connect fine and do media but the phone icon has a slash through it on the radio and the battery indicator is greyed out and empty . Is this a known issue with no workaround ? I've flashed multiple builds of several roms back to Feburary in the last 2 days and it's the same on all of them , Vanir , Tipsy , Tesla , Lineage etc all . The only common denominator must be the source they are based on is all I can figure . Anyone know of a fix ? Thanks

I apologize for the silly question but, did you delete your old Blue Tooth phone pairing from your car and ensure the Car is NOT paired with your phone? The pairing in your phone should not have made it through the wipes and flashing but....

In any case, before you 'start', ensure the BT pairing is deleted on both ends of the connection.

Sorry for the "Is it plugged in" question but, sometimes it the simple thngs eh?

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

I have a similar issue to yours. I am on Ting and have not been able to get my PRL/profile to update, even using the methods described earlier in the thread Flash, restore other backup, update prl/profile, restore new backup.

I would be glad to test any prl update code as well. If anyone can point me to where that code is in the repo and what it logs I would be glad to look at that too.

----------------------------------------
In all honesty it is a Cyanogen Mod issue that has followed into Lineage.

I'm NOT sure if it works as I finally broke my phone BUT, what at least partially works is using the native dialer in the Unique/Special ROM a few posts up from the OP (Kasual52) and dialing *#*#72786#*#* - Phone will reboot once if not 2-3 times and one of those times is the PRL Update. Fair warning now, my radio is toasted now from my playing, but I don't think it has anything to do with the ROM or *#code.

After I attempted the Nougat ROM and couldn't get my Cell signal to connect, I restored a backup or three and reflashed ZVF and (same) ZVC modems and nada dang thing worked. Going to try a new FP SIM next - holding breath - other ideas welcome.

Good Luck

Last edited:

zambien

Feb 20, 2011
I apologize for the silly question but, did you delete your old Blue Tooth phone pairing from your car and ensure the Car is NOT paired with your phone? The pairing in your phone should not have made it through the wipes and flashing but....

In any case, before you 'start', ensure the BT pairing is deleted on both ends of the connection.

Sorry for the "Is it plugged in" question but, sometimes it the simple thngs eh?

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

I'm NOT sure if it works as I finally broke my phone BUT, what at least partially works is using the native dialer in the Unique/Special ROM a few posts up from the OP (Kasual52) and dialing *#*#72786#*#* - Phone will reboot once if not 2-3 times and one of those times is the PRL Update. Fair warning now, my radio is toasted now from my playing, but I don't think it has anything to do with the ROM or *#code.

After I attempted the Nougat ROM and couldn't get my Cell signal to connect, I restored a backup or three and reflashed ZVF and (same) ZVC modems and nada dang thing worked. Going to try a new FP SIM next - holding breath - other ideas welcome.

Good Luck

Ouch. I'm feeling less adventurous now. :)

So even reflashing a backup based on the Sprint ROM PRL/Profile update fails? Do you have any system update apps frozen on those ROMs?

Last edited:

Max Frost

Oct 25, 2015

Good Luck

I've done all of the above numerous times . Flashed roms all the way back to Feburary , clean flashes , network resets , factory resets on 2 different LS990's and like i said it's Tesla , Tipsy , Vanir , Validus and Lineage so it must be in the blobs or something in the tree because that's probably the common denominator of the roms . Maybe a driver , I dunno , but it's not me , my devices or my flash methods I don't think . I have other devices that run these roms and they work fine so it's not the roms either I don't think .

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

Ouch. I'm feeling less adventurous now. :)

So even reflashing a backup based on the Sprint ROM PRL/Profile update fails? Do you have any system update apps frozen on those ROMs?

The way I update my profile and prl or run ##72786# is to restore my stock nandroid with efs that I made right after rooting and installing twrp . I restore that , update the phone even if i change carriers and then restore my current nandroid without the efs then it's all good . You gotta be careful restoring an outdated efs over the good one that you just updated .

t3ch42

Aug 15, 2012
LG LS990 No more?

I may have missed it, but was the LS990 removed from the distribution? I had to go back to my old phone but found that there was no files to download. I couldn't find anything here at xda either. are there any more official downloads?

Thanks,

t3ch42

Aug 15, 2012
My faith restored!
FYI, After at least a few weeks off of the lineageos download page, instead of the 14.1, I see there is a brand new 15.1!
Been a while since I've jumped versions, will have to research the upgrade procedure now....

