Remove All Ads from XDA

Boot Loop after one month

178 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By mikesal57, Senior Member on 9th May 2016, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Here we go again...

Another LG phone having boot loops...
Bought from Best Buy on April 5TH with no protection...
May 6 phone started its random turn off....Have to do a battery pull and rest it for 10 minutes to get it to start up again..
After a min or two , it powers off again..
Yes, I was able to do soft and hard re-sets to no avail...

Just filed a repair request with LG...

Grrrrrrr

Mike

17th May 2016, 05:15 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I had the same issue with Sprint LG G5. I bought it in April 13 the from Best Buy. It started to reboot 3 times at first and got real hot before it started rebooting. I took it to Sprint repair center where they suggested to do a factory reset. I told them I can do that. But before I was able to do a factory reset, it finally died. Sprint didn't want to replace the phone since I didn't have insurance. I might have to send it to LG for warranty repair which will take 9 business days. Do not buy the LG G5..
17th May 2016, 08:06 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
About a week and a half after I got my G5 it overheated really badly and turned itself off and wouldn't restart after attempting to reboot several times. I disconnected it from the power source let it cool off then plugged it in using the OEM power wart that came with the phone. That worked and the phone restarted. A week later the same happened. The phone overheated and attempted to restart several times and this time it seemed hotter than the first time. It turned itself off eventually and I was unable to turn it back on again. Less than three weeks into ownership and the phone was completely unresponsive and dead. I took it into the sprint dealership and they initially refused to replace the phone despite the fact it was under a month before this problem surfaced. They wanted to take the dead phone and have a new one shipped out to me. I told them that was unacceptable and they came up with the compromise that if I signed up for protection now they would backdate it and give me a new replacement phone. I took the deal with the full intention of canceling the protection plan within a month or two after I'm sure this new phone isn't going to be an issue. The new phone has been pretty solid for me so far. It gets warmer than I like but that may just be a product of hypersensitivity to heat after the first phone. That was the first time with any phone that I've ever had where a phone catastrophically failed on me like that. Sprint's response at the their shop was completely unacceptable given the time frame since purchase. I like the phone but I'm not liking how ownership of it is starting out. This was about two weeks ago now and I'm still gunshy with this phone afraid this new one is going to crash on me as well. I do not like that feeling. Thank God I have a backup phone just in case.
18th May 2016, 05:31 PM |#4  
Flag Creole State
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Goes to show phones these days are not built the same. I've had the g5 since day 1, not any of the problems I've read I've had since owning the phone. I got mine from a Sprint store also. Only issue I have is the slight lag I have when connecting to anything internet related. I believe that to be something kernel related.

sent from my g5
19th May 2016, 07:30 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 569

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhdownsouth

Goes to show phones these days are not built the same. I've had the g5 since day 1, not any of the problems I've read I've had since owning the phone. I got mine from a Sprint store also. Only issue I have is the slight lag I have when connecting to anything internet related. I believe that to be something kernel related.

sent from my g5

You may want to try enabling Use legacy DHCP client in developer options. Worked pretty well for me.

Sent from my LGLS992 using XDA Free mobile app
11th August 2016, 07:22 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57

Here we go again...

Another LG phone having boot loops...
Bought from Best Buy on April 5TH with no protection...
May 6 phone started its random turn off....Have to do a battery pull and rest it for 10 minutes to get it to start up again..
After a min or two , it powers off again..
Yes, I was able to do soft and hard re-sets to no avail...

Just filed a repair request with LG...

Grrrrrrr

Mike

how long did it take to get the phone repaired through LG?
18th August 2016, 12:42 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Reboot ahhhhhhhhhhh
My G5 keeps doing a reboot cycle but only on one app (wwe supercard) how can this app cause this issue??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)