[STOCK] Sprint LG G3 LS990 ZV8 TOT, OTA and .IMG's (Lollipop 5.0.1)

Search This thread
Oct 25, 2009
Help Please

I have been doing a lot of searching and I can't find my answer. I think i might be in the right place.

I have an LG G3 with Ti-X 1.3 LG G3 installed along with obviously being rooted and having TWRP installed.
My old stock firmware is the ZV8.

All I am trying to do is get back to full stock everything with root. But at this point, my level of frustration is so high, that I'd settle with stock without root.

Can someone please help me? i tried reading the thread and I just don't get it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

dpmeeks

Nov 16, 2010
osmann.... there is a vid on youtube on how to flash back to stock. Just search " lg g3 flash to stock keep root" is what I did and found instructions on how to do it. I think the guy doing the vid is on lgg3root.com as well.

klevismartini

Jun 24, 2013
tirana
Stock on download mode

ZV8 is out!! And YES this is Lollipop 5.0.1!!!

hi, im sorry for taking your time but as many other friends here im having problems with a lg g3 LS990.
THE PHONE IS ROOTED AND BOOTS UP BUT ITS SHOWING ERROR IU AND I CANT ACTIVATE THE USB DEBUG.
I TRY TO RESET BUT IT HAD THE TWRP INSTALLED AND NOW I CANT BOT TO ANY RECOVERY JUST DOWNLOAD MODE.
SO I TRY TO FLASH THE ZV4 WITH GENERIC DLL AND OTHER DLL ALSO BUT IT GIVE ME DIFFERENT MODEL ERROR.

I WOULD LIKE TO.
1- BE ABLE TO TOT RESET WITH FLASH TOOL or
BE ABLE TO DELETE THE SYSTEM PARTITION FROM DOWNLOAD MODE SO THEN I CAN FLASH THE TOT ZV4
OR BE ABLE TO FLASH A TWRP OR JUST TO REMOVE LAF AND USE FASTBOOT.
COULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME ANY COMMAND?
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

iGeek08112

Dec 21, 2015
Council Bluffs
Software info on my LG G3 ls990 running 5.0.1 ZV8

Posting a screenshot of the Software info on my LG G3 5.0.1 ZV8 sprinthttp://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3660314&stc=1&d=1456448126

89d72c252bebf84059e985d72f8a7d0b.jpg
bb3a8e296ee10b9c5fcb832bbbf03980.jpg
aa38e814cc7ada40808c8d490d293a6d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Been ages since I've been on this forum ... Trying to remember how to do things I used to know like the back of my hand!!!

Gotta reflash stock recovery, but I don't know if the TWRP version on my old G3 that I gave my daughter is 2.8.4.0+ that allows flashing a recovery img file like a zip file. Worst case scenario is that I use the terminal emulator in TWRP to write the recovery partition.

She doesn't want or need root or a custom ROM, so I'm mostly just looking to get her back to a "factory" state without losing the existing userdata she has on her already stock ROM. Pretty sure that the only thing non-stock on that phone is the TWRP and it may be running the ZV4/6 bootloader instead of the ZV8 one.

I'll let you guys know how that turns out, but if anyone has done this same thing (without losing user data), I wouldn't turn down any tips or suggestions

jreink01

Jun 27, 2012
Saginaw
Hello, I am wondering if someone can answer a few questions for me. I am currently on a marshmallow rom but it is having issues. I would like to go back to lollipop until stock marshmallow comes out. In the past, I have been on ZV8, what is the difference between ZV8 and ZVB? Should I stick with ZV8 or is ZVB newer tha ZV8? Thanks Also, will there be any issues flashing from 6.0.1 to 5.0.1? And is the zv8 rom in this thread, is it rooted??

Last edited:

Makiboi

May 19, 2016
Sir im using lg g3 LS990zv6 kitkat and non rooted, i want to update it to lollipop, what tutorial should i follow? The individual zv8 tut or zv6 to zv8 ota tutorial? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ZV8 is out!! And YES this is Lollipop 5.0.1!!!

Thanks, once again, to an anonymous donor we now have the ZV8 TOT. I have also broken down the TOT and uploaded the individual partitions which can be flashed if rooted and custom recovery(TWRP) is installed. Speaking of root... ZV8 blocks StumpRoot and Bump. If you wish to have a rooted ZV8 you must be previously rooted, have TWRP installed and then install ZV8 manually. If you end up taking the ZV8 OTA and want root then -AS OF RIGHT NOW- you will need to downgrade using the ZV4 TOT then root and install TWRP... then upgrade manually to ZV8, either by flashing individual partitions or waiting for a flashable zip.