Last edited:

xandawg

Apr 14, 2018
Can't flash

When I try to flash this and some other rims I get a error message that says something like "this device was made for . it was made for . I forget the exact message..some rims like crdroid and turbo do work...I am on a ls990 but it is a boost mobile phone not sprint is that a problem? Please I know this device is old but it seems like there's still a decent sized user based seeing as there are quite recent posts in some of the threads for this phone...if anyone could help or respond I would greatly appreciate it..I have tried using Google and searched ls990 threads and turned up nothing..thank you in advance and thanks to all the devs of this phone.

xevildoerxx

Oct 20, 2011
When I try to flash this and some other rims I get a error message that says something like "this device was made for . it was made for . I forget the exact message..some rims like crdroid and turbo do work...I am on a ls990 but it is a boost mobile phone not sprint is that a problem? Please I know this device is old but it seems like there's still a decent sized user based seeing as there are quite recent posts in some of the threads for this phone...if anyone could help or respond I would greatly appreciate it..I have tried using Google and searched ls990 threads and turned up nothing..thank you in advance and thanks to all the devs of this phone.

had the same issue....updating my trwp version fixed it for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built distribution of Android which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

logo-2.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

All information and files — both in source and compiled form — 
    are provided on an as is basis. No guarantees or warranties are 
    given or implied. The user assumes all risks of any damages that
    may occur, including but not limited to loss of data, damages 
    to hardware, or loss of business profits. Please use at your 
    own risk. Note that unless explicitly allowed by the warranty 
    covering your device, it should be assumed that any warranty 
    accompanying your device will be voided if you tamper with 
    either  the system software or the hardware.

This is a weekly build (Wednesdays) of LineageOS 14.1 for the Sprint variant of the LG G3 (ls990).
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

If you want to help out follow the building guide and then submit a patch to our Gerrit instance.

Installation Instructions are available on the wiki but the basics are below.
    *NOTE*: You must be Bump'd for this to work. This requires flashing via custom recovery *TWRP* for "ls990”.
    1. Download the ROM and Open GApps (recommended Open GApps here). You are going to need to use the arm 7.1)
    2. Put both on Internal Storage
    3. Reboot into recovery
    4. BACKUP CURRENT ROM
    5. Factory Reset/Wipe if not already on LineageOS 14.1
    6. Flash the ROM ***(if installing GApps flash it prior to rebooting or you will have to Factory Reset and start over)
    7. Flash GApps 7.1
    8. Reboot
    9. wait... wait... wait...
    10. Profit

To get root/SU, flash the arm su package available in the "Extras" download section or here.

Weekly builds

Working:
    Almost everything

Known issues:
    None at this time. List any others and I will try to get them working as I have time

@invisiblek deserves most of the credit for this project

LineageOS Blog
    LineageOS Wiki
    LineageOS Community
    LineageOS Status
    LineageOS Google+
    Beautiful ROM! S'much appreciated.
    Settings, More, Cellular Network, Carrier Settings produces the error:com.android.phone has stopped
    Open app again.
    There is a reload/refresh circular button to click on the second line before "Open app again".

Having issues locating where/how to update PRL due to horrid DATA reception which is nothing new to this location.
    Freedompop is the carrier.
    LS990 running (latest) LineageOS version 14.1-20170611-NIGHTLY-ls990

Since Cell/DATA was not beautiful before the ROM Flash and horrid after, I flashed Modem VFC and although possibly imaginary, the connection is more stable but also still poorly and "apparently" not as good as before.

You need to flash stick to update prl properly but there are other options if you search for them. Carrier settings has always been an issue I'll look at giving that option again.
    Has anyone had any success booting the last two weekly builds? The 8/30 and 9/6 builds both go into a bootloop for me... the Lineage startup logo never appears... tried many things including erasing and clean installing and I get the same. Going back to 8/23, all is good again...
    :eek:
    I think it was an issue with one of the CVEs that were merged but I haven't had a chance to figure out the exact issue yet. I'll get the build pulled.
    The latest download is available -> https://download.lineageos.org/ls990. Let me know if there are any issues with it.

I installed the latest update without any problem. The system booted up just fine. Tried Magisk this time for root and it also is working fine, passed safe net.
    I'm having some small issues with my most recent installation of Lineage OS nightly on my G3 (LS990).

I did the following:
    I installed TWRP.
    I advanced wiped the cache, system, and data partitions.
    I flashed the LineageOS zip (lineage-14.1-20170913-nightly-ls990-signed.zip).
    I wiped the dalvik cache.
    I flashed the LineageOS su add on zip (addonsu-14.1-arm-signed.zip).
    I flashed the GApps zip (open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico_20170914.zip).
    I rebooted.

Everything seems to be going ok, but everytime I reboot, I see a "secure boot error, error 1003" at the top of my screen. Is there a way to get rid of that message? Also, is there a way to install SuperSU onto the device, or is the su add-on the root for the device? I enabled apps to have root in the developer options screen. The hash sign in the status bar at the top really bothers me for some reason. Is that something built into LineageOS or is that part of the su add-on? Is there a way to hide that?

Thanks for the help.
    The only way to get rid of that error it's to install an older factory firmware (I think around zvb) and flash from there or go with stock. It isn't an issue but it lets you know that you aren't running a stock image. You should get it booting into TWRP and Lineage but not if you go to fastboot.

SuperSU and magisk both work fine if you don't like the stock implementation