Deleted OS and Internal Partitions By Mistake

Search This thread

fldave612

Account currently disabled
Jul 22, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Good afternoon everyone, I got a dilemma here I can't seem to resolve or find a solution on here for. I have a new HTC One M9 (hima) and I was attempting to do a full root and install Lineage OS and Open Gapps. The phone is S-Off, but appears to have a locked bootloader still since it does not have the fastboot option on the bootloader, only boot to downloader, boot to recovery, reboot, and power down options.

When I attempted to install Lineage, I made the mistake of doing an advanced wipe, wiped the data, cache, dalvik cache, and internal storage prior to install figuring this would be like the many installs of custom ROMS I've done in the past.
Well, I cannot get any ROM to work at this point, CM 12, CM13, Bad Boyz, and Viper roms all seem to install ok but will hang on the first boot process and will not load up to the in initial first run wizard screens. I also cannot get Open Gapps to install at all, it reports errors and rejects the install. I've tried it with the verify zip box checked and unchecked, I've tried both the 7.1 ARM and 7.1 ARM64 versions, I've also used Gapps 6.0 with the CM 12 and 13.

Unfortunately I didn't realize I needed to enable OEM unlocking in developer options prior to attempting a boot loader unlock, I have no ROM installed so I cannot do this now.

So my question to everyone is, how do I get an OS installed again on this phone so I can get back to where I was prior to wiping everything so I can begin the root and bootloader unlock process again?

Thanks for your help with this everyone.

retiredtrebor

Dec 30, 2012
Sisterdale, Tx
I am not a dev, so not positive this is what you will need to do. I think you need to RUU your phone. If phone is Sprint HTC M9, OMJ has a thread with the latest RUU and all the instructions. Of course this does assume you can get into download mode. I had a similar issue a while back, ended up I had to use adapter for SD card into PC to transfer the RUU. Then put SD card back into phone. Hope this gets you started.