So who still has their Note 7?

Search This thread

kstephens98

Apr 29, 2009
Sadly I will be giving up my N7 this weekend since sprint is taking away the incentives on the 20th; I'm worried that they will disable the IMEI for our phones next.
The whole situation ticks me off, my phone is one of the original releases, never had any issues with it despite me being rough with it (dropping it on concrete, mud, etc.) I have yet to decide if I should bring out my N4 or go with the 7 edge... Guess that depends on what the situation is once I get there is.
I wish the rest of you well, see you in the other forums.
If you go with the S7 edge, INSIST they reset your upgrade eligibility. Whe I turned mine in, I was very insistant that they give me my upgrade back because the S7E was not the phone I wanted to use my upgrade on. First, the store was like, uhhh, we cant do that. I kept on them and the asst mgr finally relented. I made sure it was reset before I left the store. I was never rude or belligerent, but very firm and insistent. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Ariel_PR

Feb 6, 2013
Sadly I will be giving up my N7 this weekend since sprint is taking away the incentives on the 20th; I'm worried that they will disable the IMEI for our phones next.
The whole situation ticks me off, my phone is one of the original releases, never had any issues with it despite me being rough with it (dropping it on concrete, mud, etc.) I have yet to decide if I should bring out my N4 or go with the 7 edge... Guess that depends on what the situation is once I get there is.
I wish the rest of you well, see you in the other forums.

I confirmed with Sprint corporate that they will not be disabling any IMEI's. That would probably be a breach of contract if they did.

Reactions: squirrell84

jsp91470

Mar 17, 2006
San Jose, CA
I finally gave in

I decided to turn in my Note7, but I didn't want to make it that easy on them. Make an appointment and then drive to a Sprint store to return a phone I love? No way. I called them and made them mail me a return box. Let them do the work.
I had already disabled updates and also "downgraded" to the last pre-recall ROM, so I had no nag screen, 100% charging, and no kill updates were going to happen. I just got tired of fighting it, plus there's a possibility I may have to fly sometime this year. Then there's the ever-present worry that it might actually catch fire and damage something, despite the fact that I am statistically more likely to be struck by lightning.
Fortunately, I still had my Note 3 and reactivated it. This gave me the benefit of the $100 service credit for choosing another Samsung phone, and returning it outright releases me from the 2-year contract extension I signed up for when I bought the Note7.
I'll miss the slickness of the Note7, but the Note 3 is still a good phone (and I can enjoy root again!). I was still happy with it when I bought the Note7, and even kept it for a year after my contract ended (I didn't want the Note 5). I was just looking for the latest and greatest and thought I had it for a while.
I tried to fight to keep my phone but just got tired of it. I was just so annoyed at having to change phones again. My current Note7 is actually my third-- I pre-ordered my original one, then two days after I got it but before my case arrived I dropped it and cracked the screen. I used my handset insurance to get a replacement, paying the $250 deductible. Then a week later it was recalled, so I sent it back and got my third Note7. Not a great year for me in the phone area, but I have my money back and I'll be waiting for the Note 8.

Goodbye, my not-so-old friend.

a454nova

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 4, 2008
Aurora, CO
www.a454nova.com
I still have mine and it's solid as a rock.

I fast charge everyday. Some times I fast wireless charge.
No updates bugging me. All disabled.
I don't use any of the apps from Samsung, so none of that bugs me.

It will be hard to let this go until the 8 is out. I just watched Verizon **** off services to a friends N7. He was forced out. I'm not losing my upgrade for a phone I don't won't.

Reactions: squirrell84

Nhartman000

Feb 3, 2017
still have mine. SM930P graceqltespr-userdebug 6.0.1 root. started out as SM930V. Also had 930A installed at one point. I love this phone. Never had battery problems. reads 512gig sd cards. still going strong. personally i cant see wanting a newer model until the 10 comes out, is rooted and thoroghly worked out.
even still i probably
wont give it up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GUYS, just follow this post from Sleepycloud (OP) in the guides section...no need to downgrade or settle for an inferior device. ( Reminder, THIS IS NOT MINE BUT FROM ANOTHER CONTRIBUTOR)

Yeah. I have a fix. Download this .tar and put each part in the right box. Turn on OEM unlock and Debugging and flash with the latest version of Odin3_v3.12.4_4 . My phone now charges to 100% and the stupid recall nag screen is gone. The phone is 100% stock and unrooted still. You're welcome. Don't forget to hit that thanks button.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767101384
    Still have mine and is still aylt 100%

Sent from my SM-N930P using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    9f3fa69ff181803b9304aba946b097fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    Still rockin mine just waitin to see if anybody is willing to try and root the PHE update?
    :eek: I'll go Kracka Crazy on some Korean's Azz!! Bet.. :eek:

Ride or DiE here.... Brother they gonna have to pay up if they think im turning in my 2nd Edition after the hell i went through. I'll eat the som b1tch b4 i give it up to those little fingered (korean's) **** teasers! Rebel to the core aint NO doubt we gonna throw down this time. Aint no blue rubber gloves and ceramic box gonna scary me ohhh no. "Com'Git'Some" Ask the Japs how cracker crazy us American's can get we dont like gettin ****ed from behind twice. No SiR , Said my peace & I'm Out--> ♡