Changelog:
    • Material Design for fluid animation, multicolored themes and 3D views
    • More efficient battery use
    • Android™ TV support
    • Notifications on the lock screen and customizable options with prioritized notifications for events, reminders, messages and calls
    • Updated Lock Screen features allow users to quickly access notifications and active apps
    • Enhanced low vision and color blind capabilities for added Accessibility
    • Integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks, while simultaneously checking the battery usage of apps running location service capabilities
    • Enhanced Messaging with Google Hangouts™ support for SMS and MMS and a larger assortment of updated Emoji icons
    • Upgraded Google Mobile Service™ apps automatically back up photos and video and can open, view, rename and share Google Docs and files

--TOT (*.zip) can be downloaded *HERE*
    Flash this TOT using the same method as ZV4/ZV6. You will need to select "Board DL" in LG Flash, otherwise you will get stuck. After the TOT flashes it will reboot your phone into the "MiniOS".. unplug the USB cable and press and hold the power button on the phone then press on the "Normal Boot" option on your phones screen. You are now on stock ZV8. Remember... there is no root for ZV8 so do not flash ZV8 TOT unless you don't mind being without root.

**after TOT flash the Sprint-specific carrier settings many not be set properly and in some cases a ##786# reset may be needed to correct this issue. Phone will work just fine otherwise. If flashing a custom rom zip or manually updating through TWRP this will most likely not be needed**

--Individual ZV8 partitions to flash manually can be downloaded *HERE*
    *disclaimer -- you can mess your phone up if you do not know what you're doing*
    Thanks to @colin0998 and @juggalo483 for the system.img mirrors HERE and HERE.

Also, you may need a "bump'd" stock boot.img if you are still running on the old KK bootloader. See my post HERE for a bump'd boot.img.

The ZV8 bootloader blocks Bump... do not flash the bootloader img files if you want to use Bump'd files. If manually updating I'd suggest system.img, boot.img, modem.img, tz.img and rpm.img.

To manually flash a partition in TWRP use ADB shell or TWRP's built in terminal to enter the following commands after placing the files on your internal sdcard (changes to commands will be needed if file names change or location of img files changes):
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system
    dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot
    dd if=/sdcard/modem.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem
    dd if=/sdcard/rpm.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/rpm
    dd if=/sdcard/tz.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/tz
    (be sure to wipe data in TWRP [wipe button > swipe slider] if coming from an "AOSP-type" rom)

--ZV6-to-ZV8 OTA update.zip *HERE*
    Thanks to @nkyer for dumping and uploading the original update.zip.

You must be on ZV6 and have a stock recovery and stock system partition for this to work. If you are on ZV4 you must update to ZV6 first.. see HERE for how-to on that. Being rooted may be OK but if you've edited or removed apks or other files or edited the build.prop then OTA zip may fail the integrity check. Root probably won't stick thru OTA.. until someone confirms one way or the othe the risk is yours.

Directions:
    1. Rename downloaded .zip into update.zip
    2. Remove USB cable from phone.
    3. Power phone off.
    4. Press and hold volume down + power until you boot into stock recovery.
    5. Select "update with adb"
    Code:
    adb sideload update.zip

Alternate Directions to skip using ADB (needs microSD card):
    1. Format microSD card as EXT4.
    2. Rename downloaded .zip to update.zip
    3. Move update.zip onto external SD card. EZ way would be to stick SD card in phone then connect phone to PC and use MTP.
    4. Power off and boot into stock recovery (vol down + power)
    5. Select the Update from SDCARD option.

Alternate Directions to skip using ADB (must have root):
    1. Stick OTA zip file in the /cache directory
    2. Power off and boot into stock recovery (vol down + power)
    3. Select the Update from cache option... then select the update zip you placed in /cache
    Soon you guys will have a system.img hosted :D I extracted the tot and merged the files together, uploading to my server now. Hang in there :cool: reason it is taking so long is it is 2.81 GB in size. Almost half way done uploading now
    OP updated. managed to get the official OTA zip link with the help of @nkyer.
    Can someone provides steps for manually flashing each partition in TWRP?

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app